Remove Advertisements

Heroic Bot?

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Heroic Bot?

Postby Tiranknight » Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:25 pm

What is the difficulty level for this? I've been farming badges from Heroic Slave Pens, Underbog, Mech, Ramps... recently have gotten 55 badges and need 20 more for Chestguard of the Stoic Guardian.

So I figured I'd give Heroic Bot a shot.. heard from a lot of my friends that it's an easy 5 badges.. and that If I've cleared the above Heroics this shouldn't be much of a problem. So I got a group together for it... Me, Holy Priest with 1.6k bonus heal... Destro Lock, Marks Hunter + Druid can't remember what spec. Started clearing trash, I AoE tanked all the 3 packs no CC with pretty much no problem.. except the Greenwardens did some spike damage..nothing the healer couldn't deal with. However I came to the realization that nothing was dying... I mean we would spend forever trying kill the mobs.. (took like 2 and a half minutes just to down 1 Tempest Forge Peacekeeper) we would finish every other pull with 1/4th mana and have to drink. We kept pushing on regardless... I had to call it when we got to Sarannis. We fought her for like what seemed like an eternity before she summoned adds.. and by that time everyone was OoM...

My question is did they like Triple the amount of Health for the mobs in Heroic Bot? Or was this just a case of extremely poor DPS? Do you need like 3 t6 geared DPSers capping to clear this... I'd like to believe the DPS was just not holding up their end of the bargain because things should not take that long to kill (comparing to my other Heroic runs where it seems like the DPS just rips through mobs) or is this just how Heroic Bot is?
Tiranknight

Postby Arcand » Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:52 pm

No, the elves in there aren't amazingly resilient or anything. Sounds like you were helping some new 70s fast-track themselves to badge gear without paying any dues.
Arcand

Postby Colette » Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:10 pm

Yeah, you have poor dps. We run this with t5/badge geared alts and kill the botanist dude before he goes tree form.
Colette

Postby Marker » Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:42 am

Definately the DPS doing it poorly. If the healer can keep you up against the 2xGreenwardens+Mender, you and the healer is golden. They're some of the hardest hitting pulls in HCs if you do them with no CC.

Try to get AoE classes for the HC bot runs. Also a Shadowpriest is also a winner, since the menders can be MCed and give a 30 min buff that grants 200-something +dmg. Nothing like a 2 x Warlock + SP for HC bot. Seeds going off like crazy and steady mana and hp regen from the SP and +dmg buff. 30 mins for 5 badges.

I find HoJ to be more important in HC bot than any other instance, give that you run it with no CC.

A good tip is to HoJ the first greenwarden a few seconds into the fight, since they hit like a truck!

Adds for Sarannis? I had forgotten she even spawns them :)

HoJ the Falconeer mid-fight to prevent him from commanding bloodfalcons to attack your group. (or BoP the one they're commanded to kill). I always mark the falconeer for first kill and burn him down fast.

HoJ the Steward at ~50% to aviod the spinning-attack-thingey, saves alot of healer mana. Or pop a aviodance trinket for it. One of the 2 is normally up each pull.

HoJ the Gene Plicer to aviod Death and Decay debuff.
Marker

Postby Tiranknight » Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:03 am

Well I guess that's the gamble you take when PuG'ing a Heroic...

will definitely try to assemble a more prepared group next time I go in... the group was not even focus firing the mobs.. now that I think of it I remember telling them to Burn down the Mender first because she will Heal herself..after I've used one HoJ.. and she managed to get off like 2 Greater Heals in one pull with both Greenwardens still on me... :roll:
Tiranknight

Postby Marker » Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:30 am

I know some people consider it rude, but I normally ask what kind of gear poeple got before inviting. A quick look at +dmg for casters and AP for melee will give you a rough feel for their gearlevel. After one too many crapass PUG runs taking forever you kinda appreciate the privilege of being the most sought after class and choose accordingly. Seing as I went through a buttload of normal runs to gear up for the magic 485 def I'm not loosing sleep over not accepting a rogue in leveling greens.
Marker

Postby Dendrah » Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:54 am

try asking for hit instead of SD/AP.

Players who know they need hit are good players :) Even if they don't have hit.
Dendrah

Postby towelliee » Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:33 am

Just go into herioc bot with 2 CC and your good to go. Even on the 4 mob pulls I was able to tank them all or most time 3.

Tank
CC
CC
DPS
healer

Done
towelliee

Postby mrsmallie » Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:34 am

CC? We're talking about a Pally, right?

Hit rating for heroics is not very important. Only need like 80 to be capped for non-dual-wield anyways. And Spell Hit caps at like 63. All before talents, etc..

Get a dps meter. If you're doing more dps then someone, boot 'em.
As someone once said,"Pallies ARE CC. We enter a crowd, and proceed to control it.
mrsmallie

Postby Kelaan » Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:43 am

mrsmallie wrote:CC? We're talking about a Pally, right?

I've mixed opinions in Botanica on CC. When I was less well geared than I am now (which isn't stellar), having one of the harder-hitting mobs CC'ed (sap, sheep, or mind control) was handy to keep me from being gibbed. Mind control is excellent for this, and thus you DO want to bring a shadow priest. Mind control menders, use them to heal during the fight (or to kill adds), and then buff the party with +Spelldamage. There's a pull about 20 minutes into the instance, too, that you can do this on and it should last much of the rest of the instance.

Mind control also works well for the guys that cast Death and Decay, as that can be used in the AOE. ;)

The only down side of mind control (and, to a lesser extent, other CC) is that you don't have any threat built on them when it breaks. For MC, hold a HoJ handy so that you can stun them, then taunt them at the end when you dump threat into them. In that time, if they're last kill target, they're usually dead anyway.
Kelaan

Postby Lookit » Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:41 pm

Dendrah wrote:try asking for hit instead of SD/AP.

Players who know they need hit are good players :) Even if they don't have hit.

Yeah, this is true. My rogue alt only has ~1600 unbuffed AP, which is pretty lackluster, but has 323 hit rating, which means that as a Combat Swords build I consistently out-dps "better geared" rogues. Bear in mind that non-dualwielders need *much* less hit to be fully effective.
Lookit

Postby inthedrops » Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:10 pm

Ask them "What are your stats like?" instead of asking for specific stats.

Person 1: "2000 heal"
Person 2: "1600 heal, 20%crit, and 120 mp5"

I'm going to choose person 2 because they know there is more to healing than +heal.

You could always ask follow up questions if they give you lame answers. Incidently, if they answer with anything unspecific like "My stats are fine" that's usually a good sign too. You'd think it's not but it tends to mean the person is confident in their abilities.

And if they respond to a request for a heroic with "I do KZ all the time so I'm fine" then they suck bad and get carried by other people. Start asking specifics at that point. And yes, I'm serious...especially if it's a healer that thinks healing certain heroics are easier than healing KZ.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby ldeboer » Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:04 pm

It's your DPS'ers or lack of it thats the problem get recount or sw-stats so you can monitor groups just make sure they are all above you :)

In T4/T5 or badge gear the place is pretty much a joke you dont bother with CC. Thorngrin (the demon boss), people getting rooted in death and decay, and stupid melee not stepping back from spinning protectors are usually the only real problems in the instance.
ldeboer

Postby Tiranknight » Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:58 pm

Bot was the daily today went back in with a much better group and was an easy clear... two well geared Rogues, Warlock, Shaman Healer (<3 wrath of air, + heroism :D ) Every boss fight is pretty much a Nuke fest and you really have to burn them down... (wounding poison helped a lot on Warp Splinter)

The Stewards can really pack a wallop though if you don't watch out for their Spin attack... had a Rogue not paying attention once and got smacked hard... Thorngrin was the only semi-difficult Boss fight...

other than that collected 7 badges so I'm pretty satisfied. :lol:
Tiranknight

Postby Tellysaren » Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:59 am

I run Hbot a lot for easy badges, and the only thing our Kara/Badge/Dungeon Blues geared group worries about is getting out of ground aoes and If we have melee on Thorgrim, we usually lose them in the process of burning him down as fast as possible. Our DPS can burn down the first boss before reinforcements, just as a frame of reference.
Tellysarena-Level 80
Human Paladin-0-53-18 Protection
Jewelcrafter/Miner
Lightbringer-<Reincarnation>

With a shield big enough, I can tank the World.
Tellysaren

Next

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics