Remove Advertisements

Anyone bring a shadowpriest/holypirest combo for heroics?

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Anyone bring a shadowpriest/holypirest combo for heroics?

Postby Peze » Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:31 am

Just now getting to the point where I feel comfortable with a little AE tanking in Heroics. Plan on upgrading to a PVP shield, (still haven’t decided which one) and should have the badge cloak today. If your looking for a little extra kick to get you going, I recommend bringing a shadow priest with you on your next Heroic run. We did this last night in Heroic mech and man was I amazed at the extra healing and dps those guys bring. My holy priest healbot friend had a much easier time keeping me up on charged fists, and 4 packs. (before we had to utilize CC). Currently using standard blue uncrushable gear with a couple epics like the crest of the shatar and bracers of the green fortress. Anyone else experience or try this out?
Peze

Postby Dorvan » Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:42 am

Shadow priests are h4x with Tankadins. My fastest heroic SL ever was myself, 3 shadow priests, and an enhancement shammy who was supposedly our healer but often complained he had nothing to do :P Instance was clear in under an hour.
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Tiandelin » Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:00 am

I love grouping with shadow priests. Just having one along means that I rarely need to drink, and I can just chain pull my way through most heroics. They do generate a huge amount of global threat, but consecrate is pretty good at keeping mobs off them.

One of my favorite runs so far was a group with me, two shadow priests, an elemental shaman, and a healer. Can't remember what the healer was, but he was either a resto shaman or holy priest. Anyhow, we obliterated heroic UB in around half an hour with that group. Did a 38-minute run recently with a shadow priest too. They're just amazing.
Tiandelin - Co-MT of Monolith, Area 52 US
Tiandelin

Postby Caelia » Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:01 am

generally if i have a shadowpriest i try to get a shammy or at least not another priest, that way i get all the buffs. Shammy/spriest is a nice combo. Totems and priest buffs and mana back from VT and life from VE.
In Progress: Fury Warrior: Tailwhip
All Retired: Holy Priest:Appletons | DK Blood Tank: Dreadborne | Prot Paladin: Welsh
Caelia

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics