Heroic Shattered Halls

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Heroic Shattered Halls

Postby Novariety » Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:09 pm

After entering and clearing the hall to the 1st room we had major issues in pulling the next Legionarre and his 8 mobs? 6 wipes later we finally clear it.

Our main concern was at times after pulling 2, 15-20 secs later the whole room and the 2 stationary guards to the next hallway add. Is it a case of having to pull the legionarre with the 1st pull, resulting in 5 coming? Or is the 2 pull ok? It seemed so random the whole room aggro'ing at times and then on other pulls it wouldnt. Any suggestions on this would be appreciated.

After this 1st room we had no issues but needed the warlock and hunter to cc due to my gear being of lvl 70 blue quality.

Cleared all the way to 2 Head and got him down with about 20 secs before instance reset. Was a little frustrating as I would have liked to have given the last boss a go for the chance at the boots. Which incidently dropped for the same group minus me the next day :(.
Novariety

Postby PsiVen » Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:08 pm

I always pull the legionnaire when he's on the far left, LOS round the big corner. It almost always gets 5 mobs when I do it, but a gun pull or a mind soothe will keep it to 3 if you're careful.

If it's any consolation, those boots aren't really better than yours except for farming ;)
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Jensaarai » Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:50 pm

I'm fairly certain that if you don't kill the legionnaire first, he will either call adds, or aggro everything else to you.

My advice: mark three targets, the lego (first dps), the farthest left or right mob (sheep) and the next target in from that mob (second dps). Mage sheep pulls when the lego is next to the sheep target, you have a 2 (3 with sheep) mob pull. cake.

Just finished running it...I was second on dps :O I <3 shadow priests...I did get the boots...lol I saw them "nice 5-man boots :P" though I may use them for the early kara bosses :twisted:
Jensaarai - 85 Prot Paladin (Lost Isles - US)
Endüre - 85 Prot Warrior (Lost Isles - US)
Jensaarai

Postby Dorvan » Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:21 pm

Yeah, those boots are part of my threat set. I use them for things like the Magtheridon channelers...and 5 mans, of course.
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Novariety » Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:50 pm

Thanks for that.

I think our 1st pull was 5 but I went down pretty quick, the other guys thinking it would be just like normals and I could actually take them all with out cc. Then we tried different pulls to try and combat that, to no effect.

Next time I will just make sure we employ cc from the get go, warlock fearing/seducing (altho the lock in my grp doesnt like seducing :o) and the hunter trapping. Which worked well for the rest of the instance.
Novariety

Postby Downpour » Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:22 am

I just wait until he's to the far left, then pull the rightmost mob with any rank1 thing the party has but AS. We get 2 mobs every time. Then again for the next rightmost pair. You can then either pull the remaining 5 or wait until the legionnaire paths to the right and solo pull him.

I wear pretty much full raid gear, but except for the MS gladiators we do treat it just like a normal and we aoe them down, but a lot more care needs to be taken to drop the legionnaire first in the melee.
Downpour

Postby corc » Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:56 am

are you wearing your craziest blockiest gear?

my armoury is all fudged up because of playing around with different gear for arena (boy do i suck at it...) so you can't look at the mediocre gear I've got. But, if I let the healer know to spam and everyone else know to nuke the lego in the group I'm able to aoe just like in normal (minus a few mobs if I can, like I don't pull the whole room on purpose or wait for a pat to overlap with guards ;)). Also, I pop my two trinkets the blocking "use" one from netherstorm and the one which heals ~100 per block.
Dwarf Pali on Ner'Zhul
"Mostly Harmless"
corc

Postby Thels » Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:30 am

You can pull the mobs without the Legionnaire. If any of those die, the Legionnaire will call forth a nonelite mob that will attack you right away. Just killing that mob doesn't call for more, though.

Have fun at the 7 mob pull, though. I can do them without CC on heroic now, but I remember the first time I went in there on nonheroic, one complete disaster (I was holy back then with a warrior tank).
ImageImage
Thels

Postby Novariety » Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:25 pm

Reading other posts could it be this bug with RD that is pulling the others once we are settled? I can remember using it at the time but didnt think much of it till I read people were having similar issues in kara etc.

Anyways cheers for the imput I am sure that room won't pose a huge drama next time I am in there.
Novariety

Postby Buttertoast » Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:58 am

I found through complete dumb luck (trying to pull the whole room on non-heroic) that the legionnaire can actually be pulled alone as he pats through the center.
The window is so small that I don't recommend trying it seriously, but it was still funny to watch.
Buttertoast

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics