Spell warding...

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Spell warding...

Postby Ashmadai » Mon May 19, 2008 5:51 am

I keep fighting with myself about spell warding. I'm really thinking I want to drop it and drop 1 point of improved judgement and go either 3/5 Reckoning or 3/3 Pursuit of Justice for the mobility.

I need somebody to tell me to go ahead and do it, because I really don't think I'm going to be able to go ahead and make the decision myself. All I can think about is I'm going to get killed by a spell if I drop the spell warding, lol. Really though, it's not as if I tank that many bosses that use magic damage.
Ashmadai

Re: Spell warding...

Postby Morpheren » Mon May 19, 2008 6:38 am

Ashmadai wrote:I keep fighting with myself about spell warding. I'm really thinking I want to drop it and drop 1 point of improved judgement and go either 3/5 Reckoning or 3/3 Pursuit of Justice for the mobility.

I need somebody to tell me to go ahead and do it, because I really don't think I'm going to be able to go ahead and make the decision myself. All I can think about is I'm going to get killed by a spell if I drop the spell warding, lol. Really though, it's not as if I tank that many bosses that use magic damage.

I dropped it, and 1 imp judgement for 3/3 PoJ. Love it. Although if your dps is threat capped, a reckoning proc can help out a small bit.
whatisboom.com - Two parts rocket fuel, one part genius.
Chef Koriel, Guild Master of Fury Untold on Sen'jin
Morpheren

Postby Ashmadai » Mon May 19, 2008 7:12 am

I think that's what I'm going to do. My DPS is most definitely not threat capped. They all love it when I tank because they get to go nuts.
Ashmadai

Postby Elsie » Mon May 19, 2008 10:19 am

I'm thinking of dropping spell warding for 3/5 Reckoning myself. My progression kill on illidan didn't have it, and there doesn't seem to be a huge need past that to keep it.
Elsie

Postby Rykis » Thu May 22, 2008 2:27 pm

The build I am using right now I like a lot. For the record it is:

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sZVhtIx0drgqtVbh

I ripped it mostly off of Lore (Thanks Lore!), however I left Kings into the equation. I've been contemplating dropping spell warding for 2 more points in parry, but I'm not certain.

I wish there was a mod, like tankadin, that told me how many times spell warding saved my life. I think the number would low.
Rykis

Postby Fridmarr » Thu May 22, 2008 3:26 pm

Clearly you don't need spell warding. Personally I happen to like it a bit more than anything I would give up for it, for my general tanking needs. I typically use

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sZVhxIL0dGgqtVox
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby sandmaster » Mon May 26, 2008 6:05 am

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sZVotIx0dMgqtVox0h

Is what i roll with at the moment. Going to be tanking Hydross soon so any reduction on spells is a must for me, casters are also the things that are ever tricky so makes that easier also. Kept kings in for 5 mans, 1/2 in imp judgement as it helps make the 10 sec rotation less dependant on connection. I've got high spell damage so haven't had the need to pickup reckoning.
sandmaster

Return to Basic Training & Talents