Healadins in heroics

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Healadins in heroics

Postby Toront » Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:23 am

whenever i do a heroic with a healadin it somehow always fails, they just dont seem to be able to heal through any more than 1 mob at a time and im always the 1 who gets the blame, does anyone else have this kind of problem when being healed by 1? or is it just me/my gear?
Toront

Postby ulushnar » Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:26 am

Get better Healadins.

I've done amazing and awful Heroics with every type of healer. At the end of the day a skilled player will work no matter the class.

The old cliche's true: A bad workman will always blame their tools. Or thier class.
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby iwillpunishu » Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:09 am

I like having a healadin as a healer, he has stun and bubble, and most likely wont get one or two shotted if he screws up, but as Ulushnar said its usually the player not the class that matters. Magister's Terace seems to be unfriendly for a healadin, but it can be done.
iwillpunishu

Postby ldeboer » Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:48 pm

Same as others I have no issues with healadins and quite like them multi buffs, tough and have stun whats not to like.

I actually find druid healers to be the most extreme you either get insanely good or insanely bad and I seem to suffer more with mana starvation from druid healers than any other healer type.
ldeboer

Postby istrienielle » Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:32 pm

I second that. I so far have better luck with healers of any other classes except druids. Two pug druids I had were pvp healers and it was more stressful for me and yes I get alot more mana issues with druids too.

I'm a little nervous with a priest healer with 6k hp, coz I know almost anything's gonna one-shot him.

For H Mgt, I'll prefer any other healing class but I won't refuse to take a healadin. I've healed it on my paladin and while its alot more challenging, it can be done.
istrienielle

Postby Seloei » Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:33 pm

It's all about the player skill. I know a few palas who can go from start to end without going under 90% mana and still i aoe tank the whole place. And other who fail to keep me up even on 3 packs in heroic ramps.

The one you had was a bad one who kept on healing AFTER you got damage. It's possible to do that, but you have to be juggling avoidance trinket uses, stuns and kiting to survive then. Just like you did in heroic bf near the end without a warlock at start.
Seloei

Postby Dendrah » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:06 am

I actually like druid healers... So far I didn't have a bad one and if I get mana starved I just slap on some more SD gear and go berzerk. They always have a HoT ticking after the fight bringing me nicely back up on HP and mana.

Paladin healers can be good but you need a skilled player. They don't have any group heals. So if one of your DPS or the healer himself gets damage he can't heal it without letting you on your own. Most unskilled healers can't stand a person who is not topped of and will leave you alone.
Dendrah

Postby Lookit » Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:44 pm

While player skill is definitely the largest factor, it shouldn't be shied away from that heroics do *not* play to a paladin healer's strengths. Paladin's excel at spamming heals on a single target. As soon as the rest of the party starts taking damage, due to AOE, cleaves, or whatever, the healadin has to stop healing the tank in order to heal other people. This is usually what causes the tank to die - not an inability for the pally to keep him up by spamming direct heals, but the inability for the pally to heal him at all while he's healing others.

All of the other healing classes have ways to do this, through HoTs, Chain Heal, Circle of Healing, etc. So while a holy pally can heal any heroic if they are geared and skilled enough, I think it's really putting one's head in the sand to deny that the other classes have an innate advantage.
Lookit

Postby ldeboer » Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:56 pm

Yep I agree lookit but with a pally tank in heroics a pally healer really shouldnt be healing others because a pally tank should be just aoe tanking everything.
ldeboer

Postby Lookit » Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:08 am

ldeboer wrote:Yep I agree lookit but with a pally tank in heroics a pally healer really shouldnt be healing others because a pally tank should be just aoe tanking everything.

Well... AOE? Cleaves? Secondary aggro attacks? Someone gets feared into another group? More AOE?

The simple fact is that there are a lot of occasions where someone other than the tank will take damage, and a holy paladin is unfortunately the most ill-equipped of the healing classes to handle these situations.
Lookit

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics