Remove Advertisements

Healing? FFS

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Healing? FFS

Postby Scrawn » Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:13 am

Ok so Ive just started Kara running and sods law after 2 weekly clears I get no tanking drops. I do However have come accross 5 epic pally healing pieces and I have a few blues in the bank.

Do you think its possible to heal in heroics as prot? (*sigh) What targets should I be aiming for statwise? And do i spam flash or normal light? I reckon im probably going to be pretty nub healing at 70.

Im 48/13 specced prot.

I think I run about +800heal and 9k mana.

Its something else to do and a chance to run with my tank buddies outside kara/tk.

wtb tank drops pl0x
I'm not sure if you're aware, but math is, in fact, not voodoo magic, and you can't invalidate the
mathematical formulae the game is based on with your nonsense anecdotes
Scrawn

Postby Pizbit » Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:47 am

It's possible, just don't even think about it until you have another 400-600+heal.

With 800 you'll, well, I don't want to see the mess. :)
I have ADHD and OCD...I keep forgetting to wash my hands.
Pizbit

Postby Khayne » Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:47 am

that 800 healing sounds real low, with that much your flashes of light wont be no where near enough, and i doubt you have the mana regen to spam holy light only.

i´d say that if you can tank the heroics, stick with that.

EDIT: For referrence, i did try healing with 1200 or so, and it wasn´t exactly easy or fun.
Khayne

Re: Healing? FFS

Postby GothicPL » Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:42 pm

Scrawn wrote:Ok so Ive just started Kara running and sods law after 2 weekly clears I get no tanking drops. I do However have come accross 5 epic pally healing pieces and I have a few blues in the bank.

Do you think its possible to heal in heroics as prot? (*sigh) What targets should I be aiming for statwise? And do i spam flash or normal light? I reckon im probably going to be pretty nub healing at 70.

Im 48/13 specced prot.

I think I run about +800heal and 9k mana.

Its something else to do and a chance to run with my tank buddies outside kara/tk.

wtb tank drops pl0x

I would not recommend healing heroics as prot.

I suggest temporarily respecing to holy (41/20/0) and healing some BGs and non-heroic instances first to get a good grasp on how things are supposed to work, and to understand how much single target healing power holy pallies have. Very soon, you'll be comfortable healing heroics and Kara as a holy pally.

Healing as prot is painful in general, even with a nice healing set.
Absence of Light's Grace and no mana return on crits is pretty significant for things like double bog lord pull in heroic UB. I don't see how FoL spam can keep the tank up on those pulls unless you're insanely overgeared.

Healing gives one a completely different perspective on running instances, and after healing a few heroics I've gotten a lot more sympathetic to my healers. There are many fights where it's just extremely hard to keep everyone up, and the healer needs to make tough split second decisions on who to keep up and who to let die.

You will need to get an add-on like Grid to make raid healing feasible. Default UI works ok for five mans, but for raids is just terrible.

Another thing, get some blue reputation trinkets such as Lower City Prayerbook and Xiri's Gift, and macro all your healing spells to /use them and holy talent cooldowns such as Divine Favor whenever they are available. I can post my macros if you want.
GothicPL

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics