Failed hard at Heroic Arcatraz.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Failed hard at Heroic Arcatraz.

Postby Greddy » Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:54 am

Well, yesterday, Arcatraz was the daily heroic.
To make the story short, I failed hard. I mean on everything.
Partly because I was noobish with bad pulls etc, but in general I felt that I made less threat in arcatraz then the other instances. And take in general too much damage.

The healers couldn't hold me up on the first boss. And later on, on the trash like the eradars and demons, before the last boss. They hit relative hard. I usually die on 2-3% health left on mobs.

I have successfully tanked UB, SP, SV, ramp, SH, bot, mech. I haven’t tried the CoT instances yet.

I was sporting around 14k-15k hp buffed by the time. I felt after the instance, that this instance Arcatraz, needs to be somehow be “Overgeared” compared to lootdrops in order to own the instance.

I was after the bracers from the last boss, but boohoo, I might not need it once I get there.

Minibosses before the last boss, were also a pain. Especial the Dragonkin one( the kinds from BWL) hits like trucks and keep me constantly down on orange/red bar.

So…. Any tips and tricks against the eredars, and minibosses?

My armory link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Daggerspine&n=Greddy

/Rant off

Thank you for your input.
Greddy

Postby Duzzit » Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:24 am

that place just sucks, honestly. I'll say not to worry about it your gear is more than fine for any heroic. What was your healer's class? druids seem to have a bad time keeping me up every now and then. Anyway dont worry about it, honestly.

p.s cant give tips as I cant really remember the instance too well, did it bout a month ago last time to help a few friends with their Naruu trial quests.

Duzzit

Postby Worldie » Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:37 am

Fist boss = Shadow Resistance, enough said

The infernals are some kind of issue, since the healer has to heal multiple people from them. It's more up to healer's skill and gear than your own gear.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Exalt » Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:34 am

Worldie wrote:Fist boss = Shadow Resistance, enough said

This.

My housemate is my pocket priest. She's got a little over 2000 +healing and close to 200mp5 while casting. She can basically solo heal me through aoe pulls in karazhan. She can solo heal me on prince and nightbane.

With my 0 shadow resist, she couldn't keep me up on that boss. We tried him 3 times before saying fuggit and skipping him.
Exalt - 70 - Argent Dawn

Exalt

Postby rabbel » Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:42 am

You really shouldn't have much problems with your aggro, at least not in the Arcatraz. I mean, nearly every mob there (with the exception of those ethereal guys and the arcane sentinels) are demons, so you can exocise them to hell.
I have tanked the first boss on heroics with just shadow resistance aura, and it worked. Was difficult for the healer (Shaman mostly, with a Priest adding a PW:S and another heal every now and then) but definitely managable. And my gear is on your level.
Last edited by rabbel on Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rabbel

Postby Sielanas » Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:50 am

I've done it heroic once. Never again. I got my Trials of the Naaru done, not going back. Oh, and we skipped the first boss after wiping once. I just had the 70 SR from the aura. I was the last one standing, dps got killed by the blast, healer by a black hole.
Sielanas

Postby guillex » Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:52 am

Sielanas wrote:I've done it heroic once. Never again. I got my Trials of the Naaru done, not going back. Oh, and we skipped the first boss after wiping once. I just had the 70 SR from the aura. I was the last one standing, dps got killed by the blast, healer by a black hole.

It's a stupid easy instance. That's all I have to say. Run with people who actually have brain cells that function, and you should have no problems.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Snake-Aes » Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:03 am

There, everything hits like f* trucks. DPS has to be good, for there are a few timers/stacking debuffs that won't go off till the monster dies. Healer has to be good, he'll have to heal on the move and group heal and heal through a LOT of damage. Priests and Druids have it best here, I think.
The Eredar have a dispellable debuff on you where you deal less damage( or takes more, I think ). The soul-screamers, you have to pull with something that isn't holy damage(<3 Mana Tap) so you can built at least initial threat.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby guillex » Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:04 am

Snake-Aes wrote:There, everything hits like f* trucks. DPS has to be good, for there are a few timers/stacking debuffs that won't go off till the monster dies. Healer has to be good, he'll have to heal on the move and group heal and heal through a LOT of damage. Priests and Druids have it best here, I think.
The Eredar have a dispellable debuff on you where you deal less damage( or takes more, I think ). The soul-screamers, you have to pull with something that isn't holy damage(<3 Mana Tap) so you can built at least initial threat.

I go oom in there quite regularly... Are we all talking about the same instance? lol
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby sucellus » Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:05 am

I've always had problems with the first boss, basically due to clothies dying very quickly. It's not so hard if you have party members with a few more hit points. Never had much of an issue with the rest of the instance.

The infernals are really easy if you all stand on the same spot when the meteor hits, otherwise cloth wearers may get one-shotted.
sucellus

Postby Snake-Aes » Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:22 am

Guillex wrote:
Snake-Aes wrote:There, everything hits like f* trucks. DPS has to be good, for there are a few timers/stacking debuffs that won't go off till the monster dies. Healer has to be good, he'll have to heal on the move and group heal and heal through a LOT of damage. Priests and Druids have it best here, I think.

I go oom in there quite regularly... Are we all talking about the same instance? lol
I go oom on half the pulls too >.>
No way I'll get mana back in combat from a Mark of Death, usually I die because the big damage income is coupled with some kind of anti-healer mechanic
I never die on a well done pull, nor if the dps kills those few eyes in time, I usually die on the eredar soul eater because I'm using a slow healer coupled with the slow%debuff, or because a bad pull(read:pulled more than 1 demon).

Maybe I just have bad healers? <shrug>
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby guillex » Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:23 am

I actually pulled two eyes the other night. Went pretty well. Meh, I dunno.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Snake-Aes » Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:24 am

Guillex wrote:I actually pulled two eyes the other night. Went pretty well. Meh, I dunno.
I pull the entropic eyes in 2-packs whenever I can. 1 Cleanse removes 2/3 of their threat. the Death Watchers are a no-no. I'm usually running with dpsers at the 500dps mark
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:48 am

Pulling 1 death blabla+more mobs is usually survivable if everyone nukes the eye first.

Pulling 2 death watchers means that 100% someone will die
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Snake-Aes » Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:02 pm

My last successful run in heroic arc was with 3 shaman and a priest healer. elemental + elemental + enhancement.
sustained 2800 dps :D Good times.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Next

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics