Heroic bot for a pali tank ... AR?

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Heroic bot for a pali tank ... AR?

Postby ldeboer » Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:05 pm

I was thinking I would set off into bot as one of my first heroics because I do it all the time on my mage main and I find it the easiest heroic.

What worried me was everyone going on about arcane resistance and I was scratching my head I dont ever remember being hit by much arcane in heroic bot I know the end boss does it on tank and a couple of the mechos but is it that bad?

Being on my mage never thought much about it thats the tanks problem :)

Now re-rolling a tank guess I better worry ^-^
ldeboer

Postby Brickhouse » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:07 pm

You don't need it.

There are a few encounters where AR helps, like last boss in Sethekk Halls, but it is more than doable without it.

In fact, with nerfing of heroics/raid instances, you really do not need AR anymore, for much of anything. =(

You needed it six months ago, or so, on those mecho warrior dudes, whatever they are called, but they are nerfed, so basically just tank them like normal.
Brickhouse

Postby NarfJones » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:17 pm

The only place in game I use a resist set is on Hydross. I know FR and SR will be needed in Black Temple, but I cant think of any place I would wear more than my Kara trinket for AR.
NarfJones
Maintankadonor

Postby Pizbit » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:14 pm

As above, no need for any arcane resist in heroic bot at all.
It's one of the first heroics I do when I go farm them and never had an issue with Zero arcane resist. Even when I first went there as my first heroic.
I have ADHD and OCD...I keep forgetting to wash my hands.
Pizbit

Postby Aeverius » Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:28 am

The only place it's even anything to speak of is the trash before the first boss. After her, there's no arcane damage at all, as I recall. My problem is never taking to much arcane, but one of my DPS'ers eating too much when I'm tanking a steward. Your regular health pool should be more than adequate to soak the little bit of arcane damage you'll be taking.

"Incoming!" is the new ready check.
Aeverius

Postby Pizbit » Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:30 am

Aeverius wrote:The only place it's even anything to speak of is the trash before the first boss. After her, there's no arcane damage at all, as I recall. My problem is never taking to much arcane, but one of my DPS'ers eating too much when I'm tanking a steward. Your regular health pool should be more than adequate to soak the little bit of arcane damage you'll be taking.

Mark steward first kill or CC it for last and HoJ it at 50%ish or as soon as you see the arcane whirl, solved my problem of DPS dying. :)
Pizbit

Postby sbeacher » Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:33 pm

If you have a weak healer you might want to CC one of the "greenkeepers" in the first few pulls (it's 2 keepers and one mender). I'm not exactly sure what is doing all the damage there but I usually take a good bit (and they are prone to casting sleep on the healer as well)
sbeacher

Postby Pizbit » Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:25 pm

sbeacher wrote:If you have a weak healer you might want to CC one of the "greenkeepers" in the first few pulls (it's 2 keepers and one mender). I'm not exactly sure what is doing all the damage there but I usually take a good bit (and they are prone to casting sleep on the healer as well)

I agree, the hurt a LOT, greenkeepers fury is about 3.3k ish damage and they'll chain cast it.
Pizbit

Postby Rokh » Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:41 am

sbeacher wrote:If you have a weak healer you might want to CC one of the "greenkeepers" in the first few pulls (it's 2 keepers and one mender). I'm not exactly sure what is doing all the damage there but I usually take a good bit (and they are prone to casting sleep on the healer as well)

I just ston one of the green keepers once they are all 3 in your conc... even if your dps is low and it comes un-stuned before you get the other one dead, it will stagger their nukes so your healer has 3-4 sec between each to heal you back up.
Rokh

Postby Frickit » Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:58 am

Bot is too easy at the kara/badge gear level. You dont need anything except to kick a lot of ass very quickly for 5 badges and some shards.
Frickit

Postby Snake-Aes » Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:39 pm

For stewards, just save HoJ for when they start flurrying. Works like a breeze(worst case, you're stuck in a gcd and he shoots a couple times)

It's not necessary to gear towards any kind of resists for heroics anymore. Hell, on speed runs my group ignore Bite's mark for Quagmirran.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Tyaera » Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:33 pm

am I the only one who absolutely loves Botanica as a heroic? it takes the same amount of time, roughly, as Mech, once you know all the pulls. There is a fair chunk of trash from the entrance up to the first boss, but between each boss from there, there's only 3-4 pulls of trash, max. Between Sarannis and Freywinn, there's onebig AOE pull, plus one pull of chemists, and a patrol. Then you use the shortcut and then there's one more AOE pull. Then another couple pulls of chemists and you're at Freywinn. Then there's four patrols of demons, and a pack of Channelers. You can pull an extra pack of Channelers if Botanica is the dungeon daily. then there's the two big groups of demons in front of Thorngrin, then Thorngrin. Then the pulls of Gene Splicers, then the four-pulls in front of Laj. Then two big AOE pulls, then Warp Splinter.

Botanica is a really well-paced instance...a nice lead-up to the first boss, then there isn't excessive trash for the rest of the instance.
better to tank in hell than DPS in heaven
Tyaera

Postby Aeverius » Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:47 pm

Tyaera wrote:am I the only one who absolutely loves Botanica as a heroic?

It's one of my favorites, because:
It's easy to get a guild group together for.
It's 5 damn badges, that's kickass.
I can chain-pull most of it regardless of who's healing, even though my gear is awful.
Nothing in there fears.
Last but not least- I can taunt my fellow paladin tank, who never got the Laj shoulders running that place all the way to exalted- and I get them every single time.

"Incoming!" is the new ready check.
Aeverius

Postby Tyaera » Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:15 pm

Aeverius wrote:

It's one of my favorites, because:
It's easy to get a guild group together for.
It's 5 damn badges, that's kickass.
I can chain-pull most of it regardless of who's healing, even though my gear is awful.
Nothing in there fears.
Last but not least- I can taunt my fellow paladin tank, who never got the Laj shoulders running that place all the way to exalted- and I get them every single time.

i never got them either

i like the Bold shoulders better though
better to tank in hell than DPS in heaven
Tyaera

Postby Lakirby » Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:42 am

Easy 5 badges, what's not to love? :)
<Shadows of Eternity> - Kilrogg EU - 5/5 MH 9/9 BT
Retiring 11/07/08 - Tanking to the bitter end.
Lakirby

Next

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics