NON-Heroic ramps and BF...

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

NON-Heroic ramps and BF...

Postby Shadraak » Sun Feb 24, 2008 7:36 pm

well i've been tanking ramps about 4x having problems keeping some aggro or getting aggro back after i loose it, any ideas on this? my main "pain" is the last boss, i can keep him on me but when the dragon comes it usually goes straight for the healer and kills them first before i can even get em, and i die fast from the flame thrower he does, any tips on iguess, re-gaining aggro? cause the taunt isn't working :(

and i will be doig BF soon as well, people have told me to wait till level 62 to tank this is that correct? i have excellent gear i think for my level anyway and dont see why i can't do it :(
Shadraak

Postby Levantine » Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:01 pm

Nazan and Vazruden farking suck. Whenever I've run (successfully) it we've had the tank prep for Mr insano dragon after a little bit and have the DPS blow their loads all over the human guy and drop him before he can run amok.

Also, face the dragon AWAY from the group, so the healer doesn't have a fit, because you WILL wipe the group if the flame breath hits the group, there's already enough group damage flying around for that level to stress any off spec healer, and even some on spec ones.
Levantine

Postby Shadraak » Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:05 pm

Levantine wrote:Nazan and Vazruden farking suck. Whenever I've run (successfully) it we've had the tank prep for Mr insano dragon after a little bit and have the DPS blow their loads all over the human guy and drop him before he can run amok.

Also, face the dragon AWAY from the group, so the healer doesn't have a fit, because you WILL wipe the group if the flame breath hits the group, there's already enough group damage flying around for that level to stress any off spec healer, and even some on spec ones.

well that's what i've tried to do but i did it 3 groups in a row and the only one we sucessfully did it with was with a 70 in the group :( i feel like i'm letting them down, my problem is the dragon lands and automatically goes for the healer never fails.....i even have a consecration down ehre he lands and everything and no luck we tried the all dps on the guy while i'm on the dragon till he falls (usually only as like 5% when the dragon comes down anyway) but always seem to die :( i dont know if t's just bad luck and the others are stupid, but i'm dps background so this is my first real tanking experience.
Shadraak

Postby Levantine » Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:10 pm

Consecrate is NOT going to be enough to pick up straight away. You really need to whack him with a JoR as soon as he lands to give Consecrate some time to tick along.
Levantine

Postby Shadraak » Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:46 pm

maybe my lineup isnt' right then i always go with SoW, judge it and then throw SoW back on for mana regen after i frisbee that is and consecrate so i'm def not pulling enough aggro then?
Shadraak

Postby Levantine » Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:48 pm

Nope. You're going to need to JoR too if he goes for the healer. Then you hit it with SoR until Judgement is up again, THAT's when you can judge Wisdom.
Levantine

Postby Snake-Aes » Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:49 pm

Pretty much. Get used to always using SoR.You need threat lead before even bothering with JoWisdom, and Seal of WIsdom only if you are the only one generating threat.

And on the dragon, remember to strafe when he breathes fire on you. This way you escape the fire dot.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Shadraak » Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:51 pm

ok so when he's getting low and the dragon is gonna come pop on SoR, when the dragon comes judge it and when i get the aggro throw shield back up and consecrate and then SoW? i can't make the rocket launcher yet to pull so i'm stuck with linkens boomerang and the frisbee for pulling mobs lol

well i can amke it just dont hae the mats yet

my tps is only like 200 300 max when i'm soloing here so i dont know would you consider having SoR up all the time for extra holy dmg done or is that only if you have a good healer?
Shadraak

Postby Snake-Aes » Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:53 pm

Get used to always using SoR. It's your threat tool just as much as consecration is.

Even on Vazruden.

When the dragon is landing, hit it with JoR and generate threat on the dragon instead of the orc. If you used SoR you should have enough of a lead for him to die while you tank the dragon. If you are being attacked, it's not a good idea to use your avenger's shield.

And Rocket Launcher doesn't give you threat.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Shadraak » Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:58 pm

Snake-Aes wrote:Get used to always using SoR. It's your threat tool just as much as consecration is.

Even on Vazruden.

When the dragon is landing, hit it with JoR and generate threat on the dragon instead of the orc. If you used SoR you should have enough of a lead for him to die while you tank the dragon. If you are being attacked, it's not a good idea to use your avenger's shield.

And Rocket Launcher doesn't give you threat.

well yeah i know it doesn't just wasy saying generally hehe

well i wasn't the only one getting threat had a hunter that was pulling a ton of aggro the first time i wiped, next group had a shaman that had aggro all the time, it's like once i loose it i can't get it back even the taunt isn't doing it i dont know why my gear isn't that bad infact i'm told it's dang good.
Shadraak

Postby Worldie » Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:59 pm

That dragon, and all the next bosses you will find as long as you don't overgear, will be hurting you SO bad that mana will be the last of your problems.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Snake-Aes » Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:00 pm

Shadraak wrote: it's like once i loose it i can't get it back even the taunt isn't doing it i dont know why my gear isn't that bad infact i'm told it's dang good.

It's because you don't use SoR.

Righteousness is your friend. Cater to it and love it.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Shadraak » Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:07 pm

Worldie wrote:That dragon, and all the next bosses you will find as long as you don't overgear, will be hurting you SO bad that mana will be the last of your problems.

but then again if i'm oom i'm fubared right? i mean i ran with a pally healer and she knew how to heal me to let me get to like 40% and hit me with a big heal and it was good same wth a priest but there's some that will jsut pop on little regen ones and keep me topped off and it's like i'm always OOM :(
Shadraak

Postby Snake-Aes » Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:11 pm

You can drink a potion to gain mana, but not to gain threat.

There are ways around the mana issue. Usually judging wisdom on a boss means you'll never be oom against it.
But Seal. Righteousness. There's no way around it.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Njorde » Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:01 pm

I tend to stay close to the middle and keep my AW for when he lands. You can always BOP the healer before he lands as well, especially if its a drood healer.
Njorde

Next

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics