Heroics over KZ?

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Heroics over KZ?

Postby utena » Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:36 pm

With the new 2.3 badge loot, is it faster just to do Heroics and skip KZ? Is there KZ loot that's better than badge rewards?

How long does a Heroic SP or Mech run take?

I'm asking, because sadly, I've OT and OH'd KZ, but I've never stepped foot in a Heroic... ><
utena

Postby fuzzygeek » Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:02 pm

Depends on the group. A good heroic group can make about 1 badge every 15-20 minutes, on average. Karazhan is 12 badges? 14 badges? How long does a Kara clear take your group? Is it an either/or situation? Why not do both? I'll usually pound out a quick h.mech after raid or just before bed, just to get the free five badges.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Winchester » Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:08 pm

I'd do both, badges take a long time to get if you're not doing multiple heroics a day. The new badge cost varies from about 35-75 per item, the librams being 15-20.
Seal of Posting
220 Mana
Instant Cast
Fills the paladin with the urge to troll, granting each post a chance of luls.
Only one seal can be active on the paladin at any one time.

Unleashing this seal will bump your thread.
Winchester
Maintankadonor

Postby Dorvan » Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:37 pm

I'd say that in you don't need loot from Kara, running heroics will definitely net you more badges/hour. The actually drops from heroics aren't that hot though, so if you still need Kara loot then keeping running Kara.
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby adese » Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:25 am

This past week I've been doing a lot of Mech/Bot combo runs for 10 badges. Mech generally took us around an hour, and bot anywhere from 1.5 - 2h. I'm sure they could be run faster, we weren't rushing but we didn't dawdle either.

And just tonight after the raid I did a heroic SP in a little over an hour as well (only 3 badges, though).
adese

Postby ulushnar » Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:45 am

Heroic Shattered Halls. Depending on your group's gear you can be anywhere from 45 mins to an hour and a half clearing it, but if you clear from after the first boss to Kargath within 55 mins, you get five badges.
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby Tekkel » Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:49 am

Aye heroic SH is the best badge/hour rate atm. I'm running a complete clear in 45 mins with the average guildgroup. If I take a few new guys say max an hour. I'm really getting the hang of it and on the pulls of 5-6 mobs I never drop below 50% with a decent healer. I'm trying to set a new record to go towards 40 minutes but I'll have to take 2 very decent locks and a mage for that to aoe the place down :)
Tekkel

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics