Struggling in Hero mech

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Struggling in Hero mech

Postby EvilSanta » Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:41 am

I could do with some pointers with the destroyers on hero mech. It's the arcane fist that causes me problems.

I'm in about 14k health buffed, i tend to do a mastery and greater fort pot beforehand and I've just snagged some arcane resistance pots too.

I'm not expecting arcane resist pots to help much - 2k - 4k arcane damage is roughly 2 hits

Clearly, killing them has to be a group effort - a good healer and high dps helps - but it seems to be pretty discrete: either we down em quick or we wipe.

So, if anyone has any tips, I'd be glad to hear em

Thanks in advance
EvilSanta

Postby Dorvan » Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:52 am

The other piece to this group effort is someone to interrupt the charging fists, you can HoJ right after one of them, but beyond that it's helpful to have a rogue along to kick/pummel. If worst comes to worst, keep those those consumables on hand and be ready to pop an avoidance trinket.
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby EvilSanta » Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:25 am

Dorvan wrote:The other piece to this group effort is someone to interrupt the charging fists, you can HoJ right after one of them, but beyond that it's helpful to have a rogue along to kick/pummel.

Yeah HOJ works, I think you can BELF racial them too - not sure. Kick doesn't work post 2.2

I've heard mages can counterspell them but not according to our 2 guild mages?

Dorvan wrote:If worst comes to worst, keep those those consumables on hand and be ready to pop an avoidance trinket.

Health potion injector, master healthstone.. I guess bubble/bandage and hope you can hold aggro? What did I miss?
EvilSanta

Postby Nerra » Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:48 am

EvilSanta wrote:Yeah HOJ works, I think you can BELF racial them too - not sure. Kick doesn't work post 2.2

I had always gotten an "immune" return from any elite I use my Arcane Torrent on. really just a pvp racial.

and yes, I personally take the first couple of charged fists, then (unless the healer is struggling, wait until I can HoJ where the mob would die either before the 6 seconds is up, or right after.
Nerra

Postby Invisusira » Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:51 am

A Shammy is FANTASTIC here. Especially an enhancement one. Earthshock ftw!
Invisusira

Postby fuzzygeek » Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:02 am

Most spell interrupts work on the destroyers -- including kick, earthshock and counterspell.

The mobs are NOT silenceable, so if the ability applies a silence the player will still get an "IMMUNE" message, which might be why they think it doesn't work.

It does.

Arcane torrent, however, does not work.

(I've been doing mech daily for quite a while. 106 badges and counting ...)
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby EvilSanta » Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:42 am

fuzzygeek wrote:Most spell interrupts work on the destroyers -- including kick, earthshock and counterspell.

The "immune" message bit was new to me - thanks.
EvilSanta

Postby M'hael » Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:33 pm

today i did h mech with 2 locks and a hunter and our strat was basically zerg him down asap so i just generate as much threat asi can so they can zerg more. it worked pretty good and i only died on 1 of the 5 destroyers. im not super geared out either having only 11.8k hp unbuffed
M'hael

Postby EvilSanta » Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:59 am

Counterspell doesn't work. Kick does. As of last night anyway
EvilSanta

Re: Struggling in Hero mech

Postby Vic » Sun Oct 14, 2007 4:41 am

EvilSanta wrote:I could do with some pointers with the destroyers on hero mech. It's the arcane fist that causes me problems.

I'm in about 14k health buffed, i tend to do a mastery and greater fort pot beforehand and I've just snagged some arcane resistance pots too.

I'm not expecting arcane resist pots to help much - 2k - 4k arcane damage is roughly 2 hits

Clearly, killing them has to be a group effort - a good healer and high dps helps - but it seems to be pretty discrete: either we down em quick or we wipe.

Thanks in advance

I usually have a rogue in my group to help me out. If... for what ever reason he gets it through, i pop my dodge trinkets (pocket watch and dawnstone grab) and those together push me near 50% dodge, and i just pray for the best. Not sure how much Hp i carry group buffed but i have roughly 12k HP unbuffed
Pally / 70 / Stormscale
Vic

Postby dab » Sun Oct 14, 2007 5:31 am

EvilSanta wrote:Counterspell doesn't work. Kick does. As of last night anyway

My main is a mage, and counterspell works fine.

The silence part has no effect (that is why you see an "immune"), but the interrupt and the school lock out work.
dab

Postby Warrender » Sun Oct 14, 2007 5:34 am

An alternative strat is bring some Arcane resist gear like the plate ones Scryer Blacksmiths can make.
Warrender
Maintankadonor

Postby Caelia » Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:11 am

i was running it at 10.5k unbuffed, now at about 11k unbuffed, the best thing you can do is have a good healer, a warrior to pummel or a rogue to kick all the charged fists. Mages CS works too, but i dont use any arcane resist potions, i occasionaly use a few elixirs but i use alot of stam food tho.
In Progress: Fury Warrior: Tailwhip
All Retired: Holy Priest:Appletons | DK Blood Tank: Dreadborne | Prot Paladin: Welsh
Caelia

Re: Struggling in Hero mech

Postby Flibble » Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:31 am

EvilSanta wrote:I could do with some pointers with the destroyers on hero mech. It's the arcane fist that causes me problems.

Thanks in advance

Bring a spell interrupt. If that's impossible, burn Avenging Wrath at the start of it to front load as much aggro as possible. Use Hammer of Justice on the first Charged Fist. After it wears off, switch to Seal of Justice.

All you have to do is interrupt the cast time, and they quit casting Charged Fist. A school lockout is NOT necessary.
Flibble

Postby Blutreich » Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:58 am

if you bring a good rogue/dps sham(even tho i like ele sham for caster group buffs melee tend to be better cause they are less likely to have their GCD get in the way) it works wonders, I just HoJ the first one they miss then pop trinkets if they miss 2.

and somehow in dumb luck usually when i go down the interrupter usually apologies clearing me }:)
Going to spend my cab money on more shots and just take the ambulance home
Blutreich

Next

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics