Heroic Difficulty Ratings

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Worldie » Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:36 pm

I'm quite sure that randomly AoEing MGT heroic would require more than a T6 party.
I've tried couple of packs like that, my full T6 healers couldn't keep me up even spamming max rank heals.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
User avatar
Worldie
Global Mod
 
Posts: 13423
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:49 pm
Location: Italy

Postby Boba-Fett » Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:46 am

Worldie wrote:I'm quite sure that randomly AoEing MGT heroic would require more than a T6 party.
I've tried couple of packs like that, my full T6 healers couldn't keep me up even spamming max rank heals.


I'll agree 100% here, I don't have T6 healers. And I should -actually- try to upgrade my gear some more before I do the instance again.

But I've been through it and completed it twice now, and both times it was with well controlled (most of the time) CC. Sheep/Sap/Icetrap/Banish/Enslave

I actually was able to solo Apoko (the shaman from 3rd boss fight) down from 40% with no Lay on Hands. I'll repeat myself by saying the bosses aren't hard. It's just execution in this instance that really decides whether or not you finish it.
Boba-Fett
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:57 am

Postby Cosmoz » Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:45 am

well, you can se my sig (Im def not in t6). usualy when I AOE MgT HC, I have my priest friend with me, with badge/t5/t6 gear. charges and stuff is nasty, but he never lets me die. so, if you say its impossible unless everyone is in T6, then I did say you play only with very bad players. Epic gear is enough for AOEing MgT, for everyone except the healer maybe.
Image
Cosmoz
 
Posts: 106
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:44 am
Location: Sweden

Postby Aerfalle » Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:59 pm

Cosmoz wrote:well, you can se my sig (Im def not in t6). usualy when I AOE MgT HC, I have my priest friend with me, with badge/t5/t6 gear. charges and stuff is nasty, but he never lets me die. so, if you say its impossible unless everyone is in T6, then I did say you play only with very bad players. Epic gear is enough for AOEing MgT, for everyone except the healer maybe.

Maybe non heroic, lol. But now you say you "AoE" it and before you said you could do it with no AoE.

What you are doing is so difficult that for you to say "your healer must be very bad if you can't do it" calls this into question even more.

Now I've done it on my lock with no cc using a warrior tank in full t6... but that's really different.
Image
Image
User avatar
Aerfalle
 
Posts: 183
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:09 pm

Postby Cosmoz » Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:17 pm

[quote="AerfalleWhat] you are doing is so difficult that for you to say "your healer must be very bad if you can't do it" calls this into question even more.

Now I've done it on my lock with no cc using a warrior tank in full t6... but that's really different.[/quote]

I was replying to bobba-fett.
as he said, you need T6 geared people to be able to AOE this... and like i said, if you NEED people in T6 to do so, then those people suck. you only need good players in EPIC gear. Maybe healer and tank needs slightly better gear.

Im in some T4, some badge gear, and still have 2 blues. My usual healer is in t5/t6/badge gear mostly. so yes, he has the gear for it.
My last run was with a feral druid, pvp mage, warlock and priest.
we AOEd every pull of the isntance (except bosses ofc) without beeing close to die (well, maybe once I was...) and we only had the warlock AOE. mage said he could not do it with his pvp gear. he would go OOM to fast. I dident realy care that much cuz i knew its a cake anyway.
We did some double pulls and AOEd those too. and all 4 groups of fishes right befor the 2nd boss.

All you that say its impossible unless all are in T6, have you tried it? borrowed friends char, and played with it and dident knew the class? or did you dream it yesterday it was impossible? well, Im honored, doing something people say is impossible, with my quality of gear. :oops:

btw... warrior in T6 < paladin in T4 for AOE. I belive you if you say you cant do it with a warrior tank.
Image
Cosmoz
 
Posts: 106
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:44 am
Location: Sweden

Postby Boba-Fett » Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:35 am

Cosmoz wrote:
I was replying to bobba-fett.
as he said, you need T6 geared people to be able to AOE this... and like i said, if you NEED people in T6 to do so, then those people suck. you only need good players in EPIC gear. Maybe healer and tank needs slightly better gear.



Actually. I just said that I'm not in T6, and that I should probably have better gear than I do.

I also never said it was impossible.

The only thing I honestly wanted to point out - is that it's not your standard run-of-the-mill heroic that you can do while still wearing some blues.


Takk deg
Boba-Fett
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:57 am

Postby Rashakal » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:36 am

Yesterday i did Heroic MgT, and it was the Smoothest i've ever done it. Stupid mace didn't drop tho.

Tank: Me
Healer: Resto Druid in BT/Sunwell Gear
DPS: Shadow Priest in BT/Sunwell Gear(He has brut mace, i was drooling)
DPS: Ret Paladin
DPS: Warlock

Was such a smooth run, with a wipe here and there but nothing to bad. Kael was super easy, died right after we landed from Gravity Lapse. Only real CC needed here is a Warlock.
Image
Rashakal
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:39 am

Postby Zeels » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:41 am

Well if you can't do mgt with bt/sunwell loot, then holy craps.

Still think MgT is the hardest heroic, I don't go there without
- Mage
- Rogue
- Warlock
- Druid/Priest healer
By the Power of Grey Skull!

Lvl 80 Spanks you very much Spankadin!

Spank
User avatar
Zeels
 
Posts: 499
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:44 am
Location: SWE/GBG

Postby Loganb1104 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:43 am

Rashakal wrote:Only real CC needed here is a Warlock.


QFT
Obnauticus/Warlock/Mannoroth (main)
Oldtuna/Paladin/Nordrassil (alt)
Loganb1104
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:35 am

Postby Rashakal » Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:50 pm

Loganb1104 wrote:
Rashakal wrote:Only real CC needed here is a Warlock.


QFT


I love the QFT posts. Yes Heroic MgT is probably the hardest heroic. I personally only go with Mage, Rogue, Warlock, Healer groups if i can find them. Sometimes tho, look outside the box. Which is what i ment by my post, We went with barely any CC and it was the best run i've had. But the players i went with was very skilled as well.

And Warlocks are a must, due to Banish, and Fear. Makes the Third boss easy. But i also haven't ever done heroic MgT without a warlock.
Image
Rashakal
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:39 am

Postby dmok » Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:56 pm

I do not quite get why you all are dismissing a hunter for heroic MgT so quickly. I love running this with a hunter, since his pet makes one of the adds on Vex insanely easy and the extra CC they bring just that much more useful.

Of course, pugging a hunter for this is a little touch and go, but if you can get a hunter who knows what he's doing it's a joke. I've run this with the hunter being the only CC and we didn't have any major issues.
dmok
 
Posts: 972
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:49 am
Location: The Scryers

Postby lament » Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:18 pm

I've run heroic mgt every day this week. Yesterday we had a 35 min clear. I ran on my prot paly with a holy priest, survival hunter, arcane mage, and elemental shaman. We trapped the blood knights and sheeped the warlocks. I find the warlocks particularly annoying, personally, and find it easiest to tank mobs you can quickly get into consecrate range. I think I really underestimated the warlocks' incinerate dmg at first, and it's worked a lot better with just controlling them and taking out the mage guards first.

I second the hunter comment from dmok, I always run with the hunter/shaman but we don't always have a mage, and I have had zero incidents with the hunter and not controlling his mob. He's also great dps. Hunters have a reliable cc, just perhaps not all hunters are reliable.
lament
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:56 am

Postby Worldie » Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:56 pm

Cosmoz wrote:All you that say its impossible unless all are in T6, have you tried it? borrowed friends char, and played with it and dident knew the class? or did you dream it yesterday it was impossible? well, Im honored, doing something people say is impossible, with my quality of gear. :oops:

Never said impossible, but you require literal spam healing. Unless you have someone zerging down that warlock and that magister with the mage-guard aoestunning your healer.

If you menaged to aoetank with 0 CC (since that was my comment about) mgt heroic, great kudos to your healers. Mine (in t6) can't even with mindless biggest-rank heal spam, i'm dead at the first stun that hits the healer.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
User avatar
Worldie
Global Mod
 
Posts: 13423
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:49 pm
Location: Italy

Postby Cosmoz » Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:14 am

well my friend priest is good geared, and has more skill then anyone I ever played with. So its not only gear, its about skill too. and dotn remember your own abilitys, and your party members. rogue can keep "skull" stunner untill he is dead, and paladins have a nice loooong stun as well. loong enough to nuke down the mob. and as blood elf (me) the 2 sec (or is it 3?) aoe silence is a bless after you gathered the pull. there are also some very nice trinkets and other on-low-hp-trigger/use items(mostly trinkets) that can be used almost every pull. and if you have a mage, tell them to use frostnova. its nice to be able to take 2 steps back when you have 6 hard-hitting mobs on you, but you will still be able to aoe the mobs and keep agro. as a paladin tank, aoeing, I always move around if I tank hard hitting mobs (not moving very far, but I force the mobs to just move a bit) I experiance this making their hits slower and I take a LOT less damage.

something that can be said as well, is i always buff up, even in heroics. I prefer fast and clean runs, even tho it will cost me some gold.
stamina food, guard/battle elixirs(or flask), wizard oil, everything I can lay my hands on. for me, time is more worth then gold.
Image
Cosmoz
 
Posts: 106
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:44 am
Location: Sweden

Postby Janduin » Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:57 am

Worldie wrote:If you menaged to aoetank with 0 CC (since that was my comment about) mgt heroic, great kudos to your healers. Mine (in t6) can't even with mindless biggest-rank heal spam, i'm dead at the first stun that hits the healer.


You can aoetank everything in H MGT heroic with zero CC except for the 3rd boss arena fight (I've never been able to do this without at least one mage or a warlock). I would say end of T5 progression gear is the minimum required, not full T6, though it does require that:

1) Your healer is very good
2) You have a lot of health to absorb the shitton of magic damage in that place
3) Your DPS be very good

The way we do it was just nuke the mage guard first and he/she never gets a stun off (I usually open up after AS with HoJ to make sure of it). After that it just AOE the rest down, spam self-cleanse to get rid of that stupid Immolate, and have single-target dps kill the healers first. Arcane Torrent popped when the mage guard is at 25% or so is great for preventing heals.

I find AD kicks in all the time in H MgT, even with the best healers. If you dropped it that could be part of your difficulty.
Image
Janduin
 
Posts: 746
Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:57 am
Location: Geneva

PreviousNext

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest