Remove Advertisements

Heroic Mech woes

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby UMIO » Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:58 am

Just wondering Can the charged first ability be stopped by a grounding totem?

and also in heroics u don't need 490 defense to be uncritable but it still helps with avoidence
UMIO
 
Posts: 292
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:03 am
Location: Melbourne

Postby mazater » Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:52 am

UMIO wrote:Just wondering Can the charged first ability be stopped by a grounding totem?



Charged fist deals roughly 1k additional damage to nearby enemies, it can not be stopped by grounding, or any other totem.
User avatar
mazater
 
Posts: 1130
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:40 am
Location: Winland

Postby Rykis » Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:19 am

UMIO wrote:Just wondering Can the charged first ability be stopped by a grounding totem?

and also in heroics u don't need 490 defense to be uncritable but it still helps with avoidence


Not too sure how the 490 defense topic came up again.

Unfortunately, my normal group does not contain a shaman. My 5-man team kind of just "happened" it wasn't really planned. It consists of:

DPS:
- Mage (who constantly respecs)
- Warlock (SL/SL)
- Hunter (Survival with a touch of BM and Marksmanship)

Healer:
- Priest (Holy/Disp or Disp/Holy depending on mood)

Tank:
- Yours truely

Given that make up, I am not sure what else we could do to interrupt this guy. The hunter might have a trick or too up his sleeve. I would have to discuss this with him. There really isn't enough time to freeze with the mage and then run.
Image
Rykis
 
Posts: 182
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:17 am

Postby inthedrops » Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:08 am

you'll just have to take the hits with that makeup. What you'll need to do though is let the charged fist through, make sure healer only heals you, and spams the big heals letting them all land, if it looke like you're having a bad string of not dodging THEN and only then stun him with your HoJ. That buys the healer time to get your health back up and the Charged First will have subsided by then. For the next one, prepare to eat a Healthstone that the lock gave you and possibly a Health Pot as well.

I would suggest wearing as much dodge gear as you can.

Make sure the healer understands that when he see's you knocked down to the ground that you'll likely be taking a lot of damage because you can't block/dodge or eat any healthpots. Once the healer feels "behind" it can get ugly.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 1281
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:19 am

Postby Nunka » Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:18 am

Rykis wrote:
UMIO wrote:Just wondering Can the charged first ability be stopped by a grounding totem?

and also in heroics u don't need 490 defense to be uncritable but it still helps with avoidence


Not too sure how the 490 defense topic came up again.

Unfortunately, my normal group does not contain a shaman. My 5-man team kind of just "happened" it wasn't really planned. It consists of:

DPS:
- Mage (who constantly respecs)
- Warlock (SL/SL)
- Hunter (Survival with a touch of BM and Marksmanship)

Healer:
- Priest (Holy/Disp or Disp/Holy depending on mood)

Tank:
- Yours truely

Given that make up, I am not sure what else we could do to interrupt this guy. The hunter might have a trick or too up his sleeve. I would have to discuss this with him. There really isn't enough time to freeze with the mage and then run.


Befriend a shaman. He'll out-DPS the hunter anyway. ;)
Image Image
Nunka
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:14 am

Postby mazater » Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:34 am

Rykis wrote: The hunter might have a trick or too up his sleeve.


Snake Trap.
User avatar
mazater
 
Posts: 1130
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:40 am
Location: Winland

Postby Rykis » Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:44 pm

Mazater wrote:
Rykis wrote: The hunter might have a trick or too up his sleeve.


Snake Trap.


Snake trap?
Image
Rykis
 
Posts: 182
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:17 am

Postby Bludusk » Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:54 pm

I believe the Mind-Numbing poison the snakes give would slow down the cast time at least.

Or maybe your hunter has improved Conc Shot. That works nicely, too.
Bludusk
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:35 pm

Postby Bryne » Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:18 pm

I think the Destroyers are immune to poisons (and to Curse of Tongues now).

Honestly, that makeup is fine. You have Counterspell, your warlock can use his felhunter to Spell Lock, and you have HoJ if one gets through. Just burn them down as fast as possible - you even have the advantage of being light on melee DPS to minimize splash damage from it.
User avatar
Bryne
 
Posts: 133
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:18 pm

Postby Rykis » Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:31 pm

Bryne wrote:I think the Destroyers are immune to poisons (and to Curse of Tongues now).

Honestly, that makeup is fine. You have Counterspell, your warlock can use his felhunter to Spell Lock, and you have HoJ if one gets through. Just burn them down as fast as possible - you even have the advantage of being light on melee DPS to minimize splash damage from it.


We were actually running with the imp not the felhunter. I tend to request the imp a lot because my HP is still low. I'll keep that in mind.

My group does rock on melee splash. I was in PUG the other day with a rogue and it was an entirely different battle. I had no idea what to do when the rogue was getting slammed with an AOE.
Image
Rykis
 
Posts: 182
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:17 am

Postby guillex » Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:35 pm

Rykis wrote:
Bryne wrote:I think the Destroyers are immune to poisons (and to Curse of Tongues now).

Honestly, that makeup is fine. You have Counterspell, your warlock can use his felhunter to Spell Lock, and you have HoJ if one gets through. Just burn them down as fast as possible - you even have the advantage of being light on melee DPS to minimize splash damage from it.


We were actually running with the imp not the felhunter. I tend to request the imp a lot because my HP is still low. I'll keep that in mind.

My group does rock on melee splash. I was in PUG the other day with a rogue and it was an entirely different battle. I had no idea what to do when the rogue was getting slammed with an AOE.


Giggle. That's what I do.
Póg mo thóin
Image
User avatar
guillex
Moderator
 
Posts: 7490
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:32 pm
Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada

Postby Lianamar » Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:48 pm

Rykis wrote:My group does rock on melee splash. I was in PUG the other day with a rogue and it was an entirely different battle. I had no idea what to do when the rogue was getting slammed with an AOE.


My main is a rogue, and basically the rogue just has to know his limits and either get out of range when hp get low or suck it up and take the damage (or die). And if you don't have a warlock in the group, sometimes it's just best if the rogue pretty much stays out of the demon bomb-thrower fights altogether.

On the plus side, a good rogue (as mentioned) will be able to handle the Charged Fist, so that part of the instance would be easier. :)
Image
Lianamar
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:59 pm

Postby redlenses » Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:51 pm

Re: Sepethrea

I fought her last night and we couldn't kill her. We downed last boss and then came back to her...

Don't the elemntals resist kiting? i.e. if you kite them in heroic don't they go after someone else? Additionally Serpenthrea's special abilities making kiting pretty difficult, she slows you, knocks you back, and disorients you. We tried the strat of the pally in the middle and the DPS spead to the corners (wow wiki) which worked to some degree, but that fight gets messy quick.

Any other strats that people use to beat her?

Great strat with the gauntlet, will definitely try that next time if we run into trouble.
redlenses
 
Posts: 91
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:40 pm

Postby Rykis » Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:42 am

redlenses wrote:Re: Sepethrea

I fought her last night and we couldn't kill her. We downed last boss and then came back to her...

Don't the elemntals resist kiting? i.e. if you kite them in heroic don't they go after someone else? Additionally Serpenthrea's special abilities making kiting pretty difficult, she slows you, knocks you back, and disorients you. We tried the strat of the pally in the middle and the DPS spead to the corners (wow wiki) which worked to some degree, but that fight gets messy quick.

Any other strats that people use to beat her?

Great strat with the gauntlet, will definitely try that next time if we run into trouble.


If I remember correctly, I used blessing of freedom and/or cleanse when she slowed me down and Righteous Defense when she did the knock back. The disorient, unfortunately, you just have to survive through.

I did seem to be kiting her a bit. I had PoJ at the time and that helped a bit. The big problem I had was my healer kept dying. It was chaotic, we had just turned 70, and our gear left a little to be desired. We might actually give this dungeon another try this weekend. Hopefully it is the daily.
Image
Rykis
 
Posts: 182
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:17 am

Postby Gimorth » Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:54 am

Rykis wrote: My group has consistently complained that they were bored and that they think heroics would be easy. We did manage to complete our Arc quest, and some of us had the heroic daily for Mech.



This is actually one of the more annoying aspects of the the Normal/Heroic interplay. There is still a long way between "normals are WAY TOO EASY" and "heroics are a viable option." I stepped into each of the normal lvl 70 instances and simply owned them from the get go. I figured I would have a relatively easy time tanking heroics. That was most definitely not the case. There is definitely a good amount of gearing left to do once you trivially outgear normals.
Gimorth
 
Posts: 107
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:10 am

PreviousNext

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


Remove Advertisements

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
?php } else { ?