Remove Advertisements

Omor sucks

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Omor sucks

Postby Donjuan » Sun Sep 09, 2007 4:01 am

First time i went heroic ramparts i ripped all the bosses a new one, as i had a lock, rogue and hunter as dps . We had problems on some trash as we had to use fear and the resistible trap as cc, but the bosses posed little challenge. The dragon did need some adjustments from some people though as they were not moving at first

Anyway omor the unscarred went really well as i told one of the locks to enslave an add, banish or fear. I did die at end , but so did omor so all good.

So i assumed i now have ramparts on farm, and could take other group through it np. So i made a ne group last night, two mages and rogue. What could go wrong? Well nothing at first, we pwned the trash as we had so much, cc, and the 1st boss cried like a little girl when we sheeped both casters.

I assumed things were going well and we would be allgoing home happy very soon, and then it happened. 8 wipes on Omor the unscaccred!!!!. first time i killed him i didnt even know all of his skills as he didnt get a chance to use them. WEll lets just say after a minute or so i have nothing left to tank with, as the adds take all my mana. I did somehow manage to hold aggro on adds and boss, till he chucked me up in the air. while I am in air, all the adds i was tanking go on rampage, and the boss starts casting bolts on all .The very same thing happened every single time.

I tried having two people on adds instead, so they wont wipe the group when i get chucked in air. I tried having the mage spell tanking instead, so i wont get chucked in air which didnt last long enough as he only has 7k health. I tried all i could think of, and yet we just could not beat him.

Eventually it dawned on me, had i been a warrior iu could have just feared the adds myself, and the loss of mana wouldnt have been an issue. This my friends has been a real big blow to pally tanking, as all those people in the group have probably assumed this too.

Is there no way for me to tank this boss without lock? an why has blizzard made a boss that can't be done with a pally tanking unless he has warlock?
Donjuan

Postby Worldie » Sun Sep 09, 2007 4:13 am

I dont see any of the difficulties you had with this guy, tanked it many times without problems, holded felhunters on me and the boss at same time =O
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Donjuan » Sun Sep 09, 2007 4:15 am

Worldie wrote:I dont see any of the difficulties you had with this guy, tanked it many times without problems, holded felhunters on me and the boss at same time =O

He chucks me in air, haly way through, so the adds then go of an kill group, while i am in air. he done that every single time i tanked, so it must be normal behaviour. I have no problem holding aggro and adds, even with nomana, but wtf am i supposed to do while in air?
Donjuan

Postby Worldie » Sun Sep 09, 2007 4:19 am

Shadow Whip- Melee CC ability that lifts lower-aggro player into the air for a short time, leaving only motion under the players' control. Possible to leave the instance due to this abiity. Player takes fall damage.

You cannot have the adds loose btw, you NEED to have them killed as a paladin. In the air you cannot do anything, just your healer must heal the shadowbolt damages.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Donjuan » Sun Sep 09, 2007 4:21 am

Worldie wrote:
Shadow Whip- Melee CC ability that lifts lower-aggro player into the air for a short time, leaving only motion under the players' control. Possible to leave the instance due to this abiity. Player takes fall damage.

You cannot have the adds loose btw, you NEED to have them killed as a paladin.

That cant be right, how can i be lower aggro, if i had all aggro on me? Must be bugged. Threat meter even had me on top, unless when i goo oom...
Donjuan

Postby Worldie » Sun Sep 09, 2007 4:44 am

Well i dont really know how it exactly works, i know that happened to me sometime to get that skill, but other times someone else got hit =|

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Donjuan » Sun Sep 09, 2007 4:56 am

Worldie wrote:Well i dont really know how it exactly works, i know that happened to me sometime to get that skill, but other times someone else got hit =|

Thank you for you posts, so what you are saying is that i need more dps on adds, so that if i get chucked in air there will be minimum adds to go on rampage? if that the case then i need better dps people, as we did try that tactic too after the 4th wipe, but the two who were on that job said they couldn't handle it and died.
Donjuan

Postby Lieris » Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:16 am

I judge wisdom on the boss and AOE tank all the adds. The DPS just nuke the boss and when he dies we clean up the adds. It's very easy this way.
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby adese » Sun Sep 09, 2007 6:17 am

This fight is very much a dps race. The faster you can take him down, the less adds there will be. Just have the dps go crazy on him, and don't worry about the adds. You should consecrate so that they stay on you (and you will run out of mana), but this guy doesn't have much life so as long as you have a decent amount of mana he should go down pretty quickly.
adese

Postby Rainge » Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:28 am

Assuming your DPS is up to par, they just nuke the boss and you AoE tank the adds. You should be getting enough mana back from heals to counteract the mana burn if they go fast enough. The rogue might even be able to take down an add or two with blade flurry. If I get slung up into the air, I just bubble out of it and cancel the bubble when i hit the ground.
Rainge

Postby Tats » Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:28 am

ya, as everyone has said here: just keep consecration down (even if its rank 1) and melt the boss. drink a potion if you need to.

and remember to use exorcism.

oh. p.s. dont let a tree heal ;P
Tats

Postby Donjuan » Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:38 am

Quick update:

Forget to say this , as i done it a little while back, it was dps problem after all. Once i told everyone to ignore adds and use all they got on boss he went down in about 20 seconds. I didnt even tank or do anything, i was just running around trying to avoid that fling in the air thing. which he still did to me, but as the dps was faster there was only one add at that time. LOL.
Donjuan

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics