Best heroics for pallys to tank

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Best heroics for pallys to tank

Postby Mahale » Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:02 pm

Well I got my epic libram and I'm still working on getting comfortable in heroics ( my armory is my uncrush gear not 5 mans) but just because we tend to be a little different I was wondering which heroics you find to be easiest for you as a paladin to handle.

I've done heroic mech so much I've got it down to a science I think but I have no experience else where.
Mahale

Postby Vinnicius » Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:27 am

Slave Pens is an extremely easy Heroic to tank, you'll get comfortable there quickly.

Underbog is the same way and provides 4 badges.
Vinnicius

Postby Girard » Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:21 am

Vinnicius wrote:Slave Pens is an extremely easy Heroic to tank, you'll get comfortable there quickly.

Underbog is the same way and provides 4 badges.

UB is easy.. aside from that pull just before first boss. That pull is hard to manage without a solid healer and very strong DPS
Girard

Postby Nich » Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:29 pm

After slogging through my TK attunement chain, I honestly find that Heroic SH and Arc are quite easy, these days.

SLab is okay, but the group pulls with shadowpriests, between the first and second boss, can be a nightmare.
Nich

Postby Mahale » Sat Jul 07, 2007 11:49 pm

I just really don't like running heroics and here's why.

1. the difficulty I like a challenge but sometimes its crazy how hard they hit lol.

2. I just look at atlas loot link and thing, there is nothing in this instance I want to spend the next two and a half hours to get to, there are only a handful of tanking epics or really good blues and most of those are designed with warriors in mind so what's the point? Even sun eater the coolest looking tanking sword around is a warrior weapon.

3. the groups usually suck as I tend to pug it up with only my real life warlock friend joining in.
Mahale

Postby Julian » Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:14 am

Post-2.1, I honestly feel that heroic SH is one of the best places to farm with a paladin tank. It's 5 badges and there's not that much that's tricky about it once you get the gauntlet down.
Julian

Postby Fridmarr » Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:24 am

Julian wrote:Post-2.1, I honestly feel that heroic SH is one of the best places to farm with a paladin tank. It's 5 badges and there's not that much that's tricky about it once you get the gauntlet down.

Well it's a lot easier, but mech is stil probably the easiest for 5 badges. There are a few heroics I can tank without any CC at all, SH is not one of them.

Heroic SP is about as easy as it gets.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Fridmarr » Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:31 am

Mahale wrote:I just really don't like running heroics and here's why.

1. the difficulty I like a challenge but sometimes its crazy how hard they hit lol.

2. I just look at atlas loot link and thing, there is nothing in this instance I want to spend the next two and a half hours to get to, there are only a handful of tanking epics or really good blues and most of those are designed with warriors in mind so what's the point? Even sun eater the coolest looking tanking sword around is a warrior weapon.

3. the groups usually suck as I tend to pug it up with only my real life warlock friend joining in.

Well keep in mind, a lot of folks were doing these for the Trials quests to get their TK attunement. There are a couple of decent tanking items, and FR resist gear for when that is useful, all from badges and therefore guaranteed. You can also get nethers pretty quickly if you have use for them. Also, it's a good way to snag decent heal gear if you've been looting all tank gear on your raids.

Overall I find them fun, they aren't so difficult as to remove the enjoyment factor that has long since been missing in the non heroics. I do still think they are mostly out of tune, since trash clearing tends to be more difficult than the bosses, but that is somewhat understandable.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Mahale » Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:33 am

well I guess I'm also bumed about them because my favorite instances are mech/bot/arc but they don't drop anything new except for right at the end. Just change some of the loot around on the other bosses or what I think would be best is to have a set of about 15 epics that any boss in any heroic can drop. that way you always at least have a chance of getting an epic.
Mahale

Postby Nich » Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:38 am

If I had the time, and could convince friends/guildies to come with, I'd hit up Heroic Mech/SH/Arc every day, mostly to farm badges, but also for the one or two pieces of ok gear they still hold.
Nich

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics