SH Tactics

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

SH Tactics

Postby Luromerre » Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:50 pm

Does anyone have anything they use to help them get down the hallway before the blood guard in Shattered Halls? The entire instance goes smooth except for that. By the time i reach the blood guard, i'm entirely OOM and have trouble gaining threat.

Anything you guys do?
Luromerre

Postby Kaelie » Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:53 pm

Is that the one with the archers, or I'm confused by not having been to SH in a month?
Kaelie

Postby PsiVen » Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:18 am

Non-heroic? My strategy is to run through the hallway with freedom, strafing so they don't daze me. At the end we aoe them all down.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby jere » Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:32 am

I typically freedom myself and run up the hallway using Rank 1 Consecrates until the end, where I use a max rank. I also make sure the healers know only to preshield me and tell them not to give me any HoT's or other healing spells to the end.
jere

Postby Buldozer » Sat Aug 25, 2007 10:11 am

Yeah, the main thing here is to get down that hall as fast as possible. As you should have AOE with you because this is an AOE+pala tank friendly instance, getting to the end first and AOE'ing second makes this simple.
Buldozer

Postby Sharlos » Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:58 pm

jere wrote:I typically freedom myself and run up the hallway using Rank 1 Consecrates until the end, where I use a max rank. I also make sure the healers know only to preshield me and tell them not to give me any HoT's or other healing spells to the end.

also note that Prayer of Mending and Earth Shield's threat counts towards you. So they're safe to use.
Sharlos

Postby Kivan » Sat Aug 25, 2007 7:57 pm

Normal Shattered Halls I do the same as the previous posters, just sprint down the entire length of the hallway with Blessing of Freedom up spamming rank 1 consecrate. I tend to avengers shield the first group of mobs that come towards us just to get some initial aggro, though the cooldown isn't up by the time I reach the end of the hall so that's the only one. At the end I just run into the room with the elites, drop a max rank consecrate and then AoE them all down.

On Heroic we do it a little differently. We take one wave at a time, stay out of the fire, and advance a little more cautiously with no AoE. Just before the boss (the guy who replaces the elites in normal mode) we drink up, deal with any new waves, and then go for him.
Kivan

Postby Luromerre » Sun Aug 26, 2007 3:27 am

Thanks guys. I'll give it a shot next time i run SH and see how it goes.
Luromerre

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics