Remove Advertisements

Heroic kargath bladefist

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Heroic kargath bladefist

Postby Magnusharkov » Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:35 am

I enjoy heroic SH a lot and I'm beginning to get a feel for the best way to clear most of it. However I still don't reaaly understand how the charge attacks are supposed to work on the last boss, sometimes he just seems to triple charge clothies and drops them pretty quickly. Whenever I've killed him its always felt pretty lucky and we always seem to lose people on charges.

I've tried positioning roughly like this but I've not had a great amount of success. http://www.wowwiki.com/images/c/c6/Bladefist_proper.jpg

Does anyone have any tips?
Magnusharkov

Postby matchbox » Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:55 am

just kill him faster and you wont have that problem, but really no there isnt just bop your priest and go nucking futs on his ass
matchbox

Postby Ciandin » Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:24 am

On heroic is it prudent to aoe tank all the adds like we do on normal? Granted I've only been there once, and it was on my rogue, but we went 0-4 in attempts on him and I'm afraid to go in there on my pally and fail.

In the failed rogue attempts it also "seemed" like he was double or triple charging our priest every time, so we were calling shenanigans on the "random charge" aspect of it.

I'd love to give it a shot again since its a very fun instance; maybe we should bring 1.5 healers for it. Thoughts?
Ciandin

Postby ulushnar » Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:34 am

I've started doing this run regularly now because it's a fun five badges, as opposed to Heroic Mechan-bore.

I usually take the following: Me, two healers, two DPS. I AoE tank everything, and don't usually have a problem. I normally have a Druid who Cyclone's the healer or Darkcaster straight out of the pull until we can get the numbers down to something more manageable.

Works like a charm, once you know how to pace yourself you can normally rock through the instance easily. Only having 2 DPSers does make Kargath a bit annoying sometimes, but I've still never lost more than one party member to him.
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby Dorvan » Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:29 am

Ciandin wrote:On heroic is it prudent to aoe tank all the adds like we do on normal? Granted I've only been there once, and it was on my rogue, but we went 0-4 in attempts on him and I'm afraid to go in there on my pally and fail.

I recommend tanking everything except the sharpshooters and having DPS focus on the boss....more DPS on him means fewer whirlwinds and less chance of a wipe. I've always run it with one healer, on Kargath you definitely want 3 DPS imo because it's a bit of a race against having tha adds build up to high and having someone finally die to a whirlwind.
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Ingerimm » Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:40 am

I just AoE tank all adds and DPS has to go nuts on Bladefist.
Never tried it with less than three DPS yet, but as long as every DD has enough health the charge should not be a big problem. Around 9K HP should be sufficient.
Ingerimm - 80 - Eredar EU - 0/53/18
http://armorylite.com/eu/eredar/ingerimm
Ingerimm

Postby DeadMilliken » Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:52 pm

How to:

Tank *(you):
at the top of the entrance stairs tanking everything.

Everyone else:
Spread out in the center of the room (*one dps at each width end of the center, the healer/dps about 10yd to either side center. (*if you have a melee healer is in the center of the room)

During charges: melee backs away from the tank against the entrance wall.
(*pets are to be kept away from other people as much as possible)
DeadMilliken

Postby jere » Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:56 pm

DeadMilliken wrote:How to:

Tank *(you):

Everyone else:
Spread out in the center of the room (*one dps at each width end of the center, the healer/dps about 10yd to either side center. (*if you have a melee healer is in the center of the room)

So how does the tanking everything work? I tried that on non heroic and the sharpshooter would scatter shot me, causing all other mobs to go own the healer. Is their scatter shot disabled in the heroic version of the fight?

The times I did it, we just had one dps kill the adds as they came and the rest were on kargath
jere

Postby Noradin » Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:26 am

jere wrote:I tried that on non heroic and the sharpshooter would scatter shot me, causing all other mobs to go own the healer. Is their scatter shot disabled in the heroic version of the fight?

Yes it is.
ImageImage
Noradin

Postby Worldie » Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:53 am

I usually just place myself on the entrace and tell ppl "DPS boss and ignore adds" and thats what they do. Usually they just have to pray when he uses the Blade Dance to not kill them. We always kill him after 2 or 3 dances however, ez mode boss for a tankadin :)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Claydon » Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:23 am

As a healer, as soon as he starts charging i just spam heal the squishiest member this normally keeps them alive. Your healer should really be checking who has the lowest HP and heal them.Not much you can do about it as a tank
Claydon

Postby Worldie » Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:14 am

Well to be honest you can BoP the squishier clothie if you want.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Ciandin » Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:00 am

Tank *(you):

Everyone else:

I've always done it where the party members spread out into the corners. What advantage does your setup give?
Ciandin

Postby adese » Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:16 am

Ciandin wrote:

Tank *(you):

Everyone else:

I've always done it where the party members spread out into the corners. What advantage does your setup give?

If you are at the top of the stairs, your Consecration will pick up the adds as they walk into the room. Using the corners method, you need 1-2 DPS killing the adds, since they will probably aggro the healer before they can get to you for you to pick them up.
adese

Postby Oramac » Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:44 am

never done it on heroic, but the best way i've found to kill him is to not even be in his room at all.

tank him at the top of the steps into his square. all 4 others BEHIND you outside the square. just have DPS kill the adds then FF him until another add shows up. when he does his whirlwind he'll go back into the empty square area and kill nobody.
Aplus wrote:Yeah every time I get a big head, I go and try to solo a warlock.brings me back down to earth pretty fast
Oramac

Next

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics