Remove Advertisements

Ready to tackle some 5 mans But I need some info first.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Wakeman » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:50 pm

Balanor wrote:
ThugNMeThePally wrote:Are the 2 points placed into spell warding really worth it?
Personally, I would say no. Caster mobs are a pally's biggest thorn but you are right, 4% damage reduction against spells does seem worthless. Never had it, never missed it.

I'm fine with someone who choose not to have spell warding. Some people like it, some don't. It is a good change in 2.3 that tankadin spec is now so diversified. People who have it know that it is worth for only TWO points of talent.

Yet, you are 0/49/12, made me wonder what you had chosen for the TWO points spared from spell warding.

Reckoning over spell warding? Ok, personal choice.
Reckoning over precision? Hmm.... I suggest you to do some research first....
Image Fear my Bacon of Light!
Wakeman

Postby Wakeman » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:04 pm

ThugNMeThePally wrote:Thank Everyone Very much!!! Great replys.

Next Question.

When my group starts 70 5-man heroics the warlock was thinking about switching out the lock for his feral Druid, because he said he has been in the Heroics and they Hit for 3-5k damage and the druid would work better in the 5-man heroics the the lock. Whats your opinions? Should he switch out the lock for the druid? if so why? if not why?

Thank you again. :D

Feral druids are only good for tanking in 5-man. For dps, locks >> feral druids. Normally, dps (and healers) shouldn't get much hit in instances. If he did, it is either your problem of not holding aggro good enough or his problem of not controlling his threat well. :roll:
Wakeman

Postby Balanor » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:04 pm

Next Question.

When my group starts 70 5-man heroics the warlock was thinking about switching out the lock for his feral Druid, because he said he has been in the Heroics and they Hit for 3-5k damage and the druid would work better in the 5-man heroics the the lock. Whats your opinions? Should he switch out the lock for the druid? if so why? if not why?

Take the lock as their damage should be better than the druid even in feral form. If you are doing your job correctly, the lock shouldnt be hit aside from an occasional AoE. If the lock is worried about their hps, maybe they arent equipped for heroics yet.

Maybe the druid wants to tank?
Balanor

Postby Balanor » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:11 pm

Wakeman wrote:I'm fine with someone who choose not to have spell warding. Some people like it, some don't. It is a good change in 2.3 that tankadin spec is now so diversified. People who have it know that it is worth for only TWO points of talent.

Yet, you are 0/49/12, made me wonder what you had chosen for the TWO points spared from spell warding.

Reckoning over spell warding? Ok, personal choice.
Reckoning over precision? Hmm.... I suggest you to do some research first....
Nope. You have a valid point.

Being relatively new to 70, I just have not cleaned up my spec since I hit 70. For a pally tank grinding to 70, reckoning > precision + spell warding.

For an established tank who's geared such that they arent taking alot of his and are doing raids and heroics, I would agree, that spell warding + precision > reckoning.

I guess I really ought to update my spc.
Balanor

Postby ThugNMeThePally » Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:21 pm

Thx again for everyones input!!

Heheheh another change I know.

Instead of the Lock changing to his Druid, he has instead decided to switch to his shadow priest, as a backup healer DPS role.

BUT the holy priest has decided that since the lock is switching to his SP the he will switch to his Reto Shammy.

So as I post here on this board with all these great comments I need another. It seems that the final party build WILL BE.

- Tankadin (Me)
- Priest (Shadow)
- Mage (Fire -- THX)
- Shammy (Reto)
- Hunter (BM)

Thoughts? Better? Worse? should/will be easier now? should/will be harder now?
ThugNMeThePally

Postby Wakeman » Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:56 am

ThugNMeThePally wrote:Thx again for everyones input!!

Heheheh another change I know.

Instead of the Lock changing to his Druid, he has instead decided to switch to his shadow priest, as a backup healer DPS role.

BUT the holy priest has decided that since the lock is switching to his SP the he will switch to his Reto Shammy.

So as I post here on this board with all these great comments I need another. It seems that the final party build WILL BE.

- Tankadin (Me)
- Priest (Shadow)
- Mage (Fire -- THX)
- Shammy (Reto)
- Hunter (BM)

Thoughts? Better? Worse? should/will be easier now? should/will be harder now?

Restore Sham is similar to holy priest. I like sham slightly more for the totem.

Lock vs s-priest is situational. Instances e.g. mech, BF, with a lot of demon, locks are very handy. While s-priests are good for the mana battery.
Wakeman

Postby UMIO » Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:36 am

Shadow priests are probably a little better then warlocks due to there group heals and extra mana. also also if ur healer is having trouble at certain parts then the priest can always jump out of shad form and heal + priests bring a bubble.
UMIO

Postby Uthadanin » Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:46 am

UMIO wrote:Shadow priests are probably a little better then warlocks due to there group heals and extra mana. also also if ur healer is having trouble at certain parts then the priest can always jump out of shad form and heal + priests bring a bubble.

My shadow priest buddy heals for garbage, the mana return is soo great I have never seen my healer go oom. On another note my shadow priest was completely shocked when pulling the trash in black morass (heroic) I was double his dps b/c they don't really have any aoe's and I was pulling in massive groups.
Uthadanin

Postby Frickit » Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:48 pm

Rokh wrote:There is a macro in the macro section that tells you your crush chance.

and dont get spellwarding, persuit of justice is way more usefull as it helps not only midigate spell damage, but it also helps you resist non-damage spells like fear/slows/root/stun.

and heroic slave pens is a whore, i wouldnt recomend it as a starting heroic unless your mage has slow and can kite the un CC able guardians.

Heroics are also alot about trial and error, once you figure out whats hard and whats not, you can roll through one with out any problems.

A good starting heroic imo would be botanica, i find it to be very easy and not very 'heroic' at all.. most of the mobs dont hit over 700ish, so you can still group tank if you want, or use CC.

I also really enjoy mana tombs, if you get 'shadow protection' greens, even cloth, and get your SR to about 300 with aura the first boss is comedy. allthough alot of trash in heroic MT drops threat, so have your finger on the stun button incase they descide to run off.

I have a seriously hard time tanking the event in shattered halls, its a funny situation because its so easy i dont get any mana back and end up running OOM.. you cant drink for some stupid reason and potion just doesnt cut it... I run out of mana before the group gets to the end of the hall and problems occure.... however, i got that trinket from heroic unberbog that restors mana when your hit, i am looking forward to trying it in that fight.

speaking of, anyone have a good use for that trinket? i picked it up just for shits and dont really know what it would be good for besides something like shattered halls archer event.

i disagree with this entire post lol
Frickit

Postby Tyaera » Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:15 pm

Next Question.

the warlock is saying they hit for 3-5k damage..thats true. they also hit for about 6k on cloth which is probably what his concern in.

if he's getting hit in heroics he's doing something wrong. these are not normal instances, where a cloth-wearer can pull aggro and take a couple of hits while the tank gets aggro back. if he pulls aggro and he's not a tank, he's going to die, end of story.
better to tank in hell than DPS in heaven
Tyaera

Previous

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics