Wow had a great Heroic mech run today! after action question

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Wow had a great Heroic mech run today! after action question

Postby thangos » Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:32 am

Group set up Tankadin (me of course) 2 Mages 1 warlock and one Healer Priest.

Was awesome run only wiped once on the last guy. mages sheeped everything and the lock enslaved a grenade tosser on the deamon pulls and banished one after he enslaved (good lock skills imo). When we got to the waves before the last guy (i forget his name) we agreed ahead of time that the order would be one mage sheep left one sheep right and the lock fear one. I would take what was left and tank it after i pulled away from sheep so i could build threat with consecrate.

I guess my question would be this, what is a good way to kill the fire mage boss as we didnt kill her? We tried 2 times and wiped hard on her (saved her for last since i had read on these boards she is a pain in the arse).

Anyway heh i did a great job since after the run the preist was like man you did great considering at the start of the run i was worried about your gear. HeHe i really dont know what other trinkets to go for since the times i have tried to run regular SH and SV no trinkets ever drop and i would rather go for the libram and 2.3 stuff with badges than worry about re running friggin slabs sv and sh over and over trying to get clossus and adamantine figuring to drop. <drool>

thanks for any advice/experiances with this. oh, you can check out my armory and tell me anything you think might be easier to get to get me uncrushable i am sitting at 86% of 102.4% but i do have 497 defense so i can pull it off as show by my first successfull mech run WOOOT

Thangos- Blackhand
thangos

Postby BebeBear » Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:02 am

Gratz to you! You just boosted my confidence level on starting Heroics. :P
(Yes i'm still loathing around in 5mans :cry: )
Llane - Kishibear - 70 Tankadin
BebeBear

re

Postby thangos » Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:00 am

One thing i have noticed running heroics, as i have a 70 lock with more heroic experiance, is that THE MOST IMPORTANT thing is the healer. If your healer is not up to snuff your screwed. With 2-3 mages and you as the tank ANY heroic should be a cake walk if your over 490 defense and over 10k hitpoints. Occasionally i get low and pop a potion but as long as the healer is doing his/her job things seem quite peachy. I personally like 2 mages and a lock setup for blood pact from imp + healthstone, and the multiple sheep. To me it just seems to go smoother with mages poping sheep because they dont have to get the mob to run over a trap. Seriously though check out my armory because i have THE WORST trinkets evar!!!
thangos

Re: Wow had a great Heroic mech run today! after action ques

Postby adese » Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:33 am

thangos wrote:I guess my question would be this, what is a good way to kill the fire mage boss as we didnt kill her? We tried 2 times and wiped hard on her (saved her for last since i had read on these boards she is a pain in the arse).

If I'm on a heroic mech with only 1 healer class, I generally try to skip this boss. She is evil, and since she drops the normal 70 loot she is barely worth it for a badge. Of course since the new 2.3 badge rewards have been released, I try to kill her anyway (1 less badge to get elsewhere), but that's besides the point.

Anyway, this boss isn't too bad if you have 1 main healer and 1 off healer (can be anyone who has healing spells, ret pally, feral druid, etc.). Given how spread out the group is going to be, and the amount of damage they can take, it really helps to have a second healer.

Also, if your only healer is a paladin, they are rather gimped on this fight. Since everyone has to move around, and pallies have no instant cast heal, that really makes it hard for them to stay alive and keep the rest of the group alive as well.
adese

Postby Zhelari » Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:54 am

The only times I have killed her on heroic involved 2 tanking her. My guilds MT needs badges and nethers so we typically run heroics and just take turns tanking.

When she dragonbreaths someone, you have a tank to grab her. I also let the MT tank and when she was kiting around the room, I would run to the other end and RD the boss to me. Ping ponging her between tanks has been very sucessful for me.
Zhelari - 70 BE Tankadin - Skullcrusher (US)
Zhelari

Postby ulushnar » Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:10 am

I take a look at the group I'm with before deciding wether or not to do her. If we have a lot of ranged DPS who are able to keep shooting on the run, then she's cake. With a Warlock and two mages, it should have been doable. The most annoying part of the fight for me is getting her back after her Dragon's Breath stun. If RD's resisted, then I have to run over to her to get her back, which can be a pain if the ranged are spread out.

This fight is hell with melee DPS though.
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby Magnusharkov » Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:04 am

Shes really not that hard imo. Always possible to wipe on her with bad luck but she's almost always down by the second attempt.

I tend to have two strats, one for ranged heavy and one for melee heavy.

For ranged I get everyone to start in a corner of the room with me tanking in the middle (by the wall opposite to where she starts). I pull without popping AS and start stacking SoV. The elementals will start heading towards some of the people in the corners of the room so usually at least 1 or 2 people will have to start dodging but I can by and large ignore elementals to start with. The first time she does her dragons breath I bubble out of it, I find that saving your bubble for this is more important than popping AS at the start. Generally I stay in the middle of the room just moving north and south while ranged guys dodge around me as best as possible. The idea being that no matter where they have to reposition they should always be in range for heals/dps

For a melee heavy group (I did this with rogue, dps warr and enh shammy) I tend to get everyone kiting around together. Start off with everyone moving with you counter clockwise and then after a few seconds just move as best you can. You need a bit of luck for this but its definitely doable.
Magnusharkov

Postby fuzzygeek » Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:20 am

Zhelari wrote:When she dragonbreaths someone, you have a tank to grab her. I also let the MT tank and when she was kiting around the room, I would run to the other end and RD the boss to me. Ping ponging her between tanks has been very sucessful for me.

I drag her backwards constantly and usually manage to OOR the DB. If I do get hit by it, I bubble out and grab her again. Ranged taunt and continual aggro generation to negate the knockback make this fight easier on my tankadin than warrior.

The adds have been nerfed several times; it's not as easy as it was when you could cheese the elementals (or her), but it's still very doable if your group has decent DPS.

I do mech pretty much every day (5 easy badges woo); as long as the healer is decent I aoe tank everything, which keeps runs down to around 30 minutes. If we don't have a lock handy I consecrate on the 4 bombling dudes and run around in a circle so I barely take any damage and all the ranged DPS takes no damage and melee takes no damage since they're bombing where I was just standing 3 seconds ago.

On the other pack by the stairs I drop a cons at the base of the stairs and let the bomblings congregate there, then kite the big dude up and down the stairs, keeping aggro on me via consecrate. No one gets hit.

Who needs warlocks? ^___^

With regards to the Bitchwoman, it's easiest if you get all the elementals on one side of the room, and her on the other. They move slowly enough that you've got a long time to pound on her head while the elementals work their way back to the group, at which point you just switch sides.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:09 pm

It's just a bad idea to try her if you have a paladin or shaman healer and no backup healing. HoTs make difference when your healer is running from elementals.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Lakirby » Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:39 am

I've actually not had too much of a problem healing at her with any tank and 3 strong ranged classes... if I'm boxed in it's just a case of bubble and run. Having good awareness and movement helps.
<Shadows of Eternity> - Kilrogg EU - 5/5 MH 9/9 BT
Retiring 11/07/08 - Tanking to the bitter end.
Lakirby

Postby Claydon » Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:43 am

Ive done this a few times as a holy pala

We normally just stick a raid target on the tank and the tank just moves around the room sticking to the wall if people get agro from the elementals they just do what they can to keep up with the group and keep away from the elementals.

we never have any bother with it.
Claydon

Postby Magnusharkov » Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:45 am

Worldie wrote:It's just a bad idea to try her if you have a paladin or shaman healer and no backup healing. HoTs make difference when your healer is running from elementals.

I disagree, it may be harder but chances are its still very doable
Magnusharkov

Postby Worldie » Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:51 am

Magnusharkov wrote:
Worldie wrote:It's just a bad idea to try her if you have a paladin or shaman healer and no backup healing. HoTs make difference when your healer is running from elementals.

I disagree, it may be harder but chances are its still very doable

Never said impossible, just harder :wink:
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Bige » Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:15 am

There are two strats I use, one with hunter, one without. Either way, we always do her last.

Without hunter, I pull with AS and just start kiting around the outside of the room with healer in the middle to be in range (hopefully) of everyone. DPS just moves as needed to be in range and avoid elementals.

With a hunter (and this was suggested by a hunter in my guild), I start in the corner by the elevator with my healer. Pally healer is actually advantageous with this strat. Hunter and other DPS start as close to her as possible. Hunter MD's her to me. Elems seem to have a pretty small aggro distance (may just be luck, be we've run this enough times for it to seem like a pattern). Usually, the elems go after the DPS group while lady comes to me. DPS then hightails it down the tunnel towards last boss. As long as the elems reach the tunnel before an aggro change, you're golden. They'll just switch off between the DPS. When the DPS get far enough away, they can run back. With the elems being so slow now, they're usually never back in time to cause any problems. With elems out of the way, you're free to just plant and fight. Healer can back off to max range to give you some extra time to pick her up after DB. In most case, I have her down to around 50% by the time the DPS start coming back. I haven't tried this without a hunter, but I guess you could have any ranged pull her and you taunt the lady off, hoping no elems have aggro'd to them.
Bige

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics