Remove Advertisements

Tempest keep and Botanica

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Donjuan » Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:20 am

GREAT NEWS.

I am Kara attuned!!!!!!!!!

Also I am now a member of a raiding guild, and they dont want me to go Holy. YAY. Thanks everyone. I thought I would share my good news. Unfortunately I was a little late and they killed attunmen already. Other than that, i ma real happy.
Donjuan

Postby Kelaan » Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:03 pm

Everum wrote:I once tanked with the debuff and grabbed the adds when they spawned. 3 instant arcane strikes later from the adds at the same time for 3k damage each and I was pretty much dead. I could have been very unlucky.

I'm necroposting to address this very issue. :) I tanked Botanica (nost of the others were new to the zone as players, though I was there about a year ago on another toon) for the first time, and we wiped 2-3x on the first boss.

The protectors appear to do 3k arcane strikes even if you don't have the debuff - and eating 3 of those at the same time (plus the boss damage) basically gibbed me. After a Lay on Hands. >_< So, it seems that tanking the protectors can be a very risky affair. (I am pretty sure I didn't have the debuff, as I'd been prioritizing cleansing it off.)

Is fear the answer? We had a warlock and priest healer, and the first time we did a fearbomb, it didn'tseem to work. Eventually the way we killed her was that I got all the adds to hate me with a consecrate + holy shield, fearbombed, they came back to me, and then when I was quite low, I bubbled -- at which point the boss was low enough that the shaman's earth elemental tanked it while the adds all went for the warlock (who died). I healed myself, broke bubble, and we finished her off.

However, this was extremely sloppy IMO, and I'd like to not do that again. Do you veterans have any advice for it? I think part of it was that some of our DPS was in poor-ish gear (e.g., blue pvp geared rogue, with green daggers), but that seems liek a cop-out. I'd like to have a failsafe way to:
(1) avoid being gibbed by the adds (is fearing the only way?)
(2) prevent deliberately giving a groupmate a repair bill.

I'd love any suggestions you guys can make, as I plan to be running Botanica quite a bit until I can get exalted (and my shoulders ;)).
Kelaan

Postby Snake-Aes » Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:13 pm

That's an acute case of bad healer, man. If you don't have the debuff on you at all they hit for like 1k each, tops. Each stack of the debuff is an extra 1000 or so you take per hit.
with 700dps+ Dpsers, you can down her before she spawns any add(she doesn't do it until 1 minute into the fight)
Don't make the healer cleanse, do it yourself.
If dps isn't that good, just brute force your way into it. It really doesn't take much. Tank them all, Fear the Mender(elf in a dress) to avoid heals and focus fire the boss down.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Bughead » Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:45 pm

With good dps you can easily kill commander Sarannis before she spawns the adds ... just tell everyone to blow their cooldowns and burn her down fast .
If she does live long enough to spawn them have someone cc the mender and keep on her till shes toast
Bughead

Previous

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics