Remove Advertisements

How to tank Temporus effectively?

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Torakka » Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:59 am

You should also note that (afaik) Temporus can't debuff you if you block his attack, so high overall avoidance helps a lot.
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... /ezarioth/ -retired, maybe this time for real...
Torakka

Postby DracAlexstrasza » Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:41 am

Torakka wrote:You should also note that (afaik) Temporus can't debuff you if you block his attack, so high overall avoidance helps a lot.

yup yup Last time I did Black Morass I got one debuff... kinda sad that a hit go through. hehe
Drac - Paladin - 70 - Alexstrasza
DracAlexstrasza

Postby Eloff » Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:52 pm

I think it's a pretty consistant 3 seconds. I use taunt / bubble all the time. Mostly to clear debuffs off me, but it's nice to prevent damage for 2-3 seconds. (2 seconds if you cast taunt / bubble, 3 if you cast bubble / taunt). The first choice is much 'safter' for your melee than the second.

Either way, you have plenty of time to right click your bubble at the end of the 3 second mark. Thank god removing debuffs isn't on a 'global cooldown' like everything else...
"With your shield or on it" - Spartan Code of Conduct

Eloff

Postby Lorath » Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:03 pm

Haven't bubbled once yet on him, but it's nice to know that it's possible at least.

Anyone done him Heroic? :shock:
Lorath, Human 80 Swedish Viking Tankadin, EU Bloodhoof
www.kingsandaces.eu
Lorath

Postby Arcand » Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:58 pm

Lorath wrote:Anyone done him Heroic? :shock:

On Heroic, you die trying to clear the crocodiles. ;)
Arcand

Postby Torakka » Sun Apr 22, 2007 1:01 pm

Lorath wrote:Anyone done him Heroic? :shock:

Yeah, he hits pretty damn fast then and has magic reflect to fuck up disspelling but we downed him first try anyways. Waves 13-17 were crazy though and wiped us.
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... /ezarioth/ -retired, maybe this time for real...
Torakka

Postby Kyroro » Sun May 27, 2007 11:59 am

When I first started tanking, I had a super hard time with the 2nd boss. Didn't know anything about how tanking worked except that Defense was good and HP was good. Had some pretty good healers that just couldn't keep me healed.

3 weeks later, I had gotten some gear and my avoidance was KZ bare minimum. I went back and tanked Temporus and he barely got 3 debuffs on me, it was cake.

For a tank, it really is a litmus test for your gear.

I went last week and he didn't get 1 debuff on me at all. It was amusing :)
Kyroro

Previous

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics