Remove Advertisements

Pimp ma tank!

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Pimp ma tank!

Postby ulushnar » Mon May 28, 2007 11:36 pm

http://armory.wow-europe.com/?#characte ... n=Ulushnar

Just been level 70 for two and a half weeks, only started Kara with my group just over a week ago (I took a couple of months off to level this toon). Currently got 3/5 Heroic Keys and i'm about one run apeice away from the last two, so i'm hoping to start Heroics soon.

As well as that gear, I have my block set, which gives me about 27% block rating, 15% to dodge and parry, 1k less health and a block value of roughly 360.

Been powerlevelling Alchemy and I'm going to grind for the trinket. After I've done that I'm going to farm Ogri'la for a Crystalforged Sword.
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby ulushnar » Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:28 am

Ok, I've currently got my raid/heroic tanking gear on my armory profile atm. Can anyone give me some hints about attaining uncrushability from there? My next goal is to try and get some more heroics done to get the Libram,
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby Lore » Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:38 am

You're at 96.45% right now, the heroic libram will put you really close. I'd say go for the Devilshark Cape from Steamvaults, it's ridiculously good and the dodge on it should push you over.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby ulushnar » Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:43 am

Yeah, Devilshark and the ring from the Harbinger in Arc are the drops that never drop for me. I will get them one day!
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby Lore » Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:45 am

I hear you, the only time I ever see Devilshark is when I'm on an alt -_-
Lore
Global Mod

Postby ulushnar » Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:36 am

Well after a good weekend in Kara and a few Heroics, I appear to be uncrushable in my tanking gear.

Of course the downside now is I only have 11.1k health whilst uncrushable. Should be ok for Heroics and Kara, but more would be good if we start moving to 25mans. Any hints?
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby ulushnar » Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:55 pm

I am really stuck atm. I got lucky on Saturday and got the Compass from my first Heroic Black Stalker kill.

And then on Sunday, I tanked the prince for the first time, in the gear on my profile. every fight went the same way: at around 40% all of a sudden *bam* I go from 60% to 0% in about 2 secs, and this is with 16.5k HP buffed.

What can I do to boost my survivabilty reliably?
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby adese » Sun Jun 17, 2007 7:45 pm

The best thing you can do when tanking Prince is to get uncrushable (your dodge, parry, block, and to be missed need to add up to at least 102.4% when Holy Shield is up). If you don't do that, he can crush you, and if he gets 2 crushes in a row (such as when he does a double attack), there isn't much that your healers can do to keep you up.

I think there are some guides around here that list gear to get to be uncrushable, if you need some help getting there.
adese

Postby ulushnar » Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:27 pm

Erm, I'm pretty sure I am uncrushable raid-buffed. It's the only reason i'm still wearing the PoS ring from the Black Morass quest.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby Downpour » Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:17 am

During phase 2, after a few sunders, especially around the 40% mark his flurry can often hit for 3x4-5k. I use an ironshield pot around 50%, use my pocket watch if i dip below 1/2 health and have nightmare seeds on standby.
Downpour

Return to Basic Training & Talents