Heroic Shadow Lab

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Exodius » Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:33 am

A very good reply from Frank. Let me add some things...

I found that you don't need to be wearing healing gear. Just get spell damage avoidance plate as much as you can - think the righteous set, tier gear, that sort of thing. This will boost your mana and your threat so it's easier to pick up after MC. Certainly, healing gear would do the same in theory, but I found my max threat gear worked pretty soundly. :D

One more tip... you can bubble through a sonic boom for Murmur. As long as you are the only thing in melee range you can keep it on the full duration and not lose aggro - Murmur can't move, he won't change targets or do wierd things as long as someone is next to him, even a bubble immune paladin. :D

I usually explain this to the healers and say that I will bubble through the second boom. This allows them to preplan and gives them a breather half way through the fight. :wink:
Exodius

Postby Frank » Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:48 am

Exodius wrote:
One more tip... you can bubble through a sonic boom for Murmur. As long as you are the only thing in melee range you can keep it on the full duration and not lose aggro - Murmur can't move, he won't change targets or do wierd things as long as someone is next to him, even a bubble immune paladin. :D

Good call on the bubble, I do the same thing.

I like wearing my healing plate to Inciter because he always heals me when I'm MCed so I almost always rengage him with full mana and health. The few tanking pieces I do wear are more than enough to hold aggro with.
Frank

Postby Zeels » Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:06 am

Eating the sonic boom in heroics are _a lot_ of dmg. When I've done
heroic sl, we tend to run out. It's not hard to run out, you have plenty of time
and you can stand pretty far from murmur and still be able to hit.
By the Power of Grey Skull!

Lvl 80 Spanks you very much Spankadin!

Spank
Zeels

Postby Balls » Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:59 am

Zeels wrote:Eating the sonic boom in heroics are _a lot_ of dmg. When I've done
heroic sl, we tend to run out. It's not hard to run out, you have plenty of time
and you can stand pretty far from murmur and still be able to hit.

Thing is though, Sonic Boom will never kill you unless you were below 10% when it hits (in that case your healer is terribad and you'd wipe anyway). I'd rather be guaranteed to soak hits from Murmur then get caught halfway out and then wiping the group when Murmur starts spamming those bolts around and kills all the ranged.
Balls

Postby Exodius » Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:27 am

As I understand it, the sonic boom takes a flat 80% of your health off, or something like that. Then normally Murmur will hit you hard straight after.

If the healer isn't paying attention, then you will likely die, whether you have 10k health or 25k. It's just more health might give you a chance to absorb a second hit before a heal. Emphasis being might.

At least, that's how I think it works. Could be wrong.
Exodius

Postby Snake-Aes » Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:01 am

Exodius wrote:As I understand it, the sonic boom takes a flat 80% of your health off, or something like that. Then normally Murmur will hit you hard straight after.

If the healer isn't paying attention, then you will likely die, whether you have 10k health or 25k. It's just more health might give you a chance to absorb a second hit before a heal. Emphasis being might.

At least, that's how I think it works. Could be wrong.
Ardent Defender? ^.^
<experience in heroic as warlock alert>
Murmur comes down to coordination all the time. First we'd avoid the booms, for ranged dps it's the easiest thing ever to take only up to 2 of those anti-ranged bolts. Melee dps usually charges or sprints, never been an issue. Our tanks charged/stayed in boom range as needed.

Inciter....what a bitch. Ultimate threat gear and mana trinkets should do well here. With tankadins, I enjoyed quite a bit using the RANGED taunt....
Party Spread: We'd burn all we could on first moment, then on the first mc the tankadin would wait for some dpser make a big number and then taunt the inciter, throw a shield and proceed to tank normally. After second MC, group would wait for the tankadin to get some threat(a judgement and a consecrate do the trick) before spanking him.. and from there the taunt's cooldown was always ready anyway so we just repeated as needed.
</experience in heroic as warlock alert>
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Previous

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics