Remove Advertisements

Heroic Arc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Heroic Arc

Postby funkdafied » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:24 am

So my group and I did heroic arc last night with ease until we ran into the air elemental as the second mini boss. group make up was me (tankadin), holy pally, arms warrior, shadow priest and aff lock.

Attempted a couple times with all of us dpsing the boss. although the holy pally was pretty geared some of us would die and not make it for the third boss. another attempt we had the shadow priest throw dots on out of shadow form and use renews and mending to help out. that almost worked.

Any suggestions?
funkdafied

Postby funkdafied » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:25 am

or maybe I'm not ready yet?

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... Funkdafied

there's my profile
funkdafied

Postby inthedrops » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:13 am

I don't even need to look at your armory to know if you're ok. If you made it to the last boss, killed the first boss, your group was fine.

The elemental puts out some serious damage and is a pain for sure. If random people were dieing during him it was probably a case of everyone being a little bit undergeared rather than the specific fault of an individual.

For example, if your casters only had around 6.5k health (as some mages or SP's do early on in their careers) it can be a rough go for a moderately geared holy paladin.

Don't give up on Arc, try it again with a different group and see how you do.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby Talaii » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:12 am

I seem to remember the air elemental being the one that casts the "Increases all magic damage taken" curse (and the fire elemental casts the "Reduces all healing effects" version). In which case, not having a decurser is really screwing you over, especially with a lack of AE heals. Either get a good strong AE healer, a class which can decurse (druid or mage) or both, and it's a lot easier. I make a point to not do arc without a decurser (which is usually a feral, he follows me around like a puppy since it means he doesn't have to tank).
Talaii

Postby Zeels » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:42 am

- Spread out
- Rape him
- Have a healer with hots
- ??
- Profit
By the Power of Grey Skull!

Lvl 80 Spanks you very much Spankadin!

Spank
Zeels

Postby lirael » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:34 am

i had the same problem a while back.
this aggro on this mob seems to be unstable. What i tell my group is to stop DPS when i loose aggro and leave me a little time to pick him up properly. That worked.

Another technique was to use burst damage only, not DOTs that worked too.

but i agree this mob is a pain.
Paladin 70
lirael

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics