Heroic BM - Aeonus

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Heroic BM - Aeonus

Postby Legadi » Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:47 am

OK! I've done lots of heroics and haven't come up against something I couldn't wing or scrape through.. until Aeonus. I've tanked Heroic Black Morass 4 or 5 times in the last few weeks and I haven't finished a one of them thanks to this guy.

Most times I die is a Sand Breath, followed by a frenzy, then a Time Stop. Do I need t4 equivalent gear to handle him? I don't think I'm gimped really, mostly blues from normal instances. Is it my HP? I get about 13k with buffs and consumables. Is it my healer? The healing during all my attempts were fine during previous waves. Aeonus' Time Stop/Frenzy combos just ruin me.

Everytime I see this guy turn my blood elf into holy-flavored pudding I feel helpless. Is there a trick to this that I'm not catching on to? I'm thinking about not even trying again until I'm in 2 or 3 more pieces of badge gear or tiered gear. This boss sucks. :/
Legadi

Postby Worldie » Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:15 am

Well, i wouldnt recommend doing this guy without at least 15-16k HP, since he can produce a big spikedamage during the time stop, and you cant be healed throught it.

Maybe try with a druid, hots could work.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Ardaic » Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:22 am

I discovered a hella-smooth group make-up for this instance: hunter, Mage, Healadin and a Resto Druid with points into Balance.

On bosses, the Tree would occasionally go tree-form, throw a couple hots, then return to DpS. On Aeonus, it made the timestops much smoother. Best BM Run I ever had, I must admit.
Ardaic

Postby Flex » Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:08 am

Health pool would be the big factor in this case.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby heed » Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:58 am

The frenzy can be dispelled by a hunter's tranquilizing shot, that helps a lot.
heed

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics