Remove Advertisements

Reg. Magister's Terrace

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Reg. Magister's Terrace

Postby Gwert » Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:59 pm

So today i tanked magisters terrace with a group of friends and had one hell of a time. First off, I was ret forever after hitting 70 in order to finish up all the quests and make $$, so i will admit i was a bit rusty. Secondly, 2 of the dps only have PvP experience so they were nearly useless. But my main observation is that 75% of the mobs in there were casters and i was having problems holding on to multiple casters while they are still near CC'd mobs (from lack of consecration). Any suggestions for these types of situations?
I only ever pay attention if it's a raid boss, else I just faceroll all over the keyboard yelling "MOAR! GIEF MOAR MOBZ PLZORZ!" on vent. ~ Pizbit
Gwert

Re: Reg. Magister's Terrace

Postby Antagonist » Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:08 pm

Gwert wrote:So today i tanked magisters terrace with a group of friends and had one hell of a time. First off, I was ret forever after hitting 70 in order to finish up all the quests and make $$, so i will admit i was a bit rusty. Secondly, 2 of the dps only have PvP experience so they were nearly useless. But my main observation is that 75% of the mobs in there were casters and i was having problems holding on to multiple casters while they are still near CC'd mobs (from lack of consecration). Any suggestions for these types of situations?

use line of sight. Use it A LOT.

Pretty much every pull there can be LoS'd around a corner and the corners are perfectly designed for positioning those mobs EXACTLY where you want them.
Antagonist

Postby spelltank » Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:58 pm

Antagonist wrote:
Gwert wrote:So today i tanked magisters terrace with a group of friends and had one hell of a time. First off, I was ret forever after hitting 70 in order to finish up all the quests and make $$, so i will admit i was a bit rusty. Secondly, 2 of the dps only have PvP experience so they were nearly useless. But my main observation is that 75% of the mobs in there were casters and i was having problems holding on to multiple casters while they are still near CC'd mobs (from lack of consecration). Any suggestions for these types of situations?

Pretty much every pull there can be LoS'd around a corner and the corners are perfectly designed for positioning those mobs EXACTLY where you want them.

agreed. Also, make sure ur CC keeps the mobs where they spawn, or a fair distance from where you are going to tank them, since its going to be hard to keep aggro off the healer without cons if you have quite a few mobs on you
spelltank

Postby caboom » Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:59 pm

Antagonist wrote:

Further more if by some reason u cannot LoS pull, have ur ppl near the closest coridor with los, throw ur shield from max range and run back, consacrate behind the wall as u see the marks closing in, tell ur mage to sheep before they reach the corner and ur golden, u can los pull absolutely every pack in mgt, and if ur still in blues and ur dps are in PVP gear u'll need it badly.
caboom

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics