WTB gear lookover

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

WTB gear lookover

Postby deadpyrowalking » Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:34 pm

yo... ive been going thru the uncrushable basic gear and i think ive come up with a good variation (still getting one of the rings, the belt, and some other stuff) but i have a nice base so far. One of the things i like the most thats different is my chest. Any thoughts or suggestions? (click my profile thingy or go to armory and look at Cptasparagus
deadpyrowalking

Postby Catriona » Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:10 pm

Do NOT Post Threads Like This:
- "Is my gear good enough?" or "Am I ready for ________?" Honestly, your gear is never "good enough" unless you have the best item available to you for every slot on your character sheet. You should always be looking for new upgrades. In addition, especially in the 10 and 25-man raiding scene, your gear is only a minor part of what composes "good enough." I've seen Tier 5 geared Warriors wipe on Attumen, and I've seen fresh level 70 druids tank Prince. If you're not sure your gear is good enough, get upgrades! If you're still not sure, just try it and see how it goes!

- "Rate my gear!" This forum is here to give you input on difficult gearing decisions, or find upgrades you may not have known were available. It's not here for you to brag (that's what the Personal Successes thread is for!). This also applies to generic "here's my profile, what should I do?" threads. For completely general upgrade advice, see the gear stickies. Feel free to post with specific upgrade questions however (see below).

- "Am I Uncrushable?" Again, this forum is here to give you input on difficult gearing decisions, or find upgrades you may not have known were available. It is not a calculator. The information you need to figure this out on your own is readily available in various places around these forums.

- "What badge gear should I get?" There are many, many threads on this topic already. Feel free to check them out and see if someone else's position answers your question. If not, please post to an existing thread on the topic rather than creating a new one.

- "No I mean what gear should I get, specifically?" See above. Really, there's tons of discussion about every piece of badge gear available, anything that would be said in response to your question is has already been said somewhere else. Use the search function.

Stonemaul
Catriona - holy priest / Chivalry - prot paladin / Spirallis - marks hunter / Daiya - destro lock
Catriona

Re: WTB gear lookover

Postby Blowhole » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:24 am

deadpyrowalking wrote:One of the things i like the most thats different is my chest. Any thoughts or suggestions?

The only question about gear that it appears you've posed is about your chest. And you're asking what people think about it as far as beginning tanking gear?

It's terrible. For a quick example, you can grab this from a quest chain and you'd be at 490 Defense and gain some avoidance.

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=25819

If you're running instances, shoot for one of these three:
http://www.wowhead.com/?item=28205
http://www.wowhead.com/?item=28203
http://www.wowhead.com/?item=28262

They're going to suit you better than a chest piece with no defense or any other tanking stats on it.

But that doesn't seem to be your only issue... your weapon, your spec, your gems all just seem way off base.
Blowhole

Postby Invisusira » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:26 am

INTERIOR CROCODILE ALLIGATOR MUST GET IBTL
Invisusira

Postby guillex » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:27 am

Invisusira wrote:INTERIOR CROCODILE ALLIGATOR MUST GET IBTL

This.

And change your spec. That's all I'm going to say if you ask for gear help. Change your spec.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Lore » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:41 am

Gear questions go in gear forum, and yes, "Check my gear please" threads are not allowed. If you have any specific questions, check the search function, and if you can't find what you need (just about every piece of tanking gear has been discussed at length by now) then feel free to make a new topic.
Lore
Global Mod

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics