Remove Advertisements

Arcatraz trashmob threat issue

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Arcatraz trashmob threat issue

Postby Boudi » Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:32 am

Hi there,

lsat night i ran Arc with my guild and i have to admit i had threat/aggro issues on the following 3 mobs:
- Arcatraz Sentinels
- Negaton Screamer
- Negaton Warp-Master

On the sentinels i was able to generate 200-300 TPS(according to Omen and KTM) when the mob was under ~25%. This is when i went all out using wings, max rank HS + concecration, SoR and JoR. Prior to the 25% mark i was sitting at the normal 10k threat lead doing 500ish + TPS. However when the sentinel got under ~25% i lost around 50%-75% of total threat gained and my TPS was reduced even with above tactics.

On the Screamers i was able to ditch out normal threat of between 450-700 TPS as Exorcism was a big help. Yet the DPS folks could grab aggro after the mob got down to 75%, 50% and 25% because i lost ALL of my threat i generated at those marks.

On the Warp-Masters i had the problem not being able to generate more than 300 TPS. Which is odd when you pop wings, AW + Excorcism, Judge Crusader and go all out with max ranks HS + Concecration and whatever pewpew lazor spells we have left.

I remember not having such issues when casters as DPS dudes. But when using rogues/DPS warriors this seems to be normal behaviour of the mobs.

Is the normal/expected behaviour of these mobs or have i been bugged?

FYI: Righeous Fury was up. Even recast it sometimes prior to engaging fights(cast RF, kill 1 mob, cast RF, kill 1 mob sequence)

help pl0x!

:roll: :oops:
Tanked: KZ(nightbane left), Nalorakk
Boudi

Postby Boudi » Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:36 am

I just read that Screamers have this spell: Magic Protection: Holy/Fire/Frost/Shadow (reduces all danage done to the caster from that specific school by 75%) .

I remember this being a bit troublesome...but how does this mechanic work? is it turned on after i cast a spell such as JoRighteousness? and it changes school after a spell from a different school lands?
Boudi

Postby Mouse » Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:59 am

are the screamers the VRs who are resistant to whatever school hits them first?

on those guys, never attack first, the holy bolt is much nmore irritating than other attacks, I always have a mage or lock hit the mob with a rank 1 nuke, then i pull the mob off them, he usually switches to holy dmg later if we dont burn him down well enough, but its better initial threat at least.
Qapla <Attrition> Cho'Gall
80 Tank DK

EnsgnBlack <Attrition> Cho'Gall
80 BE Prot Pally
Mouse

Postby Boudi » Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:53 am

Mouse wrote:are the screamers the VRs who are resistant to whatever school hits them first?

on those guys, never attack first, the holy bolt is much nmore irritating than other attacks, I always have a mage or lock hit the mob with a rank 1 nuke, then i pull the mob off them, he usually switches to holy dmg later if we dont burn him down well enough, but its better initial threat at least.
perhaps this caused the issues because i was the only person to deal dmg by using spells (besides the healer, but she was healing :)) as we had a hunter/rogue/dps warrior for DPS.
Boudi

Postby Korath » Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:11 am

Boudi wrote:
Mouse wrote:are the screamers the VRs who are resistant to whatever school hits them first?

perhaps this caused the issues because i was the only person to deal dmg by using spells (besides the healer, but she was healing :)) as we had a hunter/rogue/dps warrior for DPS.

yep its the 1st school that hits it. I think hunter can use Serpent Sting and that counts (it will gain 75% nature resist) if not I would of got the healer to use a rank 1 dmg spell (shadow is priest, earthshock if shammy, moonfire if druid etc) as not to cripple anyone else (esp your threat!)

.::. Karak 70 Resto Shaman .::.
.::. Sajuuk 70 Destro Warlock .::.
.::. Bentusi 60 Ret Paladin .::.
Korath

Postby Worldie » Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:40 am

The Screamers are quite a problem since they get 75% resistance to the first school that hits them. I pull them with Mana tap which is arcane, if you are ally just have a mage hunter or lock pull them and then Exorcism.

The Sentinels don't really have a threat list and ignore taunts (they aren't immune, but they don't get the taunt debuff)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Sakin » Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:18 am

a hunter can use arcane shot on those VRs
Sakin

Postby Boudi » Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:32 am

thanks for your help !

much appreciated.
Boudi

Postby Zhalseran » Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:41 am

I recall having problems with the sentinels for some reason, although the Screamers and Warp Masters were never any problem for me.
Zhalseran

Postby BebeBear » Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:17 am

I just did a run yesterday (my 2nd) at Arcatraz and the ones giving me problems were the were the sentinels and the abyssmals right before the last boss.

After the run i went to Wowwiki and realise the sentinels de-aggros every now and then so there wasnt much solutions cept kiting.

As for the VRs i didn't know of that resistance trick they had cause i didnt see them hitting someone other than me...

But i guess i'm going to be seeing them a lot more often until i reach exalted with Sha'tar and also get the Tanking ring from Skriss :/
Llane - Kishibear - 70 Tankadin
BebeBear

Postby Boudi » Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:26 am

BebeBear wrote:abyssmals right before the last boss.

Attacks and Abilities
Calls a meteor down on a targeted player for 10k fire damage divided by the number of players in the blast radius. Also has a fire shield that does about 200 damage to melee combatants so it is a good idea to stand just outside of his fire shield and only run in when he starts his meteor which takes about 2 seconds to cast. To make this more clear: the damage of the meteor is spread among party members, the more that get hit, the more the damage is spread (and lessened). Therefore, when the spell is cast it is recommended that the party is in a group to mitigate damage from about 10k to 1-2k each.

What i do on these mobs: judge blessing of light, and tell my party to hug the infernal.

<3 guaranteed :D
Boudi

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics