Remove Advertisements

Imp Seal of the Crusader + Imp Judgement +imp Retri aura

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Imp Seal of the Crusader + Imp Judgement +imp Retri aura

Postby silentprince » Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:58 am

I have tried a few specs for now and i find it hard to keep aggro because i m have a lot of warrior gears. It is hard to get pally tanking gear (those that gives +spell dmg) that holds aggro well and at the same time gives a lot of stamina and mitigation. Therefore, i am thinking of wearing some warrior tanking gear with imp. SoC and Imp Judgement +Imp Retri Aura. This is my build right now

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=aZVhtIx0dgMqzVfx00b

Do you guys think it is a waste or it is useful? Please feel free to give any suggestions. I am still new at tanking.. TY..
silentprince

Postby Nich » Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:36 am

Imp SotC has such a small gain for your threat output when it's judged, and it won't affect ret aura.

If you need more threat, I'd probably consider http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=aZVhtIx0kggqzVbxz - 1h spec gives more overall threat, and you can judge SoC on the pull (or if something is stunned) for more burst threat.

Any crit judgement on a pull is nice, but SoC is 2x damage on a crit, whereas SoR is only 1.5x.

Also, Ret aura is as annoying as Redoubt as your gear progresses: they both need to be hit to work, and you'll (ideally) be hit less often.
Nich

Postby Candiru » Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:56 am

If you are horde use JoB to pull, its just better than JoR. (as long as you have prayer of mending or earthshield or something mind)

Its pretty stupid that JoB scales with spelldam but SoB scales with AttackPower tbh. What where they smoking when they thought that one up?
Candiru

Postby silentprince » Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:16 am

This is a question to Nich, when u judge SotC to a target, it increases its holy dmg taken by some amount isnt it?My point of getting imp SotC is to make the traget more vulnerable to holy dmg. I am not sure whether this affects the holy dmg of Consecration and SoR tho.If it does, wont that help in building up more aggro if u spam consecration or use SoR after judging SotC on the target?

PS: i am a human pally, i dont have SoB. =)
silentprince

Postby Prepared » Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:34 am

silentprince wrote:This is a question to Nich, when u judge SotC to a target, it increases its holy dmg taken by some amount isnt it?My point of getting imp SotC is to make the traget more vulnerable to holy dmg. I am not sure whether this affects the holy dmg of Consecration and SoR tho.If it does, wont that help in building up more aggro if u spam consecration or use SoR after judging SotC on the target?

I have Imp. SotC in my build, and a Libram of Zeal from the Field Scouts in Zangarmarsh in my macro for SotC. I pretty much swear by the threat increase. It's like free spell damage!

If nothing else, I have it on bosses until I've just about unloaded everything, and then switch it out for Wisdom.
"Judgement day's not coming soon enough."

Defense < 490 = Healing gear or Hydross gear.
Prepared

Postby Nich » Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:23 am

silentprince wrote:This is a question to Nich, when u judge SotC to a target, it increases its holy dmg taken by some amount isnt it?My point of getting imp SotC is to make the traget more vulnerable to holy dmg. I am not sure whether this affects the holy dmg of Consecration and SoR tho.If it does, wont that help in building up more aggro if u spam consecration or use SoR after judging SotC on the target?

I can't check at the moment, but doesn't the talent give about 15% extra damage? Which, at 70, is maybe 20 or 30 spelldamage worth?

Sure, more is better, but that's a pretty small gain from the talents you spend on it, IMO.

But yes, holy damage is increased, so JoR/SoR, HS and consecrate will deal more damage. Consecrate is going to gain the most, because the others actually have quite crap coefficients (making a minimal increase in damage see even less practical use :\).

The thing is, how much extra threat are you going to gain from Imp JotC? How much could you gain from those points being elsewhere? And, how often do you judge it?

If I'm tanking, I more often than not judge wisdom, because it helps the entire raid as well as myself.
Nich

Return to Basic Training & Talents