Post your record heroic times

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby fantine » Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:03 am

Very nice on the ramparts run - 18 minutes is my record too on the zone. The only disadvantage on a melee heavy group is that Omor becomes more difficult when you can't have range tank him. Congrats nonetheless - that's a very good time.
fantine

Postby ydraw » Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:44 am

My best time is 42 minutes for UB and 37 minutes for shattered halls. Could probably cut 5 minutes off Shattered Halls if we ever brought a rogue to unlock the door though.
ydraw

Postby Seipoc » Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:00 am

like 40 minutes in SP, pretty quick run compared to my usual ones
Last edited by Seipoc on Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thread killer
Seipoc

Postby Toront » Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:40 am

My best time is 42 minutes for UB and 37 minutes for shattered halls.

i feel so inadequate now lol, i thought a 45 min hero sh was good
Toront

Postby Vacalline » Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:21 am

My best in Heroic SH is 33 min... But I can't manage a time even close to that when it comes to the other "big" instances like Botanica, Underbog, Shadow Labyrinth and whatever. Think it has to do with the mindset (or whatever you call it)... Shattered Halls is so f*cking easy. I know it is for a protadin, so I memorize good pulling spots and corners etc. more easily in there than the other instances.

Definately gonna think differently now when doing the other instances. And also only ask for "people with brains" when advertising in /LFG :p (that's what I do when I go Heroic SH, and it has worked so far)
Vacalline

Postby fantine » Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:43 pm

Some people have PM'd me asking my stats so here they are. I don't think it would be beneficial linking an armory post just because it seems that I'm either ret or holy for most of the week depending upon my mood, and when I'm speced prot I'm using a completely different gear set.

Unbuffed in "heroic" gear I'm at approximately:

14500 HP
21% dodge
17% parry
20% block rating
18200 armor
690 spell damage

I use icon of the silver crescent like it's my job on every cooldown. I use mostly badge gear. I spend most of the heroic around 35% health for both my Mag Ter trinket to be most effective and for ardent defender to kick in. I don't do it on purpose but it lets the healer drink until I'm at around 40% before he starts healing when we're running off to a new pull if need be.

As the previous commenter noted, smart dps is a *huge* plus in this. I have to rely on them to burn down certain mobs quickly and to not pull aggro on anything unless they can kill it by the time it reaches them.
fantine

Postby Pizbit » Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:38 pm

fantine wrote:Very nice on the ramparts run - 18 minutes is my record too on the zone. The only disadvantage on a melee heavy group is that Omor becomes more difficult when you can't have range tank him. Congrats nonetheless - that's a very good time.

Nah, omor is cake since he dies oh so damned fast and rogues can CloS it off, tank can bubble it off etc. That's 3 of 5 the curse can land on and not matter. Especially with heroism.
I used to worry about melee heavy on him too. Then I went a 3 melee group and he just went splat, he must have zero armor or something!
Plus with fury war, enhance sham, rogue, there's some great synergy. WF, AP shout, STR tot, WIN!
I have ADHD and OCD...I keep forgetting to wash my hands.
Pizbit

Postby ZombieRitual » Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:15 pm

I'm finding I always have to drink, constantly. I'm using rank 4 Consecrates and not using CC, but I find after the end of most trash fights I don't have enough mana to comfortably hold the next pull, or at least not as well as I'd like. It's better with a shadow priest but I still have to drink far too often. Thoughts?
ZombieRitual

Postby Pizbit » Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:52 pm

Zombieritual wrote:I'm finding I always have to drink, constantly. I'm using rank 4 Consecrates and not using CC, but I find after the end of most trash fights I don't have enough mana to comfortably hold the next pull, or at least not as well as I'd like. It's better with a shadow priest but I still have to drink far too often. Thoughts?

Make the next pull halfway through the current one :)
Pizbit

Postby Helenia » Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:00 pm

Pretty sure this is a record:

Heroic SP in 16mins 40 seconds.
Helenia

Postby Marker » Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:16 am

How do you guys time your runs? Is there any counter that shows you when you pulled the first mob? Or are you guys just sitting with a stopwatch by the computer? :D
Marker

Postby Pizbit » Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:29 am

Marker wrote:How do you guys time your runs? Is there any counter that shows you when you pulled the first mob? Or are you guys just sitting with a stopwatch by the computer? :D

/timer ;)

Though there is the trusty clock :)

//ed//
And looking at time remaining on buffs. :)
Pizbit

Postby stillman » Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:49 am

dont hate me for bumping old topics xD but heroic Shattered in 24 minutes /flex
SP in 22 minutes
Ramps in 24 =P
stillman

Postby wawel » Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:28 am

Marker wrote:How do you guys time your runs? Is there any counter that shows you when you pulled the first mob? Or are you guys just sitting with a stopwatch by the computer? :D

wizard oil ( 1h timer ;) )
wawel

Postby Pizbit » Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:31 am

wawel wrote:

wizard oil ( 1h timer ;) )

/stopwatch
Pizbit

PreviousNext

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics