Remove Advertisements

Bad healer? Or bad me?

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Bad healer? Or bad me?

Postby Diet » Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:28 pm

So in Heroic Slave Pens, the most cake heroic out there, I get complaints about my tanking for the first time ever. It was on a 2 pull before the drop down to the 2nd boss area, he got all whiney because I didn't have HS up the entire fight. Now call me a slacker or whatever, but usually in heroics I in fact don't keep it up at all times, maybe it's because I'm used to running with better healers, I dunno. But seriously, is not keeping HS up during heroic SP against 2 mobs really enough to make healing me really difficult and almost let me die?
Diet

Postby UMIO » Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:09 pm

judging of your sig i'd say it was probably the healers fault because using holy shield is unlikely going to save you unless you have a really high block value
UMIO

Re: Bad healer? Or bad me?

Postby ldeboer » Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:03 pm

Diet wrote:So in Heroic Slave Pens, the most cake heroic out there, I get complaints about my tanking for the first time ever. It was on a 2 pull before the drop down to the 2nd boss area, he got all whiney because I didn't have HS up the entire fight. Now call me a slacker or whatever, but usually in heroics I in fact don't keep it up at all times, maybe it's because I'm used to running with better healers, I dunno. But seriously, is not keeping HS up during heroic SP against 2 mobs really enough to make healing me really difficult and almost let me die?

If you are talking about the two that are on the top of where the corridor comes from 2 back to one and put up spell shields then you really are playing with fire not putting HS up and your healer may have been healing his butt off to keep you up rather almost letting you die.

A druid with HOTS on you prob wouldn't phase but something like a pally healer you are going to stress because they have cast times to worry about and you are going to take massive spike damage if both hit you.

Had you been around in old days you would have more respect for this pair. Now as usual they have nerfed the crap out of them and our gear is better these days but old days we used to have kite 1 with a mage or hunter cause no tank could take both. However I know they still do hit very hard.

In answer "bad you" stopping being lazy or risk dying.
ldeboer

Postby Tiranknight » Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:09 pm

The Double Defender pulls?

I farm Heroic SP pretty much everyday and I hate those pulls... they Stun you making you unable to Dodge/Parry/Block... put up spell reflect... and hit like trucks on top of that. I ussually have a Rogue stunlock one early in the fight, then I'll burn a HoJ... when both are still up I do everything I can not to get walloped, including hitting trinkets.

Once your DPS burns one down, and you have a lone Defender it's no problem... it's just 2 up at once can cause a spike.

(still no where near as bad as the Felguard Annihilator's in Hero Blood Furnace... I still have Nightmares about them reg hitting me for 4.8k ) :shock:
Tiranknight

Postby Diet » Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:59 am

Ok thanks, I will pay more attention in heroics I guess :) I usually run with a shaman who has no problems at all. The priest that complained would always wait til I was between 40%-50% to even cast a heal then he would cast flash's, no matter if it was a double defender, or the 4 pulls, and I was getting no mana back at all, which is part of the reason I don't use it all the time. I guess I get used to a system, then when my healer isn't on I try to use my system with others and it doesn't work :) He also chewed out the hunter and rogue for getting feared, so nobody was upset when he left and we continued on with another priest just fine. /shrug
Diet

Postby Ghort » Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:25 am

Diet wrote:Ok thanks, I will pay more attention in heroics I guess :) I usually run with a shaman who has no problems at all. The priest that complained would always wait til I was between 40%-50% to even cast a heal then he would cast flash's, no matter if it was a double defender, or the 4 pulls, and I was getting no mana back at all, which is part of the reason I don't use it all the time. I guess I get used to a system, then when my healer isn't on I try to use my system with others and it doesn't work :) He also chewed out the hunter and rogue for getting feared, so nobody was upset when he left and we continued on with another priest just fine. /shrug

Um.... last time I checked that's what is considered "stupid." One reason why I dont pug many heroics... my healers are stuck in raid mode i guess, because they start the heal when I start melee on the pull... if i dont need it, they stop the heal before it goes off.

I honestly get "lazy" or whatever towards the middle/end of the fight where i have stupid amounts of aggro over the rest of the dps, just so i DO take that much more damage so i get more mana and drink less.
80 Paladin (Prot) - Azual
80 Warrior (Prot/Arms) - Madarab
80 Mage (Arcane/Frost pvp) Arlensul
80 DK (Blood Tank) Deadkitten
80 Priest (holy/disc) - Ghort
5/12 ICC 10

Runetotem Server, Fifth Column
Ghort

Postby Ghort » Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:25 am

Diet wrote:Ok thanks, I will pay more attention in heroics I guess :) I usually run with a shaman who has no problems at all. The priest that complained would always wait til I was between 40%-50% to even cast a heal then he would cast flash's, no matter if it was a double defender, or the 4 pulls, and I was getting no mana back at all, which is part of the reason I don't use it all the time. I guess I get used to a system, then when my healer isn't on I try to use my system with others and it doesn't work :) He also chewed out the hunter and rogue for getting feared, so nobody was upset when he left and we continued on with another priest just fine. /shrug

Um.... last time I checked that's what is considered "stupid." One reason why I dont pug many heroics... my healers are stuck in raid mode i guess, because they start the heal when I start melee on the pull... if i dont need it, they stop the heal before it goes off.

I honestly get "lazy" or whatever towards the middle/end of the fight where i have stupid amounts of aggro over the rest of the dps, just so i DO take that much more damage so i get more mana and drink less.
80 Paladin (Prot) - Azual
80 Warrior (Prot/Arms) - Madarab
80 Mage (Arcane/Frost pvp) Arlensul
80 DK (Blood Tank) Deadkitten
80 Priest (holy/disc) - Ghort
5/12 ICC 10

Runetotem Server, Fifth Column
Ghort

Postby caboom » Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:37 am

on scale of 1-10 u'd get a 7 for not keeping HS up against a pull like that(double defender or double champion)u litterally need to use anything u can to survive there, especially if ur gear is not at post kara lvls, but he'd get a 3 for lousy healing
caboom

Postby Seloei » Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:50 am

Any healer who lets the tank go under 75% before EVEN starting a heal should ugh...

The dual defenders themselves don't hurt that much but they STUN making all your avoidance and block value useless. Start off the fight as usual, at around ~5-10s into the fight, stun one and burn the maintarget. If the stun doesn't last long enough, pop an avoidance trinket.

Those are the only hard hitting trash in the old heroics i can remember that is just a tank issue.
Seloei

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics