Heroic BF

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Heroic BF

Postby istrienielle » Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:15 pm

I've read about the horrors of doing H BF for new tankadins and despite my best judgement, I agreed to tank it yest w/ a pug. I remember reading the mobs in there hit like a truck and I told the group I've never tanked H BF but they were happy to try anyway.

Went in there with a druid healer, a mage, a rogue and a warlock. First pull was fine, had one sheeped and tanked the other one. The 2nd pull with the imp, marked imp as skull, and cc the other 2 orcs. I can't consecrate on the imp, and I just pulled w/ exorcism on it. The dps killed imp faster than I can swing my mace few times. Judged SOR on the sapped mob and it stunned me before I can move him away from sheep for a conse. The next few secs were crazy. Rogue proceeded to dps the crap out of the orc, gained aggro before I can even wear off the stun, druid only dropped hots on me and I went down real fast.

Druid complained that I went down fast for a prot pally. :( And that he's not used to pve healing. I reminded him the orcs here hit really hard and that I can't block when stunned.

Tried same pull again, and still have trouble with the dps stabbing at the orc the moment I judge, with or without a consecration coming up. I find myself struggling with aggro and the stuns at the same time and trying not to break cc with conse.

Finally, the mage said she's tired and bailed. They got another rogue to replace her and he's even more eager than the other rogue. He's moving in front of me and the sometimes before my AS even landed on the mob, he's already had this multilate or a bleeding debuff (not familiar with rogues) on the mob.

I didn't want to give up but I was really stressed out and we managed to complete the dungeon with the overzealous rogue dying many times due to aggro. I feel kinda bad about that but I did ask him to ease off hitting the mob until I have him in my conse. And with the stuns/silence, I have to keep struggling with the aggro.

I'm just wondering if there's any better ways to do H BF or does anyone have trouble with maintaining aggro?
istrienielle

Postby Tiranknight » Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:22 pm

I generally try to stay away from Heroic BF.

The Gauntlet event leading up to Broggok tests your endurance greatly... and I ussually make a Mage sheep the last Orc in each wave so we can gain some composure and rest before the next wave.

and then there's Felguard Annihilator's at the end of the instance that hit for just ridiculous amounts of damage... last time I was in there I was 13k Armor, Uncrit and got hit for nearly 5k damage on a regular melee swing. :shock:
Tiranknight

Postby istrienielle » Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:27 pm

Yeah I healed H BF before and remember the horrible felguards there. When I was on my lock, I get one-shot so many times after banish expires that I made sure I threw my AS on the banished felguard before the lock in my group banish him.

Still I have never tanked H BF until yesterday and I realised now how brave my tank was when I was healing him. :)
istrienielle

Postby ldeboer » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:03 pm

You obviously read here and no doubt saw and now experienced my warnings about this instance so you are 1 up now lets talk about what you can do.

First armor and stamina are you friend in this instance ... you will be stunned expect it .... its about 2-4 seconds you need to be able to take the abuse ... cc what you can. Protection and ironsheild pots are very helpful take them.

Almost every pull with casters in the instance needs to be a line of sight (LOS) use LOS where possible most have convient little ledges and places.

The first pulls near the stairs with 2 + imp if you look there are little jutty out bits along the sides of corridor. Pull and run behind one it looks small but it is LOS to them they will run towards you one can be cc'ed on way to you. Drop consecrate and ignore the imp unless you have lock who can banish it. You cant afford to have the dps playing around with imp every second the guy is alive you are at risk the imp does much less damage than being stunned. Moment he is in consecrate stun him with HOJ you just bought another 5-6 secs of life without worry. You aim is to have him pretty well dead before stun wears off. Now deal with imp and then finally deal with the solo remaining mob if you get stunned by him there is at least only one beating on you.

It's pretty well like this for entire instance only the generally the two pull melee types are done in the open and a few packs in big rooms where there is no LOS points and you have to run in. Fortunately they tend to be caster and engineer types so stuns arent a problem.

If you are undergeared you really really need a priest or shaman healer or dps because you will want there shield whenever possible.

I have seen this instance done with 10K armor but it's never comfortable as we said comfortable is 15K+ armour and about the same in buffed HP.

It's really quite a fun easy instance once you are geared for it.
ldeboer

Postby istrienielle » Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:54 am

Thanks so much for the tips especially the corridor one. I didn't think of it at all.

I went in with 16.5k armor and 14.7k hp unbuffed, had kings and +30 stam food, I think I was 16k after buff. Have to admit, the orcs really hit like a big truck, I expected them to but it still feels like getting my face smashed when I actually tanked them. :shock:

I still want to try tanking this instance again, just because I want to perfect it, with your tips and hopefully a guild run will be less stressful for me. :)
istrienielle

Postby UMIO » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:07 am

with the pulls with the imp and the two orcs only cc 1 and AS the imp and exo then just focus on the other guy and let the dps kill the imp this should eliminate alot of the threat problems
UMIO

felguards

Postby cpicka » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:08 am

for the big dudes at the end, throw a shield at the skull and move way up the ramp, wait for the second one to get close to you and fear him (never underestimate the pally fear!) by the time he gets back to you the skull should almost be dead. stun the second dude before he hits you and youre good to go.
cpicka

Postby istrienielle » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:12 pm

That's an awesome tip. I keep forgetting we can fear the felguards. That's gonna be really useful with no lock in the group. Thank you.
istrienielle

Postby Ciandin » Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:03 am

While the above posts hit the nail on the head, I'd like to point out the fact you also had shitty rogues. A good rogue will at least give the tank enough time to get aggro before dropping a 2k ambush, or he will be stunlocking one of the mobs in a multi mob tanking situation.
Fighting over the internet is like the special olympics... even if you win, you're still retarded.
Ciandin

Postby istrienielle » Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:18 pm

Yeah the rogues were stressing me out and they were more interested in having a dps contest with each other than to help the group finish the dungeon. I doubt I'll be grouping with them again. I rather group with players who are more interested in team playing than making things difficult/stressful .

My repair for that run was 11g, the rogue had 32g repair. Go figure.
istrienielle

Postby istrienielle » Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:03 pm

I would like to tank tankadin and all those who have given tips and input about my BF issue. I tanked H BF again yesterday and followed all the tips and it was one of my best run ever. Did it in less than an hour too and no wipes.
istrienielle

Postby ldeboer » Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:34 pm

istrienielle wrote:I would like to tank tankadin and all those who have given tips and input about my BF issue. I tanked H BF again yesterday and followed all the tips and it was one of my best run ever. Did it in less than an hour too and no wipes.

Gratz and well done.

I did the reverse mis-timed a pull in the corridor with technicians and orc's and got pat and rogue and got pasted. Shhh dont tell anyone.
ldeboer

Postby Katerina » Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:04 am

istrienielle wrote: I would like to tank tankadin and all those who have given tips and input about my BF issue. I tanked H BF again yesterday and followed all the tips and it was one of my best run ever. Did it in less than an hour too and no wipes.

WOOT! grats! That's a terrific time, it is a rather long instance with a lot of trash.

ldeboer wrote:I did the reverse mis-timed a pull in the corridor with technicians and orc's and got pat and rogue and got pasted. Shhh dont tell anyone.

Screenshot or it didn't happen ;)

((I've done the same thing.. >.> Shush....))
Katerina

Postby rolo » Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:42 am

on the two orc, one imp pulls, I just ignore the imps and tell DPS to drop them fast. They hardly ever get more than one shot off and it gives me time to get decent aggro on the other two (or one if you're CC'ing).

I've done okay just aoe tanking the groups for the second boss event, but you need a healer with a deep mana pool. Last run I did, a warlock and mage were working together intelligently (!) to fear one out of the Cons, then sheep it far away. But yeah, the orcs all hit like trucks and the felguards are freaking freight trains.
Orcrist, lvl 70 Prot Paladin, Zul'Jin
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... &n=Orcrist
rolo

Postby Vacalline » Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:52 am

The first heroic I did was BF. Not as a tank, mind you, but as a rogue.

Me, and pretty much the rest of the people in the group (all guildies), thought it was the easiest heroic available. We had the best gear available to us at that time, basically. Atleast I did, and that was the full dungeon 3 set, coupled with those lightning fists from arca and bot. Kara was available but we had only just started with that.

We stopped after the first boss by the way. :) If we only had done something else, cause after all those wipes on trash (I thought it was ridiculous, but now I know that the trash is the only real "hard" part about heroics), I kinda lost faith in doing heroics ever again... lol.
Vacalline

Next

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics