Remove Advertisements

Epoch Hunter

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Epoch Hunter

Postby Catarine » Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:33 am

Any suggestions on how to tank Epoch Hunter (Old Hillsbrad Foothills) effectively? I have done it twice successfully, but it's been really sloppy each time. He's the one that removes your buffs.
Catarine

Postby Baelor » Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:07 pm

Stack as many magic buffs on yourself as possible. Scrolls, other class's buffs, everything. It'll provide some protection to your other, more important buffs (read: Righteous Fury)

When the fight starts, frontload as much threat as you can through Avenger's Shield, JoR, Consecration, and an immediate Holy Shield. You want to push out as much threat as possible from the start while you have Righteous Fury up to gain a lead on the DPS. Have your healer keep HoT's on you (if possible). Tell the DPS to go all-out, give them salvation beforehand so they can go absolutely nuts with DPS. The key to the fight is making it as quick as possible, since you just had to endure 3 waves of enemies and can't afford to just out-last him - eventually he'll get rid of all your buffs.

Stoicism helps for this fight, as it gives you a 30% chance to resist your buffs being dispelled.
I am the light that brings the dawn.
Something Wicked this way comes.
Formerly: Baelor of Runetotem-US (2006-2007) | Cathmor of Malfurion-US (2007-2010)
Follow me on Twitter
Baelor

Postby Catarine » Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:25 am

I asked on the WOW forum and was informed that the aura epoch hunter uses to dispell our buffs can be purged/dispelled/stolen. I think so long as you can get a shaman, priest or mage to come along, that is the best route to go.
Catarine

Postby Harod » Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:10 pm

Anyone tried that ?
Harod

Postby Arthelin » Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:11 am

I can confirm it does work, a Warlocks Felhunter works the best for this boss.
Arthelin

Postby Tellysaren » Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:43 am

Hmm...That might explain my spotty aggro. I want to pay attention to something besides health bars moving and cooldowns, but I don't know how to see 3 corners of my screen at the same time :( . Now I know why the hunter got his face smashed in and I couldn't regain aggro.
Tellysarena-Level 80
Human Paladin-0-53-18 Protection
Jewelcrafter/Miner
Lightbringer-<Reincarnation>

With a shield big enough, I can tank the World.
Tellysaren

Postby Snake-Aes » Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:20 pm

Arcaneshot/spellsteal/dispel/purge and the like do work, but the aura "ticks" as soon as it's cast. It'll give you time but you stll have to watch out.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Re: Epoch Hunter

Postby shade » Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:00 am

Catarine wrote:Any suggestions on how to tank Epoch Hunter (Old Hillsbrad Foothills) effectively? I have done it twice successfully, but it's been really sloppy each time. He's the one that removes your buffs.

never even knew he took off buffs.... i always just tanked him against the inn.

weird the things you learn.
One to be born from a Dragon.....
shade

Postby drizzy » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:38 am

This boss made me spec into stoicism when I was levelling, back when there was no holy shield or combat expertise. I don't think I'd do that now though.
drizzy

Postby Pizbit » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:24 pm

Yeah I never knew he removes buff either for the longest time -_-
I have ADHD and OCD...I keep forgetting to wash my hands.
Pizbit

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics