Heroic Shattered Gauntlet

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Heroic Shattered Gauntlet

Postby ricmrune » Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:49 pm

Has anyone noticed lately if you run the gauntlet section that you can't drink whatsoever? I noticed that even if you're a good ten yards away from flames the toon just sits down for a chug and gets right back up. Before when I used to grab sections at a time I was able to drink to full mana.

It's weird. I never had any issues. Usually I just pick up all the mobs before the archers, go to the side and aoe everything. On the last run though the healer died and we weren't able to rez him in time.
ricmrune

Postby Swagger » Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:39 pm

Yes, it's pretty annoying.
Swagger

Postby Snake-Aes » Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:16 pm

Bring a LOT of water. I did it pulling a couple sections at once, going to the side and spammingdrinks between pulls. Yo uget interrupted like every 4 seconds.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Galoheart » Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:39 pm

Is there a easy way to run that Guantlet on Heroics without half your group getting killed due to all the fire damage before you get to the end of it?

I know its also a pain to run a few sections and try to drink when getting interrupted by the fire all the time.
http://ardentdefender.blogspot.com/ - My WoW Blog.
"One day my time will come. Until then I continue to prepare myself".
Galoheart

Postby Snake-Aes » Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:33 am

LoS the archers. You should take only initial fire damage this way. Put FR aura up and prepare to burn a lot of mana, for everyone.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Dorvan » Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:40 am

Galoheart wrote:Is there a easy way to run that Guantlet on Heroics without half your group getting killed due to all the fire damage before you get to the end of it?

Tell people to move out of the fire? I don't think it ticks for more than 2k....you won't die to it unless you're just not paying attention.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby jere » Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:56 am

Dorvan wrote:
Galoheart wrote:Is there a easy way to run that Guantlet on Heroics without half your group getting killed due to all the fire damage before you get to the end of it?

Tell people to move out of the fire? I don't think it ticks for more than 2k....you won't die to it unless you're just not paying attention.

That reminded me of our current guild message of the day, a quote from someone:

Raiding is hard. Sometimes there is fire. You have to get out of the fire.
jere

Postby holysdrjr » Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:34 am

I just run up backwards, weaving around the fire - my healer keeps HoT's and flash heals, half way up we kill the mobs, then we go all the way to the boss... we only stop twice really.

I put Seal of Wisdom on the boss and everyone starts attacking him right away, refills their mana - sometimes I use LoH, sometimes the healer will wand the boss for some quick mana and then continue to heal... That part depends on how quick we got up the hill.
holysdrjr

Postby gummyrabbit » Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:19 am

I did it the other day (as a holy priest) with a druid tank, mage, hunter and rogue. I find that getting behind one of the walls gives you an extra couple of second to drink and if you get interrupted, just drink again. We made it all the way through and downed the boss with no problems. We cleared the whole thing (skipped the gladiators on the side) and even did the timed prisoner quest with only two wipes when we accidentally pulled extra mobs when clearing trash. We one-shotted all the bosses. The most amazing part is that this was a pug! Woot!
gummyrabbit

Re: Heroic Shattered Gauntlet

Postby Dianora » Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:06 am

ricmrune wrote:Has anyone noticed lately if you run the gauntlet section that you can't drink whatsoever? I noticed that even if you're a good ten yards away from flames the toon just sits down for a chug and gets right back up. Before when I used to grab sections at a time I was able to drink to full mana.

It's weird. I never had any issues. Usually I just pick up all the mobs before the archers, go to the side and aoe everything. On the last run though the healer died and we weren't able to rez him in time.

Depending on your gear and the skill of your healer, you could pull the entire gauntlet plus the archer in one take. I ran it with 2 mages, 1 hunter and shaman healer. The only thing was, the hunter's pet still attack before I actually stop, which was at the end of the gauntlet. Kind of annoying that I have to taunt it off. Doing the entire section at once conserve your DPS's mana, and the non-elite really don't hit hard (I was wearing my near passive uncrushable set). The only thing to watch out for is your healer's mana.
ImageImageImage
Dianora

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics