Ready for Heroics or offtank Kara

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Ready for Heroics or offtank Kara

Postby thoreneor » Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:46 am

Hi,
first I wanna say that this is a great forum and I already learned a lot.
I just hit 70 a couple days ago and I already tanked all of the normal instances without problems. But now its kind of hard for me to get better gear... I know that the shoulders out of botanica would be a nice upgrade but they dont wanna drop (-:

I just wanna know if im ready to tank heroics or offtank kara?
Do you have any suggestions what gear i should get to reach uncrushable?

greetings Thoreneor from Das Syndikat (EU Germany)

I hope that i dont have any mistakes since English isnt my mother language...
thoreneor

Re: Ready for Heroics or offtank Kara

Postby uke » Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:58 am

I can't view armory at work, but if the numbers in your signature are correct, then you should be fine for heroics and OT'ing Kara. Might not be able to just AOE tank everything at once, but you should be fine with a good group.
uke

Postby Arcand » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:27 am

Dauntless Handguards (from the kill-Bladefist quest) and Dabiri's Enigma are good for getting to uncrushable. (I wish I could see your armory but I'm ignorant of the EU one.)

With your numbers I think you'd do fine as a Karazhan offtank. You could main-tank the first few bosses if your healers have gear or skill.

You'd do fine in the easier heroics. Slave Pens and Mechanar are nice because there are crowd control options on every pull.
Arcand

Postby Marker » Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:37 am

Marker

Postby Barathorn » Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:02 am

Arcand wrote:You'd do fine in the easier heroics. Slave Pens and Mechanar are nice because there are crowd control options on every pull.

I wouldn't advise anything beyond these 2 until you have some badge gear. I was MT in Kara with less unbuffed health, you are good to go!

Get in and get some badges and shineys!

Barathorn
Sabindeus wrote:I feel like I should get a t-shirt made for me that says "Not Socially Awkward, Just Fat".

Brekkie wrote:The world will always need people to dig ditches.
Barathorn

Location: Hitting Panda's over the head with a cricket bat shouting Get Orf My Lawn!

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics