Remove Advertisements

Your ideal Heroic 5 man team composition

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Minn » Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:00 am

one healer who can keep me up
3 dps, higher the better, ae preferred :)
Minn

Postby Penicillan » Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:59 am

my group that i will be running with on the way to lvling will be...

Tankadin (no explanation needed) (me)
S. Priest ( VE, VP)
Affl. Lock (Dots, synergy w/ priest, SS)
Resto Druid (Hots, battle rez if needed, GotW)
Enh. Shammy (Totems, Ankh in case of emergency)

I like this setup, 3 rezzers not including Battle rez, 3 wipe recovery options, 3 healers just in case, and some very nice damage. Only thing that isnt the best is our ability to CC, but we do have a demon/UD fear, shackle, MC, Seduce, cyclone if we need it so im not too worried about that. Besides, ill just tank everything, who needs CC?
Penicillan

Postby Florismart » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:15 pm

My ideal setup is already setup with the people I run heroics with.

Me as the tank, two well played affliction warlock, one shadow priest for mana battery and one holy priest that absolutely is top notch in heroics/10 man raids.

We routinely bust through many heroics and hardly require any crowd control. Often when one affliction is away, or the shadow priest is out, we swap out one of them for a another smart player, a rogue. Often times the burst of the rogue pairs up with the gradual build up of the damage caused by the warlocks.

With this group setup, I defeated Shattered Halls, Steamvaults, Arcatraz, Botanica, Slave Pens, Ramparts and Mechanar on a consistent basis without crowd control.

The problems I have are the ridiculously hard instances of Auchidoun. Very hard for me to attempt without applying CC.
Florismart

Postby Igrado » Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:58 am

<-- +4 warlocks.

(ok, not really, i just haven't had work all day today so I'm sitting at my desk getting in some hard-core trolling)
Igrado
Maintankadonor

Postby Amirya » Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:45 am

So far, I think the group I liked best was the one I had last night:

Tankadin
Enhancement Shaman
Holy Priest
Fire Mage
BM Hunter

The shaman replaced a MM hunter, and we blew through the rest of the instance. About the only change I'd make to the set up would be to replace the hunter with a SPriest...

And maybe have the healer drop a heal on me - especially when I'm OOM - before I die after the boss fight because a DoT is ticking away...that was comedy, though. Nothing like having the party go into panic mode 'cause a member was rezzed, then the tank dropped dead for no apparent reason...
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Gray » Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:30 pm

I'm lucky enough to run with me dream group every heroic i do. It might not be "ideal", but we're a group that can do heroic SH in 49min and most other in under an hour.

Me- tankadin
Healer Dranei Priest
Warlock
Elemental Shammy
Boomkin
Gray

Postby heed » Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:55 pm

Tankadin - AoE everything
Lock - SoC
Lock - SoC
Mage - Set off the SoC
Restoshammy - Wrath of air and mana totem
heed

Postby Sparti » Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:00 pm

Me (Tankadin)
Moonkin (Fiance /w Delicious Hurricane)
Mage - AoE
Lock - SoC + Imp
Priest or Shaman healing - Priest for better group healing, Shaman for totes.

If you guys haven't grinded/instanced with a moonkin before, give it a shot. Hurricane does great damage + reduces incoming damage and they do a LOT of single target dps to boot.

Drink Time, Wimps! -- A blog.
Sparti

Location: Probably contributing to Sprint's wonderful track record of horrible customer service.

Postby Chevalier » Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:24 pm

Shadow Priest
Mage
Warlock
Healer
Chevalier

Postby Faele » Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:33 pm

Me - Tankin
Shadowpriest - uber dps 1200 shadow damage and mana regen
Warlock - SS, SoC
Mage - Fire or Arcane for max dps
Holy Pally or Priest, Resto shammy - only healers that can heal through the amount of damage aoe'ing a heroic down...imo.

I have never had a problem with this setup. You can run every heroic no problem whatsoever. Also, with that much shadow damage you can pull a few aoe mobs before the holy pally runs out of mana.
Faele

Postby Memnoch » Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:31 am

Prefered heroic group...

1.Me
2.Resto Shaman
3.Ele shaman
4.Shadowpriest
5.Rogue

I had this same group makeup in heroic SV the other day and thought, wow.... no downtime... terrific!

also, have had it so instead of spriest was a enh shaman, and that group makeup went well also... 3 shaman? totem-tastic!
My tattoo is awesome.
Memnoch

Postby Kelemvor » Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:12 am

I prefer max buffs and optimum cc, so cc doesn't get in my frizbees way.

1. Me (Tankerdan)
2. Holy Priest as healer
3. Lock
4. Mage
5. Preferrably another mage, or feral/balance drood. CC that can cc after i launch my frizbee.
Kelemvor

Postby gworroll » Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:21 am

Me tanking.
Resto shaman
Shadow priest
Mage

Mages just amazing. They can CC most things, and kite nearly anything else, while bringing solid DPS.

Resto shamans and Shadow Priests just synergize really well with us. Wrath of Air + Mana Tide totem and Vampiric Embrace sends our threat output and mana longevity through the roof. Shadow priests can also drop shadowform and pick up on healing if the shaman goes down or gets overwhelemed. Granted they won't do terribly well at that in their DPS gear, but I've seen many groups saved, even in heroics, by a Shadow Priest being on top of his game and shifting out to heal in an emergency.

The last spot is ideally taken by someone with skills specific to that instance. If the instance doesn't really suggest something, I like a tanking capable hybrid- feral druids and DPS warriors are really good at this(I haven't seen enough ret pallies in action to say, but on paper they look good for this). As with shadow priests healing they won't tank nearly as well as a speced tank in tank gear, but when things start going bad they are often jsut enough to pull it back together. I have a habit of looking at what can go wrong as much as I look at how to make things go right.

My ideal group probably wouldn't get through a heroic as quickly as some, but if a mistake happens(and they will, at least occasionally), it should be able to recover better than most groups.

I'll also say that more than class makeup, you want people who know what they are doing. Some of the worst class lineups can do surprisingly well if people are good and able to get creative to work around limitations.
gworroll

Postby Exodius » Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:50 am

I tend to not like holy paladins. Their lack of HoTs, AoE healing and tendency to spam FoL tends to make them a poor choice in a heroic situation. That being said, I do know some good holy paladins, and most of them will get their act together if you tell them not to FoL spam nicely, but still, the class itself has limitations for heavy AoE/multiple healing requirements like Slave Pens and Mech.

I tend to end up with holy priests, to be honest, and most of them are excellent at what they do. :D

As for DPS - 3 people who know their classes, the fights and their roles in it, especially non tank and spank fights or ones where they will get hurt or draw aggro easily.

It's just a pain having to tell people to move in fights like Crypts 1 or Steam Vaults 1 or final Ramparts, only to have them constantly die from stupidity. :(

Or aggro dumpers like SLabs 2 or SH ogre boss - stop dpsing and let me get aggro! Gah! :x

So yeah, 1 person to keep me up and 3 other people who know what they are doing. That's my ideal group. :P
Exodius

Postby Snake-Aes » Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:25 am

Did heroic SL with a 4-shaman group, was fun
elemental, elemental, enhancement and resto, me tanking =D
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics