Remove Advertisements

Heroic kargath bladefist

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby lusisia » Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:00 am

Oramac wrote:never done it on heroic, but the best way i've found to kill him is to not even be in his room at all.

tank him at the top of the steps into his square. all 4 others BEHIND you outside the square. just have DPS kill the adds then FF him until another add shows up. when he does his whirlwind he'll go back into the empty square area and kill nobody.

The only thing to remember is that if ANYONE steps outside or onto the stairs, you get assassin spawns. This also happens if everyone isn't off the stairs and inside when you agro him.

I can't tell you how many pugs I've been in where someone got confused and backed onto the stairs.
"then somehow people manage not to see the forty fucking foot tall of fucking fiery flames of fucking doom ... and we wipe." - Isolfr
"It turns out that a large number of people are whiny motherfuckers ..." - PsiVen
lusisia
Maintankadonor

Postby DeadMilliken » Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:02 am

Oramac wrote:never done it on heroic, but the best way i've found to kill him is to not even be in his room at all.

tank him at the top of the steps into his square. all 4 others BEHIND you outside the square. just have DPS kill the adds then FF him until another add shows up. when he does his whirlwind he'll go back into the empty square area and kill nobody.

Problems:

#1 The healing debuff stacked by two assasins early on in the fight (*where you should still be more worried about building threat than cleansing yourself) Also remember under heroic you will be taking more dmg...which makes it all the more deadly to have a healing debuff stacked against you.

#2 Adds run into people other than the tank...dps again must be on add duty instead of downing the boss faster.

#3 Time spent on killing adds instead of boss.

The method I outlined is the fastest way to kill the boss. (*yes I even do it on normal with the sharp shooters able to disorreint me...they don't do it that much and I can bubble/trinket out of it.)

Bladefist doesn't have a lot of hp for a heroic boss...he can be downed in under a minute
DeadMilliken

Postby fuzzygeek » Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:14 pm

lusisia wrote:

The only thing to remember is that if ANYONE steps outside or onto the stairs, you get assassin spawns. This also happens if everyone isn't off the stairs and inside when you agro him.

I can't tell you how many pugs I've been in where someone got confused and backed onto the stairs.

This is interesting. I know there's a little bit of wiggle room with the assassins; if everyone is right on the lip of the room .... hmm. I think I'll have to try this.

And I'd rather AOE tank an additional assassin than lose the healer entirely.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Everlight » Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:36 pm

fuzzygeek wrote:And I'd rather AOE tank an additional assassin than lose the healer entirely.

It's not "an additional assassin". The guys who are down the bottom of the stairs are MUCH MUCH nastier than the adds that are spawned. For one, they're elite.
Everlight

Postby Worldie » Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:09 pm

They also stun, stunned paladin = dead paladin.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Gracerath » Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:07 am

I do this exactly the same as I do the normal version. Back to the entrance stair but not ON the stair. DPS and healers spread out around. Consecrate picks up adds and if one gets through, a dps burns it down. Spread the fuck out when he whirlwinds and just heal his charge.

Main difference between surviving the heroic vs the normal version? Everyone needs to have a good bit of life cause people WILL get charged and whirled occasionally and they need to survive the hit.

I have more trouble with the 2nd boss in normal SL than I do with any boss in heroic SH :(
Bye space sword!
Gracerath
Maintankadonor

Postby fuzzygeek » Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:32 am

Everlight wrote:
fuzzygeek wrote:And I'd rather AOE tank an additional assassin than lose the healer entirely.

It's not "an additional assassin". The guys who are down the bottom of the stairs are MUCH MUCH nastier than the adds that are spawned. For one, they're elite.

IIRC, they're identical to the assassins that jump out at you from the shadows while clearing that hallway, who, yes, are elite, but not that big a deal. I've had idiot dps pull them during the fight before, and it really isn't a big deal. I had one guy who swore up and down that it was important to actually pull those guys in the hallway during the fight so they wouldn't add when we "weren't ready for them", and dropped his totems down there on purpose before anyone could swear at him.

So I just tanked them too.

They sap and open with cheapshot but I don't recall them ever gouging or kidney shotting once they've been engaged (which they would be since they'd be running over cons to get to the party), and I've done many, many, many runs. Maybe I've just been lucky.

Meh. Easy enough to test, once I get some time this weekend.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby lusisia » Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:48 pm

fuzzygeek wrote:
IIRC, they're identical to the assassins that jump out at you from the shadows while clearing that hallway, who, yes, are elite, but not that big a deal. I've had idiot dps pull them during the fight before, and it really isn't a big deal. I had one guy who swore up and down that it was important to actually pull those guys in the hallway during the fight so they wouldn't add when we "weren't ready for them", and dropped his totems down there on purpose before anyone could swear at him.

So I just tanked them too.

They sap and open with cheapshot but I don't recall them ever gouging or kidney shotting once they've been engaged (which they would be since they'd be running over cons to get to the party), and I've done many, many, many runs. Maybe I've just been lucky.

Meh. Easy enough to test, once I get some time this weekend.

I think the point is they are considerably more powered than the mobs that run in as part of the fight. Why make it harder than it needs to be ;)
"then somehow people manage not to see the forty fucking foot tall of fucking fiery flames of fucking doom ... and we wipe." - Isolfr
"It turns out that a large number of people are whiny motherfuckers ..." - PsiVen
lusisia
Maintankadonor

Postby fuzzygeek » Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:20 am

lusisia wrote:I think the point is they are considerably more powered than the mobs that run in as part of the fight. Why make it harder than it needs to be ;)

Losing the healer to WW makes it harder than it needs to be. 8)
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby lusisia » Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:32 am

fuzzygeek wrote:
lusisia wrote:I think the point is they are considerably more powered than the mobs that run in as part of the fight. Why make it harder than it needs to be ;)

Losing the healer to WW makes it harder than it needs to be. 8)

Fair enough ;) Had an interesting moment in Non-Heroic Mech last night. 2nd real boss (who STILL didn't drop my fucking jadeskull) was down to about 25% and the healer got farked somehow and died. I think it was a fire ele.

Either way, I judged light (LoH was on CD from a previous small problem and so we're potions) and we managed to pull it out.

Don't ask me how. I think MAYBE we were all a bit overgeared ;)
lusisia
Maintankadonor

Postby adese » Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:05 am

The second boss is just plain evil. The fact that she drops normal loot on Heroic makes it barely even worth trying just for the badge.
adese

Postby DeadMilliken » Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:54 am

adese wrote:The second boss is just plain evil. The fact that she drops normal loot on Heroic makes it barely even worth trying just for the badge.

course if you don't down em...you lose three badges.
DeadMilliken

Postby adese » Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:28 pm

DeadMilliken wrote:
adese wrote:The second boss is just plain evil. The fact that she drops normal loot on Heroic makes it barely even worth trying just for the badge.

course if you don't down em...you lose three badges.

What do you mean? I was referring to the boss at the top of the elevator - BE female, with the fire elemental adds. You can safely skip her to get to the final boss, for a total of 4 badges.

I didn't mean the 2nd demon mini-boss. Just run out of melee when he raises his hammer...not too hard at all, really.
adese

Postby Kayoto » Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:32 pm

The hardest part of Kargath in Heroic SH is keeping low HP clothies from dying to his whirlwind/charge (not your problem) and keeping your mana at a decent level. I often have to throw on a lot of spell damage gear just to take a decent amount of incoming damage to keep my mana topped off.

I'd also like to mention that the Sharpshooters seem to no longer use Scatter Shot against the tank in Heroic SH (I haven't done normal in forever).

It is quite a pleasant change.
Kayoto

Postby Mellithe » Thu Oct 25, 2007 6:28 am

how hard is the additional boss after the fire run? I have never tried that part so curious what he is like and how you all typically handle him.

Good advice for the last boss will try it when I do the heroic this week :)
Winter is Coming
Mellithe

PreviousNext

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics