Remove Advertisements

Pwned by Heroic Blood Furnace.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Pwned by Heroic Blood Furnace.

Postby PizzaOfHut » Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:29 am

So I've been trying to run Heroic BF a few times over the past 2 days. I get hit for 3-4k a whack (normal hit), and the healer always comments on how I take a lot of damage. The manner in which I have spectacularly failed to tank BM over and over again makes me wonder if my gear is ready for Heroics. There's a link to my armory profile in my sig. If any experienced Pallytanks could rate my gear and stats, and determine wheter or not I'm ready for Heroic tanking, it would be much appreciated.
PizzaOfHut

Postby Wulfhere » Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:20 am

I would say you are OK for the easier Heroics if you have a good healer, but BF and BM may be pushing it until you have more block rating and block value. You could try Mechanar (but even those 2 mini-bosses can be tough, make sure you have a priest, shaman, or mage dispell their shadowpower buff).

There's a nice quest reward belt upgrade from a multi-step quest.
http://www.wowhead.com/?item=31460

If you are lucky, you might pick up a new shield and/or shoulders from Botanica while doing that quest

Sta enchant for boots and bracers and +150 health to chest would give you a good amount of extra health and are not too expensive.
Wulfhere

Postby Suikano » Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:22 am

Yeesh well, people have told me I'm ready for heroics and my gear is very very similar to yours, so I don't know what to tell you, more CC?

I assume by BM you mean regular BM, heroic BM is a bear and most people say take a shadow priest or else, and it's a tough run for almost every group. Basically if you can't run normal BM with that gear, I'd take a serious look at your spell rotation and positioning, paying particular attention to making sure HS is up all the time.

You're also wearing a few high stam pieces that have no defensive stats on them, I'd look to replace those, the belt for instance I'd go for a sha'tari vindicator's. And I'd be looking to replace those shoulders as well with something like righteous.
Suikano

Oops

Postby PizzaOfHut » Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:10 pm

Made a typo earlier. I meant to say BF and NOT BM. I can tank normal BM quite well with a competent healer by standing on top of the rifts and consecrating as they open. Normal BM is within my current ability and gear. I simply have the asstastical typing skills of an epileptic, dyslexic monkey with ADHD who's being given caffeine intravenously, is all.

Also, aside from Mech, what would the easier Heroics be? And thanks for the feedback about my gear. I'll get to replacing my crappier pieces as quickly as I can.
PizzaOfHut

Postby Worldie » Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:19 pm

Underbog heroic is very easy. The only hard thing here are the bogs at the end which melee fairly hard (up to 4-5k after couple of growths), for the rest is 4 easy badges.

Slave Pens was easy but quite annoying due to the Fears but this is fixed in 2.3 and it's even easier than before now.

Steamvault is also quite easy now thank to the Fear nerf, but i'd suggest bringing a warlock for the first boss and possibly a Mage/Hunter to sheep/trap the Oracles (AoE silence ftl)

Hellfire Ramparts is also quite easy, but the Ravagers might be quite punishing (stunlock them if you can afford that), and the last boss hits very hard due to the Breath+melee combo.

Old Hillsbrad is quite easy also if you can afford a rogue to solo place the bombs. And the second boss is a prot pally :D (gief his 670 ticking consecration rofl)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics