Was given a challenge

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Was given a challenge

Postby lusisia » Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:16 am

Okay so the guildies who I've been pugging Kara with have asked me to AoE tank Heroic SH with them.

Now I'm always up for a challenge and I've done some research. They said it would be okay to skip the 5 packs on the sides if we wanted.

My question is there anyone who does it and what little things might I be missing?

I know the sharpshooters don't scattershot which will be nice but is there anything else I'm missing? I'm almost positive that the armory is wrong right now so lemme put some basic stats in my raid gear (which is what I'll probably wear at first):

14653 armor
489 def
22.07% dodge
15.69% parry
19.31% block
31 resilience
13.2k health

All unbuffed.

I can swap in some additional trinks for more block at the cost of stam (i.e. darkmoon swapped with Figurine)
"then somehow people manage not to see the forty fucking foot tall of fucking fiery flames of fucking doom ... and we wipe." - Isolfr
"It turns out that a large number of people are whiny motherfuckers ..." - PsiVen
lusisia
Maintankadonor

Postby Dorvan » Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:51 am

You left off one of the most important stats for doing this: block value. What's yours at?

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby lusisia » Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:52 am

Dorvan wrote:You left off one of the most important stats for doing this: block value. What's yours at?

288 but I can get it a bit higher with some swapping.
"then somehow people manage not to see the forty fucking foot tall of fucking fiery flames of fucking doom ... and we wipe." - Isolfr
"It turns out that a large number of people are whiny motherfuckers ..." - PsiVen
lusisia
Maintankadonor

Postby Dorvan » Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:59 am

Yeah, you'll definitely want that higher....hopefully around 400 or so (I run at a little over 600, but that's hardly necessary). The auto-blocker is great here. All your other stats seem in order.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby lusisia » Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:03 pm

lusisia wrote:
Dorvan wrote:You left off one of the most important stats for doing this: block value. What's yours at?

288 but I can get it a bit higher with some swapping.

Let me clarify that this is in my raid boss stamina gear. I can go much higher on other areas since I don't have to worry about the uncrushable part. Just wanted to start from there.
lusisia
Maintankadonor

Postby lusisia » Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:04 pm

Dorvan wrote:Yeah, you'll definitely want that higher....hopefully around 400 or so (I run at a little over 600, but that's hardly necessary). The auto-blocker is great here. All your other stats seem in order.

Okay cool. That was the kind of info I was looking for. Thanks much.
lusisia
Maintankadonor

Postby Exodius » Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:52 pm

The shooting mobs in the hallway between the two big rooms before the first boss (if that makes sense)...

They have vipers sting. It wipes mana, which causes wipes.

Be ready to cleanse it, on yourself and others if your healer can't do so (e.g. a priest).

The archer boss in the fire hallway thing (between the warlock and the ogre) has a huge volume of health, being an actual boss and all. You might want to AoE tank most of the hallway (within reason) but actually stop, pause and mana up before taking on the boss, his adds, and whatever else is running around.

You do get brief breaks between adds coming through the hallway. It might take a few times, but make sure your group is pretty close to full before you engage him. :wink:

The ogre boss does hit cloth wearers hard. They have to know to try and completely stop aggro when he does his swap. If he hits them say... 3 times, they are likely dead. It really helps to save AW for the transition and to start out light and easy at the start. :)

The final boss' whirlwind thingy hurts clothies quite a bit too. If you have a bunch of low armor cloth wearers with poor stamina, then it's going to be hard for them to live through the whirlwinds. BoPing and priest preshielding can help, but just be aware of that.

All of this stuff you should probably be aware of if you have been there before, but if you haven't been there, this stuff should help. :D
Exodius

Postby Minn » Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:52 pm

Get to know your dps. I run AE SH with a mage, and on big pulls if the healer needs a breather, mage novas, I consecrate and back out a bit. I usually end up in melee range of one of them, with the rest parked in consecrate, in front of me and just outside of melee range. Warlock with Shadowfury or a mage with Dragon's Breath can do a similar thing. Hurricane is nice both for the damage and the slow. Anyway, I'd suggest starting off small, and telling your dps to try to pull aggro off you with their AE routine. From there, add mobs and have your casters scale back their damage if necessary.
Minn

Postby kywirelessguy » Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:36 am

The first time I tried heroic SH everybody was like..."is this normal or heroic?" I've ran it before on my hunter with a warrior tank and it seemed so hard :P
kywirelessguy

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics