Remove Advertisements

Improved Seal of the Crusader vs Precision

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Improved Seal of the Crusader vs Precision

Postby Chevalier » Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:25 am

For a raid build im stuck between these two.
The questions are, do you always judge Seal of the Crusader on raid bosses?
If so, 3/3 imprv seal of the crusader gives 28.5 extra spell damage or 9.5 per point. Precision gives you 3% more white damage and 3% more SoR damage
http://www.wowhead.com/?search=seal+of+the+crusader

Imprv Seal of the Crusader looks like it would destroy Precision threatwise. Why dont people go 46/15 instead of 49/12?
(im guessing judging crusader isnt always the best option)

Assuming you can only afford to have a Continuum Blade with 121 spell damage and a 40 spell damage enchant which would give you 161 spell damage plus seal of the crusader's 190 spell damage for a total of 351, improved seal of the crusader's 28.5 additional spell damage would give you a 8.2% increase in your spell damage. (28.5/351)
(I don't know how much spell damage you raiders go with but this is the often cited combo)

Sorry if my math's wrong but I gotta get going, seeing Lynyrd Skynyrd!
Chevalier

Postby adese » Sat Jun 23, 2007 12:53 pm

I'm personally not a big fan of JotC. If I spam SoR/JoR I'm usually fine on threat, and I like to put up JoL/JoW for regen as needed. I like to get a JoR off early, to give me a bigger lead on threat, and by the time that I am able to judge Crusader, my threat lead is substantial enough that I don't need it. Besides, putting up JoW for a caster heavy group (or JoL for a melee heavy one) really makes life easier for the entire raid.
adese

Postby Jensaarai » Sat Jun 23, 2007 3:56 pm

If I don't need the threat, which is pretty much never, I use JoW, because it's immensely helpful to the enh shaman and other casters in my raid. Not to mention myself :D

Maybe someone else can work out some better math, but...Precision works for me.
Jensaarai - 85 Prot Paladin (Lost Isles - US)
Endüre - 85 Prot Warrior (Lost Isles - US)
Jensaarai

Postby PsiVen » Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:28 pm

I rarely use JoCr, and the bonus isn't very large. I don't usually get Precision either though.

This week I'm trying out Vindication. So far, it sucks.
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Chevalier » Sun Jun 24, 2007 7:25 am

Jensaarai wrote:If I don't need the threat, which is pretty much never, I use JoW, because it's immensely helpful to the enh shaman and other casters in my raid. Not to mention myself :D

Maybe someone else can work out some better math, but...Precision works for me.

Better math?
The fact is, Precision is a talent that benefits our Ret. friends much more than us. If 28 Spell Damage is an 8.2% SD increase, which works out to a 15.58% threat increase, then Precision is 3*1.9+3 which is a 8.7% effective threat increase. (this is assuming our holy damage DPS=white damage DPS) Therefore Precision is roughly equal to (28.5/1.79)=15.92 spell damage points (threat wise), 5.33 repeating spell damage per point (threat wise).
Don't forget that Improved Seal of Crusader improves Const, Judgements, and Ret Aura as well. So even with rough estimates the difference may be greater.
Chevalier

Postby Candiru » Sun Jun 24, 2007 7:30 am

ret aura sadly isn't affected by any +spell dam.
Candiru

Postby Lorath » Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:21 am

I'd like to think about it like this; if I don't need JotC on a raidboss, say Prince perhaps? with ppl nuking their hearts out, then when would I need it? Never - waste of points.
Maybe you could have some use of it if you went with lower spelldmg, say with a Sun Eater or King's Defender with little spdmg on other gear and need the extra oomph... me personally would not go that route however.
Lorath, Human 80 Swedish Viking Tankadin, EU Bloodhoof
www.kingsandaces.eu
Lorath

Postby Jensaarai » Sun Jun 24, 2007 2:44 pm

I didn't mean to call your math bad, what I meant to say was math proving my point or something.

In any case, I usually don't need JotC on bosses, I use JoW because it has a larger value to my entire raid, since I don't need the threat (usually).

I've been parsing fights with WoW Web Stats, and JoW provides a huge benefit...yes, JotC could let me build a higher threat ceiling, therefore allowing for more dps, but as I said, most of the time I don't need it.
Jensaarai - 85 Prot Paladin (Lost Isles - US)
Endüre - 85 Prot Warrior (Lost Isles - US)
Jensaarai

Return to Basic Training & Talents