Remove Advertisements

so i soloed baron stratholme undead today

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

so i soloed baron stratholme undead today

Postby sindorei » Tue Sep 04, 2007 6:46 pm

I soloed as Ret and it took me about 2 hours, infact 3-4 hours for the whole run.

i runned pass as much as i can and i have not problem taken down all the 3 towers until i meet Ramstein the Gorger, i had few wipes on him and still able to have him killed.

The following zerg pack can be take down quick with DS and Holy Wrath.

However i had a big time on 6 sentry guards, i killed 3 of them. The shadow shock is doing too much dmg even with shadow prot aura on. >.<
I died too many times on this part.

here comes the baron himself,after few wipes on him,I found the problem, coz i was using Judgement of Light and seal of blood combo on baron.
seal of blood= 1/10 for solo!Never use it if u solo single elite mobs.
seal of crusader and seal of command combo is better.

if any pally9ret/prot) has soloed baron, please post your strats or the problem/trick u have , i am always open to suggestion.

and 3 hours for this run just stupid >.<
sindorei

Postby PsiVen » Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:03 pm

45min Baron was solo'd by like a 67 prot paladin in greens when beta was new...
I recommend you wear a shield and thus stop taking any damage.
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Tybalt » Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:07 am

From what I remember, the first person to solo the 45-min Baron run was a level 70 holy paladin on the Beta server.

-Ty
Tybalt

Postby Tresjynn » Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:51 pm

Tybalt wrote:From what I remember, the first person to solo the 45-min Baron run was a level 70 holy paladin on the Beta server.
I think that was me. I ran it with a spelldamage-based Holy/Prot spec (I had imp. Righteous Fury up for the damage reduction), took stuff down with high spell damage and high mana efficiency, then posted about the run on the beta forums, which have long since been taken down. I never did hear any details about this level 67 run, though.

I have run it since in around 45 minutes with full prot spec, but it involves grabbing a lot more abominations at once once past that gate. Would probably do better with an increased block value set.
Two accounts, two tankadins! Raaar.
Tresjynn

Postby Darus » Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:22 am

I do it about 5-10 times per week, takes me 35-45 minutes aproxx. Still dreaming about the deathcharger =) Theres only a few packs you need to go through. The bosses are autohit easy as prot.
Darus

Postby sindorei » Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:38 am

Darus wrote:I do it about 5-10 times per week, takes me 35-45 minutes aproxx. Still dreaming about the deathcharger =) Theres only a few packs you need to go through. The bosses are autohit easy as prot.

I soloed as ret again today and i was strucked on the last 6 sentry guards.

i also have problem on the necromancer pack, which cast drain life/mana, and i went OOM really quick
sindorei

Postby Darus » Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:26 am

sindorei wrote:i also have problem on the necromancer pack, which cast drain life/mana, and i went OOM really quick

Necromancers are the only tricky mobs in baron, save what you have to bring them down before they have drained your mana, it is dispellable but they outwand protpala dps once your oom =)
Darus

Postby Touchdown » Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:41 am

How do you kill the boss that mind controls you?

When I tried this one time, she just MC'd my ass and reset.
Touchdown

Postby fuzzygeek » Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:56 am

Touchdown wrote:How do you kill the boss that mind controls you?

When I tried this one time, she just MC'd my ass and reset.

Strange. If there's only one person on the threat list she shouldn't MC. Possibly a bug?

I farm strath for gold and shards. Beats farming primals.

You can also skip the skeleton zerg if you chase Ramm into the building when he spawns and run into the building before the doors close; it means the elite guards will spawn on top of your head and you'll have to fight them in there, but that's not a big deal.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Oohnagi » Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:13 am

Ok, I'm pretty sure I just suck, but I couldn't clear the huge room of fatties before Rammstein. I was trying to clear them one by one in the gate room, then later over on the side (which seemed better as I wasn't getting adds). Are you clearing these aoe style or one by one? Either these reset really fast, or there is an endless supply of them (I haven't been in strat in about 2 years, and that was on a warlock back in the day, so I don't recall).

Thanks for any suggestions.
Oohnagi
Maintankadonor

Postby Oramac » Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:33 pm

ok so i tried this today and while i found the bosses (that i got to) very easy, how the F%^K do you get past the trash!?! theres just so much of it i cant run past it all, and when i aggro one, too many more aggro and it becomes pointless to even try to kill them. and being that many of the mobs are casters, they pretty much kick my ass.
Aplus wrote:Yeah every time I get a big head, I go and try to solo a warlock.brings me back down to earth pretty fast

Oramac

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics