Remove Advertisements

Threat? Reckoning or Imp Judgements?

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Threat? Reckoning or Imp Judgements?

Postby Barathorn » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:50 am

Having read the excellant thread by Kalbear and not finding the information I was looking for, I could use some advice. I find myself in the position of being MT for a small guild, we are currently farming Karazhan and are just venturing into ZA. We have no plans to do any 25 man runs.

Farming Karazhan has led to most of the DPS having good badge gear, which obviously then puts a little strain on the tanks in terms of threat. What I need advice on is at this level of progression, is it worth me dropping Spell Warding and Imp Judgements for 4/5 Reckoning? I know Reckoning isn't a given and as such cannot be counted upon, but is the above likely, 'on average' to give me more threat?

I just wondered if anyone had any views or experiance with this, I am currently 49/12 with 0 reckoning and 2/2 spell warding and imp judgement. Would 2/5 reckoning also be an option by dropping spell warding?

Any advice is welcome.

Barathorn.
Sabindeus wrote:I feel like I should get a t-shirt made for me that says "Not Socially Awkward, Just Fat".

Brekkie wrote:The world will always need people to dig ditches.
Barathorn

Location: Hitting Panda's over the head with a cricket bat shouting Get Orf My Lawn!

Postby Snake-Aes » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:58 am

Check the reckoning uptime graph based on number of hits per second you take. For me, 3/5 is pretty much everything that I need. The big bonus of 1/2 and 2/2 judgments is more to make a smoother threat cycle CD overlapping once you get used to it. For me 1/2 was more than enough.

It takes a lot of taste on that :/ sorry for not being of greater help. My current spec dropped shield spec for reckoning, no wasted points.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:45 am

Why only one when you can have BOTH.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Barathorn » Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:01 am

Worldie wrote:Why only one when you can have BOTH.

This is why I am asking :) To me it seems sensible to drop 2/2 Spell Warding and 1/2 Imp Judgement as Snake did and take 3/5 reckoning.

I don't really want to drop anything else as I consider them 'core' abilities that I need.

Barathorn.
Sabindeus wrote:I feel like I should get a t-shirt made for me that says "Not Socially Awkward, Just Fat".

Barathorn

Location: Hitting Panda's over the head with a cricket bat shouting Get Orf My Lawn!

Postby Worldie » Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:50 am

It's safe thing to do. Probably the best you can do if you want more threat without giving up AD.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Barathorn » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:25 am

Worldie wrote:It's safe thing to do. Probably the best you can do if you want more threat without giving up AD.

Yeah I figure ZA at my gear level 'might' be scary without AD :)

Thanks Snake and Worldie!

Barathorn.

Barathorn

Postby Pizzon » Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:48 am

To be honest about improved judgement, for tanking it isn't really that great of an improvement.. With the timeing of concencrate, holy shield, seal and judge global CDs, having that extra 2 second on the judgement really is better spent somewhere else for tankadins..

Im trying ot find the info about it but lost it somehow.. ill post it later if I can.

Barathorn, spell warding knocks off 200 damage per every 1000.. I actually dropped that for ex extra reckoning and to put 2 in stoicism (stun resist for hyjal)

I forgot to respec to put it back for spell warding and I haven't noticed the differnce yet.
Pizzon

Postby Levantine » Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:24 am

Pizzon wrote:To be honest about improved judgement, for tanking it isn't really that great of an improvement.. With the timeing of concencrate, holy shield, seal and judge global CDs, having that extra 2 second on the judgement really is better spent somewhere else for tankadins..

Im trying ot find the info about it but lost it somehow.. ill post it later if I can.

Barathorn, spell warding knocks off 200 damage per every 1000.. I actually dropped that for ex extra reckoning and to put 2 in stoicism (stun resist for hyjal)

I forgot to respec to put it back for spell warding and I haven't noticed the differnce yet.

Wrong. Spell warding is 2% per point. 2% of 1000 is 20, not 200.
Levantine

Postby moduspwnens » Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:28 am

Don't drop both of your points in Imp Judgement, though. I run it 1/2 and only barely get three judgements in each Avenging Wrath cycle. I also run 4/5 Reckoning. Feel free to check out my spec.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby jere » Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:38 am

One thing to keep on the back burner: If you are MT, you might have to remember to respec into Spell Warding when you get to Kael. Maybe some more experienced tankadins could comment on that. Otherwise, I too have been considering the dropping spell warding and 1/2 imp judgement for 3/5 reck. I think it is a solid choice...I just need to convince myself to do it too.
jere

Postby moduspwnens » Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:55 am

jere wrote:One thing to keep on the back burner: If you are MT, you might have to remember to respec into Spell Warding when you get to Kael. Maybe some more experienced tankadins could comment on that. Otherwise, I too have been considering the dropping spell warding and 1/2 imp judgement for 3/5 reck. I think it is a solid choice...I just need to convince myself to do it too.

Eh, you can if you want to min/max it. Four percent isn't much.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby jere » Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:10 am

moduspwnens wrote:
jere wrote:One thing to keep on the back burner: If you are MT, you might have to remember to respec into Spell Warding when you get to Kael. Maybe some more experienced tankadins could comment on that. Otherwise, I too have been considering the dropping spell warding and 1/2 imp judgement for 3/5 reck. I think it is a solid choice...I just need to convince myself to do it too.

Eh, you can if you want to min/max it. Four percent isn't much.

without spell warding:
55000*.5*.94 = 25850

with spell warding
55000*.5*.94*.96 = 24816

It's the difference in needing 24816 health and 25850 health
jere

Postby moduspwnens » Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:28 am

jere wrote:without spell warding:
55000*.5*.94 = 25850

with spell warding
55000*.5*.94*.96 = 24816

Yeah, if you're tanking Kael and your DPS isn't good enough twice, because you will have bubbled through the first time they screwed up.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby jere » Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:37 am

Well, regardless of how you swing it, it happens. Whether you want to attribute it to dps sucking in general or whatever other reason, some attempts for some guilds go 3 rounds, and probably more so in progression kills than later on. That's why I said, keep it on the backburner as opposed to omg, you must spec it or else!
jere

Postby Worldie » Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:06 am

moduspwnens wrote:
jere wrote:without spell warding:
55000*.5*.94 = 25850

with spell warding
55000*.5*.94*.96 = 24816

Yeah, if you're tanking Kael and your DPS isn't good enough twice, because you will have bubbled through the first time they screwed up.

One of the possible tactics for Kael include completely ignoring the shield and eating 1 pyro for each time.

Worldie
Global Mod

Next

Return to Basic Training & Talents