Remove Advertisements

Heroic Gatewatcher Gyro-Kill question

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Heroic Gatewatcher Gyro-Kill question

Postby Boudi » Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:00 am

Heya,

last night i has some really big issues with Gatewatcher Gyro-Kill in heroic mode.

What we did was pulling(pulling was done by with with a AW+AS+Exorcism pull for some hot love from him) from his spot into the lil area behind the pilars. I positioned him in such a way that i was facing the group/his back to the group. Since we had nothing but casters (1 priest, 2 mages and 1 huntard) they were standing at max range to avoid some of those sawblades.

Threat was anything but an issue. Having a 7k threat lead before the first mage lands his fire/frostbolt and the hunter does a MD aswell. Threat was skyrocketed.

What looked like a serious issue was that everybody in the group died within a matter of seconds after his first sawblade launch. Any tips on how to avoid the entire group to be hit other then to just spread out? Any positions, like standing even further down the ramp, that can make avoiding those blades easier?

Thanks in advance!

Boudi
Tanked: KZ(nightbane left), Nalorakk
Boudi

Postby Dreamcrusher » Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:10 am

I usually tank him so that -MY- back is facing the group and he is facing them. I can't remember saw blades ever really being an issue though..
<3
Dreamcrusher

Postby Worldie » Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:17 am

You need people to be sphreaded. His saw blade will target one person, and hit everyone between him and that person. I place usually him in the center of the stairs, and people place themselves around.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Boudi » Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:35 am

Worldie wrote:You need people to be sphreaded. His saw blade will target one person, and hit everyone between him and that person. I place usually him in the center of the stairs, and people place themselves around.
hmm..interesting as i tought he had some kind of knockback....

my first guess is that the party wasn't spread out well enough.

Thanks for this tip Worldie
Tanked: KZ(nightbane left), Nalorakk
Boudi

Postby Worldie » Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:50 pm

He doesnt have any knockback, he has a knockdown instead (aka stun) =)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Vanifae » Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:33 pm

Your ranged needs to spread out.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics