Remove Advertisements

Last 5 Points, what to do, what to do...

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Last 5 Points, what to do, what to do...

Postby Paksennarion » Tue May 22, 2007 5:44 pm

So, I've pretty much got my build laid down, and since I had to respec to pick up ImpHS, I'm considering playing with a few things.

What I've got down so far is:

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=aZVGtIx0dgMqzV0x

This leave me 5 points shy.

Now, I was running 5/44/12 prior to the patch. This particular build is at 0/46/10 with 5 remaining points. What I'm torn between is trying out the new 1H Weapon Spec, and giving up 500+ mana that I had from Divine Intellect.

I know that, when raiding, extra intellect is about as useful as tits on a boar, and probably will remain so in 2.1 for the most part, but we're still a fairly casual guild, and we're not exactly expecting to be dropping the 5-mans for quite some time, which is where the intellect comes in. The damage comes in because, frankly, I'm a bit borderline on threat generation - tanked Attumen on Saturday, and the only death we had came about 10 seconds after I switched off to Seal of Light to try and get some mana back on the priests by lightening their load a little. (Charge-whack-whack, dead mage.) I don't know if the AD change will help to prevent me needing to do that, but damage is always good.

I'm kinda stuck here, not really sure what the best choice is. Thoughts on this?
Paksennarion

Postby daviis » Wed May 23, 2007 12:30 am

I would go with 2/2 improved judgement and 3/5 weapon skill.
daviis

Postby Lore » Wed May 23, 2007 6:54 am

Lore
Global Mod

Postby eia » Wed May 23, 2007 7:49 am

Looks like a really solid build Lore, and one I would go for except for one thing...
To me, Improved Concentration Aura feels worth investing in, since the times when I have hardest feels to me to be when silenced/countered, and 30% reduction feels like a lot.
What is your impression of it? Not worth it I guess, since you don't have it?
Trying to decide if I should move 3 points from Reckoning into it or not..
"It takes two to cuddle."
eia

Postby Lore » Wed May 23, 2007 7:54 am

eia wrote:Looks like a really solid build Lore, and one I would go for except for one thing...
To me, Improved Concentration Aura feels worth investing in, since the times when I have hardest feels to me to be when silenced/countered, and 30% reduction feels like a lot.
What is your impression of it? Not worth it I guess, since you don't have it?
Trying to decide if I should move 3 points from Reckoning into it or not..

I looked at imp conc aura, hope to get back into TK soon (once the servers settle down) and play around some more, I may end up doing the same.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Jensaarai » Wed May 23, 2007 9:53 am

Lore wrote:http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=qZVhtIx0dggqzVbx is the build I'm using.

Copycat
Jensaarai - 85 Prot Paladin (Lost Isles - US)
Endüre - 85 Prot Warrior (Lost Isles - US)
Jensaarai

Postby Lore » Wed May 23, 2007 11:31 am

Jensaarai wrote:
Lore wrote:http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=qZVhtIx0dggqzVbx is the build I'm using.

Copycat

>.>
<.<

You caught me!
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Paksennarion » Fri May 25, 2007 8:16 am

Any problems with mana Lore? I had a hellacious time the other night farming trash in KZ, and I'm not yet uncrushable. I ended up going with the 5 in Divine Intellect because of it, and I'm leery of tanking 5-mans at this point because I go OOM with Wisdom judged and Imp BoW from another Paladin on Trash.

After the last six months, this is really depressing.
Paksennarion

Postby Lore » Fri May 25, 2007 9:11 am

No mana problems, on trash I drop a max-rank consecrate once I'm situated and just keep HS and SoR/JoR going. Usually enough to hold aggro. I only need to drink every 2-3 pulls, usually about the same time DPS is drinking.
Lore
Global Mod

Return to Basic Training & Talents