My fault?

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

My fault?

Postby Bubbleoseven » Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:09 pm

i've been tanking durnholde numerous times but today i was running with a spriest enhance shaman and a feral druid as DPS.

at first everything went smoothly i held aggro without a problem and the damage meter showed i was very close to everyone, but after a while i started losing aggro constantly. the priest didn't attack what i marked but i managed to keep up with it, but then the shaman started spamming his burst damage abilities on the marked mob.

i would then lose aggro completely, unable to keep up with both targets at once and when i shifted to one the other would then need a redicuous amount of healing as he ran around waiting for me to reaggro.

no one died but i get the feeling i could have done better, any opinions to whether or not it's my fault would be nice :D
Bubbleoseven

Postby janux » Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:24 pm

Would be nice to see your armory.

But basically there is 2 things, RF on you and if someone is outgearing you and dealing massive threat Blessing of Salvation.
janux

Postby Jarkeld » Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:50 pm

Shamans and shadow priests are two classes that have very high aggro generation. I know on my shadow priest alt, even when running with good tanks, salv and -20% threat from talents, if I go all out I can easily pull aggro, and this is just against a single target. If both of them are going all out against two different targets, then you really don't stand a chance. If they're not going to attack the marked mob, and it's causing you problems, then you gotta solve it. Tell them in party chat, even just let them die once or twice.
In the beginning the universe was created. This has made many people upset and generally been decided as a bad idea.
http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/chara ... &n=Jarkeld
Jarkeld

Postby Tats » Sat Sep 08, 2007 12:56 am

spam consecration and judge righteousness whenever its up ;)
Tats

Postby Worldie » Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:02 am

Tell people to wait until mobs enter the Consecration and then wait for 2-3 seconds before spamming dps, and it should work.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Re: My fault?

Postby Kvaern » Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:12 am

Bubbleoseven wrote:i've been tanking durnholde numerous times but today i was running with a spriest enhance shaman and a feral druid as DPS.

at first everything went smoothly i held aggro without a problem and the damage meter showed i was very close to everyone, but after a while i started losing aggro constantly. the priest didn't attack what i marked but i managed to keep up with it, but then the shaman started spamming his burst damage abilities on the marked mob.

i would then lose aggro completely, unable to keep up with both targets at once and when i shifted to one the other would then need a redicuous amount of healing as he ran around waiting for me to reaggro.

no one died but i get the feeling i could have done better, any opinions to whether or not it's my fault would be nice :D

tbh you and the priest failed.

The priest for being a retard.

You for not sticking to the marked mob.

When someone nukes a target I'm aoe tanking but not focusing on then I just let the mob run off and kill the idiot.
Kvaern

Re: My fault?

Postby DraenorGauss » Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:11 am

Kvaern wrote:When someone nukes a target I'm aoe tanking but not focusing on then I just let the mob run off and kill the idiot.

Exactly. Can't tell you how many times we've wiped because a shadow priest or lock nukes a target I'm spamming w/consecrate, etc., and then I run around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to get aggro back. Better off to let the superstar die and save the group.

On a similar note...I still can't understand it when a DPS class decked out in purples gripes when I buff him w/BofSalv. As someone else on this site once said, "BofSalv is my way of telling you that you know how to play your class."

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... or&n=Gauss
DraenorGauss
Maintankadonor

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics