Remove Advertisements

Curse of Weakness in Heroics?

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Curse of Weakness in Heroics?

Postby thangos » Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:19 am

So does anyone have any experiance with Curse of weakness in heroics or raids? I have a lock and i use it in heroics but no one has ever commented on if there is a noticable differance. On my tankadin i am learning to start the group myself and i like to get 2 mages 1 lock and a healer.... (ido love shadow priests for the weird thangamajiggy they do that gives you health like every second but i like my setup for the 2 sheep and lock rather than 2 mages and a shadow priest as the dps)
thangos

Postby Xanatos » Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:00 am

CoW, to be brutally honest, is usually not worth it even in 5 mans. In heroics and raids, where mobs hit for 3k-4k+, the 350 AP reduction is even less noticeable.

The lock should be more focuses on putting up his CoA/CoE/CoS depending on the situation (CoE since you run with 2 mages).

Lastly, 2 mages + 1 lock + pally tank = win in any and all aoe instances.
Xanatos

re

Postby thangos » Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:22 am

well i would normally say CoE too but one of the mages was 42/0/19 i think... i know was 42 in arcane spec. so CoS/CoE was a toos up depending on what spam/spec the lock was. I like spamming the incinerate due to the fact that it makes me watch my dot and replenish it so that i get the bonus damage from immolate being up.
thangos

Postby Worldie » Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:52 am

My warlocks are all selfish and put CoA or CoS :(
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Quean » Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:25 am

Worldie wrote:My warlocks are all selfish and put CoA or CoS :(

Same here :\ buncha jerks, i tell ya
Quean

Postby Saritenite » Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:45 am

Quean wrote:

Same here :\ buncha jerks, i tell ya

Hey quit flaming locks :evil: we just want to see big crits and big ticks :P
and we banish and seduce too. Get off our backs :D
Saritenite

Postby Base » Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:34 am

Xanatos wrote:CoW, to be brutally honest, is usually not worth it even in 5 mans. In heroics and raids, where mobs hit for 3k-4k+, the 350 AP reduction is even less noticeable.

The lock should be more focuses on putting up his CoA/CoE/CoS depending on the situation (CoE since you run with 2 mages).

Actually in raids CoW can make quite a big difference, especially if there's no Demo shout on a boss.

Bosses damage actually work on an attack power multiplier (rather than normal stats) which means that a -attk power debuff has a much bigger effect. Guys on EJ have worked it to be a reduction of somewhere between 10-15% damage reduction (dependant on whether it's improved).

However, it doesn't stack with demo shout - so whichever one is improved will overwrite the other, plus it means losing out on CoS/CoE. But if you can't find warriors and have plenty of locks it can be a big help in raids if tanks are dying.
Base

Postby Quean » Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:33 am

Elthar wrote:
Xanatos wrote:CoW, to be brutally honest, is usually not worth it even in 5 mans. In heroics and raids, where mobs hit for 3k-4k+, the 350 AP reduction is even less noticeable.

Actually in raids CoW can make quite a big difference, especially if there's no Demo shout on a boss.

Bosses damage actually work on an attack power multiplier (rather than normal stats) which means that a -attk power debuff has a much bigger effect. Guys on EJ have worked it to be a reduction of somewhere between 10-15% damage reduction (dependant on whether it's improved).

However, it doesn't stack with demo shout - so whichever one is improved will overwrite the other, plus it means losing out on CoS/CoE. But if you can't find warriors and have plenty of locks it can be a big help in raids if tanks are dying.

Good to know, I'll have to keep that in mind :)
Quean

Postby Snake-Aes » Thu Nov 22, 2007 4:50 am

Poor you =(

When with a warrior or druid tanking, I tend to use Weakness on any mob that is being tanked and not attacked, it does help a bit. Main target is always the appropriate curse to make it die faster =D
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Korath » Thu Nov 22, 2007 5:11 am

I never use CoW but the information about AP multipler is good to know and keep in mind next time I run a 5man with my lock.

As for locks being selfish... I put the curse which will benefit the most... 1 Mage CoS for me, 2 Mages CoE, 1 SPriest 1 Mage CoS etc.

.::. Karak 70 Resto Shaman .::.
.::. Sajuuk 70 Destro Warlock .::.
.::. Bentusi 60 Ret Paladin .::.
Korath

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics