Remove Advertisements

Need some help navigating Strat

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Need some help navigating Strat

Postby Luromerre » Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:19 pm

Me and my mage friend hit up strat to try and find our way through(and possibly take a stab at getting the baron's deathcharger) and about halfway through, we realized we didn't know what the hell we were doing.

We made it up to the barons gates, and he found a source online saying we needed to kill the Ziggurats? We searched all of undead side looking for them before we ended up accidently aggroing a ton of shit while i was OOM and wiping and calling it a night. Maybe they are on the living side? I'm also assuming the living side is the far west portion that doesn't look so....undead in Atlas.

We're confident we can take strat on no problems, but we're lost as to how strat works. How do you open the door to the Baron? I got the Key to the City(and he'll get his next time through), and is there any other quirks about this instance we should know, to make the Baron Run smoother?

By the way, are the epics that the Baron drops(his sword and mount) only attained through the Baron run? Or do they drop normally? That's just pure curiosity.
Luromerre

Postby Worldie » Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:52 pm

To open the doors for the baron you have to kill the 3 minibosses guarding the ziggurats (a banshee, a spider, and a necromancer), and then clear the mobs inside (some weak acolytes). Each time you do you will read a yell bout ziggurats being deactivated.
After this you will get to a huge place with lots of abominations. The gates will close behind you, and those aboms will start coming 1 by 1. After they are all dead, a boss will come, then a zerg of non elites, then 4 elites, then u can enter to the Baron.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Kitria » Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:41 pm

The epics can (in theory) drop from a normal run, though they have a very very small chance of dropping.
Kitria

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics