Remove Advertisements

Heroic horror stories!

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby sucellus » Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:36 am

Just the usual:

Where did you say I'd find Arcane Intellect?

What's DI?

Hunter overaggroes, doesn't bother FDing for no apparent reason, then when I give him salv, complains bitterly saying, "I have FD!"

Any one of a million times where the DPS decide to pull, especially when I've got about 20 mana and am sitting back at the last pack of dead mobs drinking.

You have died!
sucellus

Postby Tyaera » Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:35 pm

sucellus wrote:Begin combat:
0:01-1000
10:01-1000
You have died!

added ridiculously exaggerated timestamps for comedic effect

please laugh
better to tank in hell than DPS in heaven
Tyaera

Postby tofino » Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:08 pm

Tyaera wrote:
10:01-1000
You have died!

please laugh

Too busy crying from the memories... :p
Tofi, 70 BE Paladin, Whisperwind
tofino

Re: Heroic horror stories!

Postby ldeboer » Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:57 pm

Catriona wrote:WTB heroic horror stories pls! I'm at work and need a laugh.

I'll start.
I outgear H SP by a wide margin but the other day I had a shitty healer and my screen blinked red (less than 30% health) more often then not. I finally got rid of him after one of the Champions Intimidating Shouted me and the rogue and proceeded to one-shot the DPS warrior and the priest. The priest asked if we let him die on purpose.

My response: "Yeah, we MC'd the mob and used Intimidating Shout so he could pwn you two. Thought it'd be funny. Lol."
He left group and hearthed. I was sure my comment would've tipped the sarcasm meter.

Please share!

Mine was 2 nights a go late and I get a pst from a guy who had latched onto me while levlelling pally (my 3rd 70 toon) as he was on his 1st, can I come and tank normal SH.

So I get conned plz plz ...

In I go so we have druid healer, my rogue mate, hunter and mage.

Get in start AOE tanking away no CC needed at this stage.
Do notice gee wow not getting much heals but outgearring instance by some way we move along.

By this stage I have also noticed that healer is using all HOTS and I am occasionally getting mana issues.

So we get to the 6 pull b4 the 7 pull room I mark the 2 shooters blue for hunter and moon for mage. I will take the other 4.

Hunter> You will have to heal my pet alot
<RED FLAG> Umm just trap it
Hunter> Ok dont use that much

You can guess he didnt know how to LOS and in the end I had to go pick it up. Got scattered shoted everything goes kills healer. So healed myself and tanked and we got thru.

So we now have 7 pull room. K mage can sheep, can't rely on hunter so I have 6 lets sheep lock and I will take rest.

Me> To Druid healer I need you to actually use heals for this not HOTS because I will need mana to keep consecrate up.
Druid> Um what is HOTS
Me> Heal Over Times like lifebloom. Use the normal heals, pally's turn healing into mana.
Druid> I am really balanced just got some healing gear on I will go OOM.
<REDFLAG>

You get the picture I had to do whole instance with a druid doing lifebloom on me the whole way .. Mana issues the whole way.

Set a record for my slowest ever and least enjoyable SH run.

We get to the warchief and I realize that I wont be able to hold up consecrate for very long with no mana renewal. Explain that and I will stand at the door area where adds come and drop consecrate can they spread out along way apart and dps like crazy.

1st attempt> Healer stands right next to me at door ... lasted 20 secs ohh I thought just dps moved

2nd attempt> 1st rush of warchief mage dies, healer die
me> What happened to you two
mage> He hit me twice for over 2K I only have 4.5K HP
healer> Yeah same in all this cloth healing gear I dont have much HP
<RED FLAG>

3rd attempt> We have explained to mage what Iceblock is which he is to use on 1st charge. I will bubble him thru 2nd and try and hopefully IB be back up for 3rd. I have BOS on the druid healer so I am taking some of his damage.

We got him to 28% and at end as with previous 2 attempts there is me tanking him with 4 dead people around him. I used my hands and thru down healing seal cause I thought I might just make it but died at 22%.

I thought wow I did 6% solo and thought thats not bad and clicked on recount ... I had done 72% of the damage for the run and 82% on the last boss.

<REDFLAG>

Ummm I called it making excuses about it being late :)
ldeboer

Postby Snake-Aes » Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:18 pm

tofino wrote:
Tyaera wrote:
10:01-700
You have died!

please laugh

Too busy crying from the memories... :p

fixed =D
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Gimorth » Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:20 am

I'm a PUG-er at heart, so I have had my fair share of terrible groups. I find that you can generally expect a 25/50/25 distribution when pugging. 25% of the time, it will be the smoothest group you have ever had. 25% of the time it will be an absolute horror story. The remaining 50% of the time it's somewhere in the middle.

So, my most recent horror story comes straight out of Heroic BM. The group starts with the warrior insisting that everyone get on his guild's vent server. This should have sent up a red flag, as BM is probably the only place in the game entirely managed by map pings. Our hunter seemed to be like-minded, as he refused to get on Vent and was subsequently kicked.

I explain in party chat that my Vent is borked. 10 minutes later, the warrior starts lambasting me for not being in Vent. (Uh-oh. I generally require reading skill and comprehension in my groups.) I explain that I literally just said that my Vent is borked, and we move on.

This story is coming to its abrupt end, so stay tuned. We quickly clear the trash and get prepared for the first Rift Lord (keep in mind- this is POST 2.4 after they nerfed their HP). As a pally tank, I explain that they should generally keep DPS on the boss and not go out of their way to take the adds. We then proceeded with the longest rift lord fight I have ever been a part of. The warrrior insisted on trying to DPS him from the front. I died just as the RIft Lord did (with no mana, btw) and saw the warrior say:

/s Wow
/p It's the worst tank ever.
/p Sorry guys. I don't want you to die.

I did not point out that the healer decided not to heal me for most of the fight. I also did not point out that we had the worst DPS I had ever PUG-ed with. I simply responded:

/p K. Later.

And hearthed.

Crowning moment of the story? The same warrior whispered me yesterday to ask me to tank MgT for him. HA!
Gimorth

Postby Mishdorf » Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:56 pm

Last night, heroic slave pens. My first heroic at all.

We get into the instance, buff everyone, the rogue sneaks around and gets spotted, dies instantly. Before we've even started pulling.

The run was pretty smooth until we tried to bypass some of the 5packs towards the end. Then we hit wipe after wipe. Everyone in the instance went back for a repair at some stage or another. We couldn't down Quagmire in the end (one of our warlocks was undergeared, we were using a pally healer and I didn't realise I could taunt acid spray). Rogue went home with a 60g repair bill, mine coming in at a nice managable 23g. Our pally healer spent 41g.

Was hella fun though =D.
Mishdorf

Postby Dianora » Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:47 am

New Horror story.

Late sunday night, I decided to do another heroic Magisters' Terrace. Most of my regular (save the restoration druid) was not on, so I gather a bunch of alts and non-raiders from my guild. I really only have 1 CC (sap), and the warlock's CC isn't used until pass the 2nd boss.

Right off the bat, I noticed that our DPS was much lower than I expected, no problem, we got pass boss #1 and I finally realized why our DPS was suffering. The warrior whom I assumed was either fury or ms was actually protection. We wait for 5 minutes while he respec to something with more DPS. Fortunately, the strategy for boss #2 calls for slow and easy, with priority on the adds, and not try to burn down the boss as soon as possible.

We somehow managed to actually finished the whole instance and in time for the raid, but I learn never to assume the spec of the people you invite, even from guildies.
ImageImageImage
Dianora

Postby Gimorth » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:03 am

Dianora wrote:The warrior whom I assumed was either fury or ms was actually protection.

That's hilarious.

I actually had a rogue in my group the other day who decided to start leveling his swords skill mid-run. He was using a Latro's Shifting Sword and some white (yeah, not quite gray but not quite green) sword. All of a sudden we were all like "Oh- THAT"s why our DPS just started sucking."
Gimorth

Postby spiky_porcupine » Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:08 am

Heroic MGT last night.

Had my friend who's SP and a disc priest healing. Healing was not a problem for sure since I ran many heroics with him.

Anyways, pugged a rogue who's in a T6 guild, and he has a couple T6 pieces with rest at T5. Pugged a fury warrior, another T6 guild but his alt who's fully T4 geared. Thinking, well, we have 1 cc and can MC, so should be fine.

Marks up, rogue saps, we pull. Mob MCed, I started to AoE tank. Was wondering why on earth is the skull is going down slowly... and I realize the rogue is hitting on another mob, so prayer of mending jumped a ton due to that even though I stopped consecrating. No biggie, asked him to follow targets.

Boss 2, we got boss to 20%, and Sp died since I had a stream of hits and no dodges. Rogue & warrior decided not to kill orbs, and we got aoed to death at boss 3%. No biggie, wiped a couple times more as orbs weren't killed but we finally got through it.

Went to room with 5 mob pulls. Asked rogue to sap a farther mob, gets detected and wipes the group. Tries sapping a target closer, gets detected and wipe again. Fine... Sap the target closest to us and we'll MC the farther mob, wipes us again by pulling another pack.......... I really shoulda kicked him at that time, but he did do good DPS, so I let it go.

Goes to 3rd boss. Sap the warrior, gets detected, dies, and we learned to stay far to avoid aggro >.> Rez up, sap again, pull. And rogue again doesn't focus on the priestess and goes off killing others. Asked him to follow targets and fight in the yard so we can fear, nope, aggros at boss area so we can fear. Wipes again. Really really shoulda kicked him, but I needed CC and no mages around. Wipes a couple more times and my friends & I just called it >.>

Moral of the story? Just because they're T5 or T6 geared doesn't mean they're good......
Spikybunny:
Level 70 Draenai Protection Paladin
Spirestone
spiky_porcupine

Postby focker919 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:56 am

so this one comes from herioc mech...went with a guildy dps, me tanking, and the rest pug. amazing thing was, the run went smooth as a babies arse until final boss. then everything went to hell and back. i repaired just before the instance, i died once on the demon bombers, so i had like 85% durability left for final boss.

then we get to partheneon (however you spell his name). death death death death death death death death death death death. or something like that. im not ever sure what went wrong every time...people just kinda fell over dead. ended up with a 45g repair, just 3 badges and no daily reward.

just made all the worse by the fact that the run WAS going so well.../sigh

another favorite of mine was running SH on reg (on my mage alt)...then we decided that went well enough we could do herioc ramps. tank/healer had done great so far, said they had done a couple heriocs before so i agreed. 1st pull in ramps tank says "oh damn they hit hard. do all heriocs hit like this?"

i say, mobs hit for ~1k, bosses for 2.5k.

followed by "oh...the herioc i ran didnt hit this hard. i cant do this one. /ninja log"

i laughed and logged.
focker919

Postby Pizbit » Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:49 pm

focker919 wrote:i say, mobs hit for ~1k, bosses for 2.5k.

followed by "oh...the herioc i ran didnt hit this hard. i cant do this one. /ninja log"

i laughed and logged.

Ya know if it wasn't for the healing debuff on the first boss in H-Ramps pallies could probably solo him, he hits for nothing.
I have ADHD and OCD...I keep forgetting to wash my hands.
Pizbit

Postby sapientialb » Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:00 am

Heroic SH Last night -

I know this is supposed to be one of our bright spots but it was absolutely wretched. I've never died so many times in an instance. We struggled through to Warchief and finally got him but just wow.

I can't even pinpoint what went wrong really. The healer had +1400 healing (if in an oddly assorted set of gear for a Pally) I grabbed the first set of 5 on the left in the first big room and went splat and it just went on from there. But the really non-sensical thing is that there are several nearly identical pulls in there.

Like the Centurion + 4 Gladiators pulls. 3/4 times they went down like level 1 wolves in westfall but the 4th time I got wtfpwned (no they didnt reset back to 100%) and we wiped.

Meh Maybe I'll try it again when I have 15K hp base instead of just 13K.

I logged out in my threat set but I'm sitting around 52% miss+dodge+parry.

"Tanks need many stats, including No-blink crotch staring resistance" - Snake-Aes
sapientialb

Postby guillex » Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:03 am

sapientialb wrote:Heroic SH Last night -

I know this is supposed to be one of our bright spots but it was absolutely wretched. I've never died so many times in an instance. We struggled through to Warchief and finally got him but just wow.

I can't even pinpoint what went wrong really. The healer had +1400 healing (if in an oddly assorted set of gear for a Pally) I grabbed the first set of 5 on the left in the first big room and went splat and it just went on from there. But the really non-sensical thing is that there are several nearly identical pulls in there.

Like the Centurion + 4 Gladiators pulls. 3/4 times they went down like level 1 wolves in westfall but the 4th time I got wtfpwned (no they didnt reset back to 100%) and we wiped.

Make sure you don't pull the gladiator packs when they have their buff on... You'll get raped.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Pizbit » Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:49 pm

sapientialb wrote:Heroic SH Last night -

You can skip the sides on heroic, and really unless you're insane, I would.
Personally just not worth the hassel to have 5 mobs on you plus an MS debuff.
I have ADHD and OCD...I keep forgetting to wash my hands.
Pizbit

PreviousNext

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics