Remove Advertisements

Heroic Underbog - Bog Lord (Directly after the Hunter/Druid)

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Heroic Underbog - Bog Lord (Directly after the Hunter/Druid)

Postby Aerillia » Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:01 am

Hey guys,

I was tanking Heroic Underbog for the first time and we made it to the 3rd boss with no real problems (Besides the usual first time hiccups).

However we met a very dissapointing road block when we came to the Bog Lord pull after it. I just couldn't shake it.

I had 12k hp 13.5k armor 20% dodge 16% parry and 20% block.

I'm gonna work on the dodge rating I guess to bring it to 25% but even then the guy was hitting for 6k 7k 8k and eventually 9k...

I figure that the only way to do it is to really lay solid dps on him as soon as you can. Fortunatly my dps can immediately start due to the shield throw but daaang...my druid friend got hit for 20k lol.

Any ideas?
Aerillia - 70 - Darkspear
Aerillia

Postby Aergis » Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:30 pm

Yeah, that guy's fun.

We had a priest and pally healing me for it, and the first attempt was a pure wipe. Ran up to him like a normal mob and picked my face off the ground 10 seconds later...

Realizing the damage that was coming, the priest and pally were much more ready for it the second time. Pre-pull the priest spammed a low heal to proc inspiration ( extra ac ) and then I pulled. From then on, neither stopped healing until the mage and rogue had it dead. I don't see any way possible for war or druid or pally tank to do this pull without a second healer spamming.
Aergis
Site Admin

Postby Vanifae » Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:50 pm

I have done both pulls with single healer, you pretty much want your dps going overdrive, mana is not an issue you will be spammed healed, but they hit slow, thankfully. You pretty much want high armor mitigation and kill him before he starts hitting you for 8k.

But it is doable.
Vanifae

Postby Jensaarai » Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:18 pm

Yeah, this mob is a bitch. Your healer has to have a heal primed for the first few attacks, and it also helps if a Mage puts Slow on the mob, if he's got it. Basically high HP and crazy DPS will save you on this mob.

One time I got hit for 11k from them...I lived because of VERY nice timing from my healer :P but when I saw that hit I literally shouted HOLY SHIT!

11k. >.<
Jensaarai - 85 Prot Paladin (Lost Isles - US)
Endüre - 85 Prot Warrior (Lost Isles - US)
Jensaarai

Postby Lorath » Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:52 am

11k hit from trash, sonofa... I shouted HOLY SHIT when I read that :shock:
LOL at the ridiculous imbalance between heroic trash and the bosses :roll:
Lorath, Human 80 Swedish Viking Tankadin, EU Bloodhoof
www.kingsandaces.eu
Lorath

Postby QuantumDelta » Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:09 am

Small tip;
You can somewhat ignore your avoidance in heroic instances and buff the crap out of your armour/stamina.

HOWEVER - Only make worth while changes.

Such changes makes mobs like this one significantly easier for both you and your healer, I normally have no trouble tanking these.
nani shini umareta no? nani shini koko ni iru?
ikinokoritai, umaranai kizum, hikari osoreteta
QuantumDelta

Postby Gideon » Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:27 am

Normally I just get a holy priest and a holy paladin to spamheal me through it.

One time though, the second healer was a druid. She started off healing and then just gave up and hurricaned. The attack speed debuff worked and we got through.
Gideon

Postby Anatheme » Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:10 am

just a bit of healer's input on this one, tho i might be mistaken about that bog lord.
I know there's some sort of bog lord that seem to hit like a train and splatter tanks all over... until your healer catch that it's more efficient to give priority to dispelling the disease they stack onto you each time they hit.

When healing a warrior or druid tanking these, i was quickly cleansing three times in between each of my holy lights, and it seemed each holy light would then be enough to bring my tank back up to full life.

I also remember they were hitting -hard- but i don't recall dying when i was tanking them.
"Anatheme c'est la reroll de Benediction."
- Yshuta

My armory
Anatheme

Postby Vanifae » Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:58 am

I believe they are speaking of the two Bog Lords right before the last boss in Underbog, and they hit hard withor without the Disease, and they grow like Gruul, hitting progressively harder.
Vanifae

Postby DurWrathi » Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:48 am

I've tanked the Lords with a single healer. The trick is having your DPS burn the lord down before he starts hitting for 7k. After that, things get dicey quick.
DurWrathi - 70 Paladin - Alleria
Est Sularus oth Mithas, Est Sudanus oth Nikkas
DurWrathi

Postby kurros » Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:04 am

Jensaarai wrote:and it also helps if a Mage puts Slow on the mob, if he's got it.

Unless there is a bug in the spell or tooltip, slow does nothing to melee mob swings. It only slows down movement speed, casting speed, and ranged attacks.
kurros

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics