Remove Advertisements

Struggling in Hero mech

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Claydon » Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:06 am

As a healer i just step up my healing for these mobs. i normally just spam FoL, when we take these on i just start spamming mid rank HL and then near the end of the fight i move up to a high rank HL. I don't know what it is but they seem to hit harder near the end of the fight as if they get enraged.
Claydon

Postby fuzzygeek » Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:30 am

EvilSanta wrote:Counterspell doesn't work. Kick does. As of last night anyway

Counterspell does work, but timing interupts is tricky on that fight -- 1 sec cast time + latency ftl.

Your mages might need this macro:

/stopcasting
/cast counterspell

I use it on my mage. The temptation to just finish this fireball then counterspell is very strong ... but helping to keep the tank alive should trump my personal DPS, shouldn't it?
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Re: Struggling in Hero mech

Postby Andover » Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:23 am

EvilSanta wrote:I could do with some pointers with the destroyers on hero mech. It's the arcane fist that causes me problems.

I'm in about 14k health buffed, i tend to do a mastery and greater fort pot beforehand and I've just snagged some arcane resistance pots too.

I'm not expecting arcane resist pots to help much - 2k - 4k arcane damage is roughly 2 hits

Clearly, killing them has to be a group effort - a good healer and high dps helps - but it seems to be pretty discrete: either we down em quick or we wipe.

So, if anyone has any tips, I'd be glad to hear em

Thanks in advance

Tell your healers to burn that mana pool. As a Holy Pally in T5 raiding gear and a Prot Pally on the weekends I've run Mech as both the healer and the tank. HoJ the first one to help your healer out but for them to expect to heal through them w/o a major heal in place even on some of the best tanks is simply out of the question.

Healers spaming max rank heals is the only way to survive these encounters. Anything you can do above and beyond that is just lending your healing commrade a hand.
Andover

Postby Flex » Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:52 pm

Blutreich wrote:if you bring a good rogue/dps sham(even tho i like ele sham for caster group buffs melee tend to be better cause they are less likely to have their GCD get in the way) it works wonders, I just HoJ the first one they miss then pop trinkets if they miss 2.

and somehow in dumb luck usually when i go down the interrupter usually apologies clearing me }:)

My Shaman has this where her Earth shock hot key is placed.

/stopcasting
/cast Earth Shock

Pound it twice and no fist.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Aplus » Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:23 am

i hate this instance. ppl always talk about how easy it is and it has been nothing but a pain in the ass for me. i think i'm just going to try to get a good guild group and never pug it again. i always get stuck with one of 2 things happening

1. no lock - get owned by the group of 4 bomb-lobbing tinkerers at the bottom of the stairs
2. no CF interrupts - they are in the group but not doing their job

either way i am always the one to take the blame and the group disbands leaving a bad taste in my mouth.

i've aoe tanked all of heroic sp on more than one occasion, so i don't feel it's me that is the problem. however i am sick of sp and want to run a 5-badge instance. someday i'll get this down i suppose. i wonder if heroic bot or SH may be a better route...
Aplus

Postby Dorvan » Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:46 pm

I will say that if you've got the gear to handle AoE'ing it, Heroic SH is at least as easy as Mech and a lot more fun....it's that "if you have the gear" thing that you have to be careful about, just bring CC and play it safe your first time there.
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby kywirelessguy » Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:15 pm

This is a little off topic but deals with the same instance. What do you do about melee on the 1st boss? The big robot guy, not the two little guys with the key frags.

I usually just start the instance going left and work my way through the 4 little demons and the middle, then pull the boss back over to the stairs. Great if you got plenty of ranged, but the bombs just spank the melee classes. Should I go ahead and go right from the beggining?

I'm just talking about reg mech too, I am not quite revered w/ Sha'tar yet.
kywirelessguy

Postby fuzzygeek » Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:53 pm

kywirelessguy wrote:This is a little off topic but deals with the same instance. What do you do about melee on the 1st boss? The big robot guy, not the two little guys with the key frags.

I usually just start the instance going left and work my way through the 4 little demons and the middle, then pull the boss back over to the stairs. Great if you got plenty of ranged, but the bombs just spank the melee classes. Should I go ahead and go right from the beggining?

Go left. Clear everything up to the boss (you can skip the pack in the back nook unless you want the chest that spawns there sometimes).

Tell everyone to get back to the stairs. Pull him and run back to the stairs. Stand on the outside edge of the 2nd step, so the boss is standing on the floor facing you and everyone else.

All his bombs will stay down below, off the stairs. All your DPS and healers should be on the stairs. Kill boss, collect loots. Easy.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Belldandi » Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:26 am

Heroic Mech isn't hard at all. Except for the Charged Fist ablity... Its a good Instance to seperate the "Good" players from the Auto attacking monkeys.
Belldandi

Postby kywirelessguy » Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:04 am

fuzzygeek wrote:
kywirelessguy wrote:This is a little off topic but deals with the same instance. What do you do about melee on the 1st boss? The big robot guy, not the two little guys with the key frags.

Go left. Clear everything up to the boss (you can skip the pack in the back nook unless you want the chest that spawns there sometimes).

Tell everyone to get back to the stairs. Pull him and run back to the stairs. Stand on the outside edge of the 2nd step, so the boss is standing on the floor facing you and everyone else.

All his bombs will stay down below, off the stairs. All your DPS and healers should be on the stairs. Kill boss, collect loots. Easy.

Thanks, thats the course I usually take, but was just fighting the boss next to that middle post rather than right next to the bottom stair. Will definatly try this next time and won't make me squeemish taking melee.
kywirelessguy

Postby plisken451 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:28 pm

Tried this over the weekend, and the 2nd mini-boss mech demon wtfpwnd me. It was hammer-time. We killed the sawblade demon and Capacitus just fine. We even dealt with the bomb-throwing gan'args with me running around like a headless chicken. Stay ahead of their targetting, and they don't seem to hurt. They remind me of the goblin technician packs in BWL. But when it came to the hammer guy, it got ugly.
ImageRetired

Mirraluun - Asmodian Chanter - Fregion Server - Eated by hackers
plisken451

Postby Blaen99 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:44 pm

plisken451 wrote:Tried this over the weekend, and the 2nd mini-boss mech demon wtfpwnd me. It was hammer-time. We killed the sawblade demon and Capacitus just fine. We even dealt with the bomb-throwing gan'args with me running around like a headless chicken. Stay ahead of their targetting, and they don't seem to hurt. They remind me of the goblin technician packs in BWL. But when it came to the hammer guy, it got ugly.

Were you running out when he did his emote?
Blaen99

Postby plisken451 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:35 pm

Blaen99 wrote:Were you running out when he did his emote?

Yup.
ImageRetired

Mirraluun - Asmodian Chanter - Fregion Server - Eated by hackers
plisken451

Postby adese » Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:20 am

plisken451 wrote:
Blaen99 wrote:Were you running out when he did his emote?

Yup.

I think he can enrage like the first mini-boss, but if you got through him ok that probably wasn't the issue here. Personally, I may take a "hammer time" hit or two, depending on how quickly I notice that I need to run out...could that have been the issue? Maybe the healer didn't see that you were low from a few hammer time hits, and when you went back in he just 1 shotted you for the rest of your health?
adese

Postby Aplus » Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:35 am

i finally got this cleared and it wasn't bad at all.

group:
Me
low-dps hunter (my wife)
good shadow priest
good warlock
pally healer

as you can see, we didn't have any of the traditional charged fist interruption you would normally want. i just told the pally to use bigs heals and HoJ after mine was used. that was enough. i died on one, but the group finished him immediately after i died.

i just tanked the first boss by the pillar where the 4 little bomb-throwers are near the bottom of the stairs. that way the rest of the group could stay away from each other based on their polarities (- on bottom, + on top of stairs) and still avoid any bombs. he took a while to kill, but he hits like a girl.

the hammer time guy beat on me pretty good, but i never moved away from him. we killed him anyways. for future reference, when do i get away from him? i think i saw him doing 2 different emotes. do i move out when it says he raises his fist?

2nd real boss just use FR aura and BoF when necessary to stay away from the elementals. the warlock didn't even want to try since he had only done it pre-nerf. he was amazed at how easy the fight is now.

we wiped twice i think on the waves up to panthaleon. some of that was my fault. you have to be ready for the next wave so you can pick up aggro on them, which i messed up on once. not a bad idea to have priest mc one either. things went much more smoothly when warlock decided to start fearing one. its been hammered into a lot of warlocks minds that fearing in an instance is bad, but this is not always the case. the tunnel to panthaleon is a great place to be fearing. you may want to whisper your lock before going in and encourage him to use it.

it also was a great help to have a shadow priest that was skilled and could drop out of shadow form and spot heal on some of the more chaotic pulls.

all in all it was a great experience and i look forward to running this regularly, whereas i used to dread it. i used to think that this instance put a magnifying glass to my shortcomings in the tanking department, but in hindsight, it showed that skilled dps and healing are a must for this instance. as long as you know the pulls that get you to the stairs, you are pretty much set.
Aplus

PreviousNext

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics